do the 2 piece armor set bonuses work?

gasxero

Level Sync means that the effects of stat boosts to Endurance, Mastery, Power and Health (collectively, "EMPH") aren't visible if you're in synced-down areas. Everywhere is a synced-down area for level 75s (we're discussing set bonuses, therefore we're talking about level 75s) except Fleet, our ships, strongholds of all sorts including guild flagships, Mek-Sha, Onderon, Objective Meridian and Dxun.

In synced-down areas, no matter what your level (e.g. you are level 11+ on a starter world), your EMPH stats are limited to specific values. Some experimentation revealed that:

* Mastery is clipped if it's above a specific value.

* Endurance is also clipped, but to a different value.

* Health is clipped to a value that is not the one that would be given by the clipped Endurance.

* Power is *set* to a specific value, regardless of your gear (even if you are disarmed and naked, you have *that* amount of Power).

So if you're using a +% EMPH set bonus in Level Synced areas, you won't see any benefit at all from it.

Notionally, at least, you won't see that limitation for non-EMPH stats, unless the sets are bugged.

(I'm assuming that you have *equipped* two pieces of the same set at the same time...)

Level Sync means that the effects of stat boosts to Endurance, Mastery, Power and Health (collectively, "EMPH") aren't visible if you're in synced-down areas. Everywhere is a synced-down area for level 75s (we're discussing set bonuses, therefore we're talking about level 75s) except Fleet, our ships, strongholds of all sorts including guild flagships, Mek-Sha, Onderon, Objective Meridian and Dxun.

In synced-down areas, no matter what your level (e.g. you are level 11+ on a starter world), your EMPH stats are limited to specific values. Some experimentation revealed that:

* Mastery is clipped if it's above a specific value.

* Endurance is also clipped, but to a different value.

* Health is clipped to a value that is not the one that would be given by the clipped Endurance.

* Power is *set* to a specific value, regardless of your gear (even if you are disarmed and naked, you have *that* amount of Power).

So if you're using a +% EMPH set bonus in Level Synced areas, you won't see any benefit at all from it.

Notionally, at least, you won't see that limitation for non-EMPH stats, unless the sets are bugged.

(I'm assuming that you have *equipped* two pieces of the same set at the same time...)

what i mean is that my character, un-buffed and naked in my stronghold does not register, say the 2% critical increase(for example from the 2-piece Berserker set) on the character sheet where stats are shown.

is it by design or just not working?

• 2 weeks later...
what i mean is that my character, un-buffed and naked in my stronghold does not register, say the 2% critical increase(for example from the 2-piece Berserker set) on the character sheet where stats are shown.

is it by design or just not working?

The common misconception on those 2 piece setbonuses is that its 2% flat rate increase of alacrity/critical/shield. IT IS NOT. It is however a 2% increase of your RATING. This means if you take the preservers shield bonus: 2% of the shield rating budget that tanks normally have 4500 is 90. SO you get 4590 shield rating by equiping that setbonus. Thats barely a blip on the actual shield percentage. Same applies to Alacrity and Critical setbonuses, since ppl go for 1213 alacrity rating minimum and 3k+ critical rating.

Edited by Anyaka_Jedi