Gree even XP Exploit fix FAILED!!!!!

Hizoka

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hack are you saying?, the XP boost is not even activated yet.

the bolster was supposed to be removed do that a level 27 cannot survive fighting anything on the planet... that failed... i'm sorry you are not able to grasp that. Now that they have said you are not supposed to be able to do it it is now an exploit.

Patch Note

Bolster has been temporarily removed on The Western Ice Shelf of Ilum so that lower level players can no longer use the area to level up more quickly than intended.

their "Fix" didn't fix the issue.

Edited by Hizoka

the bolster was supposed to be removed do that a level 27 cannot survive fighting anything on the planet... that failed... i'm sorry you are not able to grasp that. Now that they have said you are not supposed to be able to do it it is now an exploit.

Patch Note

Bolster has been temporarily removed on The Western Ice Shelf of Ilum so that lower level players can no longer use the area to level up more quickly than intended.

Who cares? How does it negatively impact your gaming experience at all? So people get to level 50 faster. So what? Oh what would we do if everyone was level 50 after the double xp weekends are over? How will we ever be able to find groups for operations or find people when RotHC comes out to do heroics with? This is by far the dumbest complaint I've ever seen.

Who cares? How does it negatively impact your gaming experience at all? So people get to level 50 faster. So what? Oh what would we do if everyone was level 50 after the double xp weekends are over? How will we ever be able to find groups for operations or find people when RotHC comes out to do heroics with? This is by far the dumbest complaint I've ever seen.

+9000

i mean, i dc about the ilum grinding (which got to be the most boring thing i ever experience imo)

i can power lvling simply by doing pvp (which IS A FASTER WAY TO GRIND) with double xp+max legacy+major exp booster.

i dont see how what other idiots do has to do with you

Edited by astrobearx

Patch Note

The bolster also meant that combat experience gained by somebody lower than 50 was still doled out to all group members as though they were level 50. Removing the bolster means that combat experience will be treated like it is in any other quest zone, namely: the 50 will get the lion's share of experience and the lower levels will get virtually nothing.

Edited by Euphrosyne

call it a fail if you want, bottom line is the fix itself was a "fail" BW screwed up and should have just sucked it up for this weekend. The fix would have "broken" the gree event for anyone lvl 45-47 at a minimum as there is no way you are going to be going in there and killing level 50 mobs with out the bolster, yet the event was open to them so the fix was a "fail"

To the OP I guess you will not get to be using the double exp weekend as you will be to busy playing "mall cop"

Well, yeah. I'd say failing to fix a exploit would be a failure. I do care because all of those lazy aholes out powerleveing aren't grouping up with people that want to play legit. Kinda puts a damper on double xp weekend when it's as hard to get groups as it is any other day.

Well, yeah. I'd say failing to fix a exploit would be a failure. I do care because all of those lazy aholes out powerleveing aren't grouping up with people that want to play legit. Kinda puts a damper on double xp weekend when it's as hard to get groups as it is any other day.

how exactly are they lazy?

BW failed to fix the exploit.

Those that used it last time and will continue to use it now will be vocal and tell you to stop "grassing them up" and let them get on with it.

You try to explain why this exploit should be fixed.

Thread goes nowhere.

Only thing worth repeating is that BW failed once again.

BW failed to fix the exploit.

Didn't they state themselfs that they don't look at this as an exploit?

They couldn't fix an exploit, that isn't existing

First, we are not considering this an exploit so anyone who had fear of action being taken against their characters, etc, should not be afraid. We will not be doing anything to players who used the Ilum pylons to get to 50.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Patch Note

So you agree that before it was a not an exploit ? why are you so mad then ?

Also its much more faster to get 3 friends and farm flashpoints with the added xp bonus from legacy and bonus xp item.

But do you also consider this an exploit ?

Edited by tekhiun

So you agree that before it was a not an exploit ? why are you so mad then ?

He's mad because he had no friends to group with or because he heard about the "exploit" :rolleyes: too late and didn't get his share.

It's always the same about the e-honor crowd. "Oh my, someone is levelling faster than me, this cannot stand".

Not seeing where this "exploit" was a problem... people were gaming together and grinding levels. I've been playing rpg's for many years now and grinding levels is what you do. What's the difference if you grind them in a farm group or pvp? Not seeing why this needed to be "fixed"

+9000

i mean, i dc about the ilum grinding (which got to be the most boring thing i ever experience imo)

i can power lvling simply by doing pvp (which IS A FASTER WAY TO GRIND) with double xp+max legacy+major exp booster.

i dont see how what other idiots do has to do with you

So what you are effectively saying is after you have grinded countless hours you can then grind faster than those who have not grinded as long as you to begin with.

People need to really watch what they post... Example the person I qouted explains that he can powerlevel faster than someone on illum using a exploit.. but fails to see the flaw he posted about having to grind many long hours to reach max legacy to get to the point that he could level up faster than a exploit. AKA he claims that it's no big deal but shows intruth it is a big deal because people are bypassing what others are having to do to get a perk.

Example the person I qouted explains that he can powerlevel faster than someone on illum using a exploit.. but fails to see the flaw he posted about having to grind many long hours to reach max legacy to get to the point that he could level up faster than a exploit.

What are you talking about? Legacy is not exactly a "grind" and if you've been playing even remotely consistently since it initially came out then you have more than enough legacy levels to buy any of the perks. Furthermore, you can buy that perk with cartel coins!

So what you are effectively saying is after you have grinded countless hours you can then grind faster than those who have not grinded as long as you to begin with.

People need to really watch what they post... Example the person I qouted explains that he can powerlevel faster than someone on illum using a exploit.. but fails to see the flaw he posted about having to grind many long hours to reach max legacy to get to the point that he could level up faster than a exploit. AKA he claims that it's no big deal but shows intruth it is a big deal because people are bypassing what others are having to do to get a perk.

I see your point.

I am at max legacy on an APAC server. Decided to reroll because BW don't give a crap. So I ilum'd the **** out of my toon.

Suck it up. who cares. Everyone had equal opportunity to powerlevel through ilum, I hope they did screw up the patch (I'm still getting bolster on my now lvl 48 sorc, hopefully when double xp clicks over I still get it!)

Actually, unless you're talking about seeing me as I shoot from class mission to class mission on Tython or Ord Mantell, or else watching me fly past you on a speeder as I'm quickly zooming around Coruscant simply to unlock my ship (not doing any heroics or other side missions along the way), you wouldn't have seen me anyway... I'd be in the PVP queues.

So all you did was miss me in the PVP queues for a day while I leveled up characters. Now I'm gonna be there in the pre-50s and 50s PVP queues for the next few weeks.

The power leveling changed nothing in that regard with respect to myself and my own method of playing the game (and the way BioWare allowed it to be played).

I see your point.

I am at max legacy on an APAC server. Decided to reroll because BW don't give a crap. So I ilum'd the **** out of my toon.

Suck it up. who cares. Everyone had equal opportunity to powerlevel through ilum, I hope they did screw up the patch (I'm still getting bolster on my now lvl 48 sorc, hopefully when double xp clicks over I still get it!)

Glad to see that some of you from APAC got to use this effect to liberate yourselves from the APAC servers. I was hoping that would happen.

"This game sucks because no one wants to group. It's an online single player RPG." ... "This game sucks because people are grouping and leveling too fast."

"This game sucks because CM is P2W" ... "This game sucks because because I have to pay for vanity stuff."

"This game suck because there is no PVP on Ilum" ... "The game sucks because there is PVP on Ilum."

BW, for the love of my sanity, can I please have my own private forums so that I can procrastinate from doing my job in peace? I would be happy to just post & reply to my own threads. Trust me, the voices in my head make more sense than any of the QQ'ers in this thread or in the 600 barber-shop QQ threads.