I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Public-Access is on the 20th December. If you get to play before then it is indeed "Early Access", regardless of whether it is a day or a week.

2) BioWare up front said the earlier you registered your code the sooner you would get into game. Clearly you thought everyone who had been buying it for the last three months prior to you buying it had decided not to enter their code. You were wrong.

3) YOU would prefer a rough game launch because you would sooner put yourself over the millions of people who have come before you. Though it might not be my place I will at this point speak on behalf of those millions and say "They would sooner choose a steady game launch if it is at your expense".

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

1. Pretty sure you're a troll, but I can't sleep, and I am bored.

2. No one here cares .. Literally no one.

3. Bioware doesn't even have your money yet. They don't get it until you get your pre-order, which if I remember correct for most of the world isn't until this morning.

4. If this is a "lottery" system then you have a poor concept of what a lottery is.

5. When you Assume you make an *** out of me an you.

6. They didn't promise you anything they said "UP TO 5 days" which was extended to 7 days so that could mean 0 days.

7. They will more than likely get everyone in tomorrow.

You do know that the servers were full yesterday and there was a queue. And from the looks of it you pre-ordered in november. Everyone seems to have forgot that the earlier you pre-order, the earlier you will get to play the game.

Whaa whaa whaaa /charliebrown

If you get two days early access as opposed to one, would you be happy then?

I don't really care at what time I get access currently, as I have pretty much resigned myself to getting into Bioware's "catch all " wave for everyone who they didn't think deserved to get legitimate early access, as was advertised.

Boy, I sure am glad I pre-ordered for that color crystal!

And for the record, I pre-ordered a digital copy, as I didn't trust Bioware to get me a physical copy when promised, which looks like it was a good idea.

I guess I should be glad I'll be able to play it at least on release day and not have to wait 5+ days for my physical copy to arrive?

Edited by kingsab

It is what it is, OP: you didn't enter your preorder code soon enough to get in earlier. I've sat here since Tuesday hoping for an e-mail, and mine just came in this morning. I had to sit through another entire day of work knowing that the game was ready for me to play, and then I sat online for another hour arguing with an online retailer over a botched shipment for something unrelated. I've played for the past 5 hours now, and I've loved it.

I ordered on November 1. Considering the July preorders got in just two days ahead of me, I'm pretty happy.

Just accept that you made a wrong choice if your goal was to get in as early as possible. You'll get early entry, very likely tomorrow, as I imagine that'll probably be the last of the early entry people. Then December 20 hits, we all get flooded (thank Heavens I'll be out of the opening area by then), and 5 days later, everyone whose parents made them wait til Christmas morning to get their game is going to rush in and clog up the servers with queues.

Go ahead, choose not to preorder a BioWare product. Mass Effect 3 is a single player game, it doesn't matter when you preorder, and I don't think BioWare is going to be doing another MMO for awhile; MMOs are a full-time job, and this one is going to take up a lot of their time.

This is a sith talking in the above quote....:rolleyes:

And this below is a jedi talking wisdom :cool:

1) Public-Access is on the 20th December. If you get to play before then it is indeed "Early Access", regardless of whether it is a day or a week.

2) BioWare up front said the earlier you registered your code the sooner you would get into game. Clearly you thought everyone who had been buying it for the last three months prior to you buying it had decided not to enter their code. You were wrong.

3) YOU would prefer a rough game launch because you would sooner put yourself over the millions of people who have come before you. Though it might not be my place I will at this point speak on behalf of those millions and say "They would sooner choose a steady game launch if it is at your expense".

First-come, first-served is not a new concept.

Please stop acting like it is.

I agree with the OP that paying a pre-order fee just to get a 1 day jump is BS. However, I dont agree with makeing everyone suffer. In regaurds to pre-ordering early. Unlike the majority of the people that didnt pay for or research the game themselves, I prefer to know what im getting into before I drop 60$. So for all you posters that are crying about the OPs post...shut up and get rid of your 10yr old "I was here first" attitude.

It is what it is, OP: you didn't enter your preorder code soon enough to get in earlier. I've sat here since Tuesday hoping for an e-mail, and mine just came in this morning. I had to sit through another entire day of work knowing that the game was ready for me to play, and then I sat online for another hour arguing with an online retailer over a botched shipment for something unrelated. I've played for the past 5 hours now, and I've loved it.

I ordered on November 1. Considering the July preorders got in just two days ahead of me, I'm pretty happy.

Just accept that you made a wrong choice if your goal was to get in as early as possible. You'll get early entry, very likely tomorrow, as I imagine that'll probably be the last of the early entry people. Then December 20 hits, we all get flooded (thank Heavens I'll be out of the opening area by then), and 5 days later, everyone whose parents made them wait til Christmas morning to get their game is going to rush in and clog up the servers with queues.

Go ahead, choose not to preorder a BioWare product. Mass Effect 3 is a single player game, it doesn't matter when you preorder, and I don't think BioWare is going to be doing another MMO for awhile; MMOs are a full-time job, and this one is going to take up a lot of their time.

Wrong choice? Nowhere was I warned that my choice was "wrong" in pre-ordering late. I saw a game I liked, and said "yeah, I'll pre-order it".

Then, after the fact it goes through the effort to warn me that I won't get early access until Bioware thinks I should, after EA has my money all secured for the 20th.

It's not about the time I get early access anymore. It's about the way it was(and is being) handled and advertised.

I guess I shoulda pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 5 years ago, just to make sure Bioware thinks I'm in the "worthy" club for whatever pre-order bonuses come with that game.

What do you want, OP? Open the floodgates and then every server has a queue?

Heck, there are already threads about waiting queues and people complaining. Bioware can't win. If they're cautious, people like you complain. If they are optimistic, they risk queues and other people complain.

I don't really care at what time I get access currently, as I have pretty much resigned myself to getting into Bioware's "catch all " wave for everyone who they didn't think deserved to get legitimate early access, as was advertised.

Boy, I sure am glad I pre-ordered for that color crystal!

Ya this is a lame ***** preorder perk, easily the worst I've ever seen. My friends at work already got a 3 day head start so I wont be one of the first to do anything on my server. And I can get that same color crystal from a newbie quest I completed at level 8 as a jedi consular. Thanks for nothing EA/Bioware

im in the same boat as you but to be honest, our bad. we should have pre-ordered sooner.

its kind of like getting mad at people in the front of the line ya know.

relax and we will all get in soon.

Why cant more people be like you?

/hi5

What do you want, OP? Open the floodgates and then every server has a queue?

Heck, there are already threads about waiting queues and people complaining. Bioware can't win. If they're cautious, people like you complain. If they are optimistic, they risk queues and other people complain.

That's Bioware's fault, again, they're trying way too hard to be way too cautious in this MMO launch. Quite a few MMos have "opened the floodgates" so to speak and have had relatively successful launches, with only a few hiccups that are recovered from in the following weeks.

But really, do you think I care about people who have already gotten access? No, I don't care that you have a 45 minute queue. I can't even enter the queue, or install the game.

I'd rather be in a 50 minute queue and feel like a valued customer than be off in the ghettos watching all the rich people go into restaurants I can't afford.

Edited by kingsab

to some degree i honestly agree with OP.

i see what every1 else is saying and given the circumstances we just have to deal with it, its what BW chose to do.

but there should of been beta testing where mass amounts of people were invited to see how the servers handled it, or implementations on realms such as lengthy ques to ensure nothing crashed.

1 million people is alot of pre orders, but WoW and other mmos have alot more then that on alot older platforms and there releases are generally ok. I have signed in on every WoW expansion, warhammer early release and rift and there was a few hicups but nothing that would cause a company to create surges of invites.

People can say, oh you should of pre ordered earlier, but honestly if this was there intention all along they should of stated this the day you could pre order the game so people like myself and others who have jobs, bills, mortages and a family or others who simply just dont want to spend money on a pre order eons in advance with no real reason to, dont get punished coz a few days before launch we are told, OH BTW LAWLS STAGGERED PRE RELEASE.

personally not a huge deal, im just going to do other things while i wait for my invite. But i think in the future either more warning or more effort on releasing the game like every other in the genre would better suit there publicity.

in a week no one will care even the people that this affectd the most. but its still something that shouldnt be happening in 2011.