Nerf the sith scorcerer!!!!!!!!!!!!

MicroMadMan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While they dont have 5 stuns it's true that sorcs 1vs1 can stunlock you till you're dead, and if you're melee add knockback + root and speed boost. Absolutely silly and needs fixing. Also one of their stuns ignores immunity from full resolve bar. Edited by Lariuss

Wow 13 exclamation points, really?

They have one stun, two snares (one of which is a channeled dot), plus two dots (1 instant cast, one not), and one instant cast direct damage cast. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two things but most of the rest is spec based.

Edited by Sivar

Wow 13 exclamation points, really?

They have one stun, two snares (one of which is a channeled dot), plus two dots (1 instant cast, one not), and one instant cast direct damage cast. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two things but most of the rest is spec based.

I love it when people get killed by another class and all of a sudden its " Nerf that class because i suck at mine " . The ones that believe is OP should go try and play one.

If you think a sorc is OP,learn how to play your class.

Trolls will be trolls.

I've never been able to stun-lock anyone. I'm corruption spec and normally the #1 target. For a good portion of the time, most of my cooldown's are never up. Stun / Whirlwind have 1 min cooldowns. It doesn't take much (1 interupt) and you can make the sorc's life hell.

It's also not like classes can't just force choke, charge, stealth and stun the sorc. The DPS of the sorc isn't as great as other classes either. I had to respec from healing to DPS for an Eternity Vault raid and was given a 75k mob, I was one of the last to actually drop my mob and needed help doing so. Whereas the Assasins, Marauders, Powertech's had finished long in advance.

If you think a sorc is OP,learn how to play your class.

When you get through that absorb shield and oh magically it's up again because Bioware screwed up with how the timer works, sorry, but you are a pain in the *** to deal with. Much more than it should be.

Stuns, I really don't care, but a spellcaster tanking that much better than any tank is stupid. You don't need 2 bubbles when you already have a sprint and 2 stuns to get out of dangerous situations.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

We have 2 stuns both have a 1 minute CD and one of them goes away if I attack and of course we have things to keep melee away because if you constantly are hitting us we will die in like 30 seconds.

30s? Most classes die in 15s including tanks and you don't see any problem with that?

When you get through that absorb shield and oh magically it's up again because Bioware screwed up with how the timer works, sorry, but you are a pain in the *** to deal with. Much more than it should be.

Stuns, I really don't care, but a spellcaster tanking that much better than any tank is stupid. You don't need 2 bubbles when you already have a sprint and 2 stuns to get out of dangerous situations.

If you think a Sorc can out tank a tank class (or even rival a tank class in any way, shape, or form), you really need to pay attention more.

The shield might need to be adjusted for pvp(it's needed for pve), but there are some pretty idiotic statements being thrown around in this thread.

Sorcs have a 4 sec stun on a 1min cooldown, and a 1 sec stun(if speced) on a 1 min cooldown. There is absolutely no way that they can stun lock you until you are dead. You are being stunned/hit by other classes simultaneously if this is what you are experiencing. That, or you have 8k hp or less.

I am playing a sage, but i totally agree.

We have light armor, and are dead if anyone comes close to us. Why do we need 2 stuns which are on a 1 minute CD? Remove them BIOWARE, nerf us please! And please buff the Operatives who only have like 4-5 stuns, i think they need twice the more.

/troll mod off

No, just no.

They don't need stuns or DPS nerfed (no I don't play Sage or Sorc and really don't even have much trouble with them usually) the only thing that really needs to be adjusted is shield, and possibly a look taken into their heals when they are fully DPS specced.

Really tho, without that shield up they are pretty much a sitting duck and that's why I don't think they need DPS or stuns nerfed.

I am playing a sage, but i totally agree.

We have light armor, and are dead if anyone comes close to us. Why do we need 2 stuns which are on a 1 minute CD? Remove them BIOWARE, nerf us please! And please buff the Operatives who only have like 4-5 stuns, i think they need twice the more.

/troll mod off

No, just no.

List the operative's 4-5 stuns.

Actually, list more than 2.

Or list more than 1 usable out of stealth.

Edited by GengisKahn

The shields are fine as well and barely last more than 2 seconds in PVP if someone starts hitting you. Both the utility and the shields are needed, because the class is super fragile and would go down extremely fast otherwise. The shields help to absorb some (burst)damage and when something get's really close to you, you die in just a few hits.

People have to play a bit higher up before judging. Of course all of this looks much different at level 16, when your shield can absorb some Guarding hitting you for about a minute. ;)

I don't get how people can think Sorcerer's are overpowered? I kill them fairly easily!

I know all these threads are from mad operatives but despite what you believe, they don't nerf classes on who barks the loudest. It was pretty obvious 3 shotting someone as they lay helplessly on the ground wasn't intended.

Instead of crusading for nerfs to Sorcerer's you should make threads to buff survival/sustained damage of the operative since they're losing some of their burst.

All of the proposed changes in the various nerf sorc threads would hurt Assassins too, which they're pretty balanced.

Stopped reading at have 5 stuns lol...

I'm a 49 sorc and our class is by far not op'ed. I kill and get killed. If I had to guess I'm sure you've made posts in this pvp forum about how everythign sux and the developers don't know what they are doing etc...

Didn't care to read the entire forum.

Fact is: 90% of this thread are Sorcs, don't care what they claim to be.

Fact is: Who wants their class to be nerfed?

Fact is: Sorcs are OP, hence them being the most popular class IG atm. (Think that's an assumption? You're either a sage or a sorc.)

That's really all there is to it.

Queue the "Everyone whines when another class kills them" replies, because last but not least:

Anyone that currently plays a Sorc, cannot say it's balanced.

The Human Effect.

Those that haven't played it, see it from the third person.

Those that have, have fun with it and don't want to stop having fun/are afraid it's the class that's good, not them (Which is likely true for 50% of them, if you're one that's worried be afraid. When Sorcs get nerfed you will need to reroll.)

Last Queue of the day:

Reserve the names, start getting gear ready for your alts.

Sorcs have it coming, the non sorcs will not complain.

If you complain, you're a sorc.

TL;DR

Nerf Sorcs where they need it (THEY NEED IT.).

If you go ANY FARTHER, take opinions on it, if not, then don't.