Rakata Survivor Set Bonuses

Turlinde

How useful is the Rakata set bonus for tanking? 5% additional shield chance for 2 pieces (with Ward up) and 2% less damage for 4 pieces.

I absolutely hate the look of the gear and it makes me cry. So I want to put my mods into some adaptive gear. While the shell bonuses are statistically helpful I know, I am wondering if I would really notice the difference making the switch.

How useful is the Rakata set bonus for tanking? 5% additional shield chance for 2 pieces (with Ward up) and 2% less damage for 4 pieces.

I absolutely hate the look of the gear and it makes me cry. So I want to put my mods into some adaptive gear. While the shell bonuses are statistically helpful I know, I am wondering if I would really notice the difference making the switch.

Very useful. Do as i did, take the headgear and hide it, keep the chest you like, and go for endgame with the rest. Boots and gloves are rather plain so no issues with them.

5% shield and 2% damage reduction are actually rather neat as far as gear bonuses go.

Very useful. Do as i did, take the headgear and hide it, keep the chest you like, and go for endgame with the rest. Boots and gloves are rather plain so no issues with them.

5% shield and 2% damage reduction are actually rather neat as far as gear bonuses go.

Thanks for your feedback. I probably worded my question poorly. I know they are useful, especially as compared to other gear set bonuses, but are they true difference makers? Are the set bonuses truly noticeable in action?

Thanks for your feedback. I probably worded my question poorly. I know they are useful, especially as compared to other gear set bonuses, but are they true difference makers? Are the set bonuses truly noticeable in action?

Yes.

People pay millions to upgrade their gear to 61/63, which gives less of an upgrade than you get for free from that set bonus.

When you get campaign gear (or dread guard), you can put the armorings in any other light or adaptive armor and still get the set bonus, but until then, you have to live with the tionese-rakata look.

If I'm forming a raid and see that you lack the set bonus I will flat out refuse to take you, even if your gear is good enough for the content anyway since it shows that you care more about vanity then doing your job properly.

Yes.

People pay millions to upgrade their gear to 61/63, which gives less of an upgrade than you get for free from that set bonus.

When you get campaign gear (or dread guard), you can put the armorings in any other light or adaptive armor and still get the set bonus, but until then, you have to live with the tionese-rakata look.

If I'm forming a raid and see that you lack the set bonus I will flat out refuse to take you, even if your gear is good enough for the content anyway since it shows that you care more about vanity then doing your job properly.

Is there any mathmatical theorycrafting to support your assertion? When I played WoW, people were able to make gear determinations by doing statistical analysis. I understand the desire to have best in slot in every part of your gear. However, sometimes that is more vanity then actual utility as well. I know people who would pay 1 million creditsd to change one mod that simply gave them 3 additional endurance (which is not statistically significant). Just for the sheer pride that it was best in slot.

I have been looking for, and and not yet found, tables that show how damage and mitigation scale and work.

Is there any mathmatical theorycrafting to support your assertion? When I played WoW, people were able to make gear determinations by doing statistical analysis. I understand the desire to have best in slot in every part of your gear. However, sometimes that is more vanity then actual utility as well. I know people who would pay 1 million creditsd to change one mod that simply gave them 3 additional endurance (which is not statistically significant). Just for the sheer pride that it was best in slot.

I have been looking for, and and not yet found, tables that show how damage and mitigation scale and work.

Doesn't take math on this one.

2% damage reduction is priceless for the sin-tank since we are on the very low end of the tanks armor wise. 2% extra DR is pretty much what you'll gain going from rakata to campaign, maybe a bit more.

As far as the extra 5% shield on Dark Ward, it represent - lot of shield rating when you move forward in the harsh DR curve.

I personnaly spent 68 BH comms in the campaign armoring before the mods, so I got rid of the headgear and skirt. I realize its a bit of a setback for "getting geared ASAP" but i personnally don't mind it much, since I don't particularly care about beeing decked out in Dread Gear ASAP, I prefer my main to look as i liked.

If you're looking for an excuse not to use the set bonuses, you won't find one. Every assassin tank uses the set bonuses because it helps us do our job. You're asking "Is shielding 5% more shieldable attacks and reducing damage by 2% actually shielding 5% more attacks and reducing damage by 2%?" The answer is yes.

Missing set bonuses and using accuracy enhancements are easy ways to tell when an assassin tank doesn't know enough about their class to understand the benefits. I suggest popping over to mmo-mechanics to find all the numbers you're looking for, including a defense stat DR curve analysis and charts.

You really have no excuse to not use the set bonuses now that you can buy campaign armorings. But as was mentioned earlier, the easiest thing to do is get your set bonus from your hat, legs, hands, and feet, hide your hat, and wear whatever chestpiece you want. You don't even need rakata shells, you can just buy cheap tionese or columi pieces and retrofit them with the mods you need. Then when you get campaign and dread guard armorings, you can start wearing whatever you want in those slots.