Bioware Strikes Again! Stupid Flashpoint Changes that were never needed!

Ok, first it was the adds in Czerka Corporate Labs having a now infinite aggro range and almost forcing groups to have a Rdps. Now it's this...

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.

WHY?!? That's got to be the MOST STUPID CHANGE EVER.... So what if we can kite the boss away and reduce the strain and headauche that boss has? those adds in that fight are pretty brutal, so if you would have either A. gotten rid of the adds. or B. reduced their HP and Damage. i would be fine. but this is just stupid... (this is about HM Athiss, this boss is piss easy in SM.)

There were several different "strategies" in the past that I was aware of.

1: take it to the cave to the south where u can activate a droid (avoids adds, kb in a small room does not matter much), but need to clear two additional pack of adds.

2: take boss to the pond, again no adds will come, but folks will most likely fly all over the place, no more add killing needed.

Honestly put, these r faceroll tactics which r pretty said to do with a full group. All the tank needs to do is to stand in the middle of the doorway and he will not be knocked out of positionn, adds will spawn right on top of the tank so they can instantly use aoe threat moves etc.

Frankly put, that shuttle in HM cademimu should be made inaccessible, such a wussy tactic that one is. Folks facerolling mechanics instead of doing it the right way. Pretty saddening, neither of the encounters is hard meachanics wise.

Frankly put, that shuttle in HM cademimu should be made inaccessible, such a wussy tactic that one is. Folks facerolling mechanics instead of doing it the right way. Pretty saddening, neither of the encounters is hard meachanics wise.

hiding behind the elevator is even worse. the adds still spawn and just sit there and after killing the boss you'll have to kill 20 pigs that just stand there and stare at the sky

Ok, first it was the adds in Czerka Corporate Labs having a now infinite aggro range and almost forcing groups to have a Rdps. Now it's this...

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.

WHY?!? That's got to be the MOST STUPID CHANGE EVER.... So what if we can kite the boss away and reduce the strain and headauche that boss has? those adds in that fight are pretty brutal, so if you would have either A. gotten rid of the adds. or B. reduced their HP and Damage. i would be fine. but this is just stupid... (this is about HM Athiss, this boss is piss easy in SM.)

Ive done labs with all melee plenty of times. I havent noticed this "adds having infinite aggro range problem." What are you talking about?

As for Athiss, if the only kind of boss fight you can handle is one that sits still while you pound on it, might I recommend the Training Dummies? You can even solo those. Go get 'em, tiger!

Complaining about tactics used in a HMFP... that's even worse than complaining about SM Ops tactics.

TBH I'm glad this Athiss one was fixed. Now bads won't whine at groups to waste time clearing those extra mobs and kiting the boss instead of just killing the boss. I hope they also fixed the bugs where he would sometimes launch people who were standing behind him. But things like the Cademimu shuttle do not take extra time to set up, so who the hell cares? Do people really get their SWTOR challenge fix from HMFPs?

Ive done labs with all melee plenty of times. I havent noticed this "adds having infinite aggro range problem." What are you talking about?

As for Athiss, if the only kind of boss fight you can handle is one that sits still while you pound on it, might I recommend the Training Dummies? You can even solo those. Go get 'em, tiger!

Used to the adds in Corp Labs wouldnt aggro unless you AOE'd them. now, they will aggro at ANY range, and their laser attack has an infinite range too.

The point of the cave/pond stratagey is to make the boss less difficult. those adds if not dealt with quickly can kill a group even with a really good healer (my dad can attest to that as his main is a Mercinary Healer, and he is nearly the top healer in my guild [Gone Sithing on The Harbinger]) So, the knowledge of being able to kite the boss previously isnt an exploit, it's a tactical advantage. If your fighting something, you want every single advantage you can get right? Cause, if you dont your kinda stupid. It's similar with the wookie fight in HM Cad, that's a tactical advantage, not an exploit...

Used to the adds in Corp Labs wouldnt aggro unless you AOE'd them. now, they will aggro at ANY range, and their laser attack has an infinite range too.

The point of the cave/pond stratagey is to make the boss less difficult. those adds if not dealt with quickly can kill a group even with a really good healer (my dad can attest to that as his main is a Mercinary Healer, and he is nearly the top healer in my guild [Gone Sithing on The Harbinger]) So, the knowledge of being able to kite the boss previously isnt an exploit, it's a tactical advantage. If your fighting something, you want every single advantage you can get right? Cause, if you dont your kinda stupid. It's similar with the wookie fight in HM Cad, that's a tactical advantage, not an exploit...

? WHAT ADDS? Are you talking about the little droids that spawn in the first boss fight? They are supposed to attack, it was a very long standing bug that they didnt. All you have to do is break off every other electricity phase, tap them twice and they die. Thats nothing....

Your idea of "a really good healer" is clearly different than mine. Have you ever done an operation? (Im just trying to imagine a guild advert: '<Gone Sithing> is now recruiting for Tactical and HMFP progression content. Apply today and come push the boundaries of SWToR!")

As far as defending your exploiting as "tactics," just .. dont. Its too sad to be funny. Hell, most of the time these "tactics" you love so much just make the fight more difficult. If your tank has more than two neurons to rub together (which is a freaking hilarious joke from about 3 different angles), the wookie himself kills all the adds for you. Instead of trying to glitch the boss out because youre scared of a few ugnaughts, you could just do it the RIGHT way, and have an EASIER time.

The point of the cave/pond strategy (sp) is to make the boss less difficult. those adds if not dealt with quickly can kill a group even with a really good healer (my dad can attest to that as his main is a Mercenary (sp) Healer, and he is nearly the top healer in my guild [Gone Sithing on The Harbinger]) So, the knowledge of being able to kite the boss previously isnt an exploit, it's a tactical advantage. If your fighting something, you want every single advantage you can get right? Cause, if you dont your kinda stupid. It's similar with the wookie fight in HM Cad, that's a tactical advantage, not an exploit...

I don't think your definition of Kiting and the generally accepted definition are 100% the same.

Kiting the Beast would be running it around the area where it spawns, outside of it's range, so you take little to no damage.

Bringing it to the Cave "broke" the adds. You just pull the Beast a long way away, take just as much damage, and basically do no kiting. Was it easier? Yes. Was it helpful when I was doing Athiss HM undergeared with people I didn't know? Absolutely

Is it an exploit? Probably not.

But avoiding adds and how the fight is supposed to work is certainly not kiting.

A lot of people will tell you something to the effect of: "The fight is not that hard. If you want to see additional content and progression, learn to handle the fight as it is, not look for ways to "cheese" mechanics. Get better as a player and it will be better for everyone".

I'm glad this of this change on Athiss. The cave tactic gain popularity lately and it's annoying. Such a hassle.

Few months back, I don't remember it being so common. People just dealt with adds with little problem. But yeah, the other day, with my new PT tank, I was getting lower and lower, because dps ignored them. I had to type in chat they should kill them...:rolleyes:

As for the shuttle thing, it's an annoying tactic too, and more often than not, you end up with a bunch of remarkably tough little ****** hassling the group after the wookie is dead.

While annoying, the cave thing was effective. The shuttle thing on Cademimu, is not. I really don't know how it became popular being so unreliable.

There's your problem. You don't need ranged dps to deal with those adds. You just need any dps and tank who know what they are doing. And the range of the laser attack isn't "infinite", it's 30 meters, the same as any other ranged mob in the game.

As for your claims of how difficult the Athiss boss is, I feel pretty bad for Gone Sithing if their top healer considers the fight challenging.

1) Tank holds the boss in the doorway to avoid getting knocked around and uses AoE to pick up the adds as soon as they spawn.

2) DPS AoE down the adds within 10 seconds.

3) Healer stands to the side and pretty much only has to heal the tank since kolto shells are enough for everyone else.

Regarding the Cademimu "stand on shuttle" tactic, that trick is passable if your tank is too incompetent to realize he can just snap and hold agro on the adds by doing AoE damage on them as soon as they appear (the adds stick to whoever first enters their aggro table when they come down). But if your tank actually knows how to get agro the trick is a waste of time.

I'm sorry, I am still remembering your outrage over how 9 people in an ops couldn't down Op IX on HM...

This change only means you have to kill little tiny adds that basically evaporate, gee golly willikers. Calling people who think that its easy to do it that way stupid just reemphasizes the L2P response you continually require.

No offense, but if an HMFP healer is worth a damn, the group literally has to try to kill themselves for there to be any possibility of a wipe (or even a single death) at any point in any of the HMFPs. I do agree with the sentiment that avoiding "cheese" strategies just for the sake of "honor" or "the intended method", when said "cheese" method requires no extra effort, is stupid. But the Athiss cave did require extra effort in that you had to waste time killing more adds and dragging the boss around, and was therefore the inferior tactic.

Don't see the problem, all the bosses are easy to fight with any grp that have slightest idea what they should be doing. If not... problem aint in the fp that is made to work as intended :)

(pls nightmare lost island lvl 55 and we get these whines into a new level! :D :D )

Edited by Fazaani

(pls nightmare lost island lvl 55 and we get these whines into a new level! :D :D )

Agree! They need to bring back the original pre-nerf Lost Island and Kaon, bonus bosses included, and scale them up for 55. And also any other HMFPs that were nerfed that I may have forgotten about (I think Directive 7 had some nerfs, maybe others).

The point of the cave/pond stratagey is to make the boss less difficult. those adds if not dealt with quickly can kill a group even with a really good healer.

Found your problem. The adds are normal mobs with less than 10k HP each, if they are not dealt with in short order after spawning your DPS are incompetent.

As for the shuttle thing, it's an annoying tactic too, and more often than not, you end up with a bunch of remarkably tough little ****** hassling the group after the wookie is dead.

While annoying, the cave thing was effective. The shuttle thing on Cademimu, is not. I really don't know how it became popular being so unreliable.

The shuttle thing is completely effective as long as the tank knows to save their aoe taunt for Explosive Fuel instead of panicking and blowing it at the first sign of pigmen.

Hmm, do you mean the standard droid adds on the first robot boss in labs? Yah now that u mention it, they used to just stand around and not attack u unless u did. What a lousy thing that was too. Better the way it is now.

I guess u can define exploit by directly or indirectly avoiding an intentioned mechanic. Not fighting the adds in HM athiss on that second boss hence is an exploit. It takes like 1 smash to kill the entire pack, I really dont undrerstand what all the fuss is about with today's gear.

There is unfortunatly this tendency to avoid stuff instead of doing it the right way and actually learn something and become a better player (of course there r excpetions, but if ur having trouble doing the fight as it is, u should first down it the way it should be done so u can improve as a player).