Dantooine 2 man Heroic Bug and how to prevent it.

TrixxieTriss

I’ve run into this bug 3 times now. It doesn’t happen everytime, so I’m not 100% sure what is causing it.

The bug is the walker not appearing after you’ve cleared the 3 gold star guys in the building. You get to that point and it says go outside, but then nothing happens.

My wife and I tried a few things, including going out of the instance and back in. We even de-grouped and reset the phases and did it again and it would bug.

I’ve done the heroic solo about 6 times and with my wife about 6 times. I’ve killed the bosses in different orders and it’s been fine. Then we do it exactly the same again and it bugs and they walker won’t appear.

So the bug is random.

When we were first doing the runs, we were bypassing that first lot of mobs and going around the back of the building.

One time when it was bugged we left the instance and went back in and killed those first lot of mobs and the boss spawned.

Since then, we always kill those first mobs and it hasn’t bugged out. So it seems the bug randomly happens if you don’t kill those mobs at the start.

I hope that helps anyone who has also experienced this bug. And I hope Bioware see this thread and look into fixing it.

I have done it twice per day for the last three days (not yet today), and it didn't bug. We've bypassed that first group of adds each time by hugging the mountain on the left hand side as you enter the phase, so I don't think that's the key.

What I have noticed is that after the third boss dies in Farm Building C, the mission requires you to walk outside, and then the mission is supposed to update and the walker drops from the sky. I wonder if its bugging out if there is a slowpoke player who is outside the third building when the third boss dies. I've been in groups where the other dps are so good that I'm barely in the building before the third boss is seconds from dying.

This week I've made sure everyone in the group is inside the building before the boss dies and we haven't seen the bug.

I have done it twice per day for the last three days (not yet today), and it didn't bug. We've bypassed that first group of adds each time by hugging the mountain on the left hand side as you enter the phase, so I don't think that's the key.

What I have noticed is that after the third boss dies in Farm Building C, the mission requires you to walk outside, and then the mission is supposed to update and the walker drops from the sky. I wonder if its bugging out if there is a slowpoke player who is outside the third building when the third boss dies. I've been in groups where the other dps are so good that I'm barely in the building before the third boss is seconds from dying.

This week I've made sure everyone in the group is inside the building before the boss dies and we haven't seen the bug.

Yeah, it’s definitely random. Just my luck it’s happened 3 times.

I’ve done it solo and it’s bugged, so I know it’s not the “slow pock” reason. At first, I also thought maybe that could be a cause and made sure my wife and I exited at the same time.

I’ve also done the buildings in different orders and it has no discernible affect of it bugging. The only way (so far) that it seems not to bug, is to make sure you kill those first lot of mobs.

If you do go around, like we were also doing and if it bugs, leave the instance and go back in and kill the first lot of mobs before the building. That should make the walker boss drop.

If anyone else gets this bug and that doesn’t fix it, please let us know.

If you do go around, like we were also doing and if it bugs, leave the instance and go back in and kill the first lot of mobs before the building. That should make the walker boss drop.

When I have been in groups and experienced the bug, and we exit the phase and reset the mission, most of the time at least one group member will be back at the first mission step to kill the mini bosses where one or more group members will actually have the mission advance all the way to the walker spawning.

When I have been in groups and experienced the bug, and we exit the phase and reset the mission, most of the time at least one group member will be back at the first mission step to kill the mini bosses where one or more group members will actually have the mission advance all the way to the walker spawning.

Well I’ve only done it with my wife or solo and I know that didn’t work for us.

There is obviously a bug, if my work around doesn’t actually work. Then the only hope is Bioware will fix it before the next event.

Well I’ve only done it with my wife or solo and I know that didn’t work for us.

There is obviously a bug, if my work around doesn’t actually work. Then the only hope is Bioware will fix it before the next event.

I'm actually not, like, criticizing you or anything, I am adding some detail regarding my experience of the bug, along with a side of freshly seasoned speculation, hoping it will help the dev team fix the bug.

I'm actually not, like, criticizing you or anything, I am adding some detail regarding my experience of the bug, along with a side of freshly seasoned speculation, hoping it will help the dev team fix the bug.

Yeah, I know :D I didn’t think you were

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It's not skipping the mobs - I've done it solo as a stealther a few times and have the timing down so that I can avoid killing any mobs.

I've only had it bug out while grouped, and assumed that it was a problem with the group members not all updating correctly, but apparently not if you've had it bug out while running solo.

I

I'm pretty sure the bug is related to everyone not being inside the building on the last captain you have to kill.

It is a dumbfounding condition to have in there. I don't know why they just didn't go for 3 names targets dead = spawn the walker event. Why was the exit the building necessary is beyond me? For the audio file to queue or something? *shrugs*

Either way, this bug can be easily solved by just removing that conditional of exiting the building and instead binding it to trigger after the last captain is killed.

It's not skipping the mobs - I've done it solo as a stealther a few times and have the timing down so that I can avoid killing any mobs.

I've only had it bug out while grouped, and assumed that it was a problem with the group members not all updating correctly, but apparently not if you've had it bug out while running solo.

I

Yeah, I’ve had it bug out once solo and twice in a group with my wife. So I know it’s not the group thing.

The reason I believe it’s the first group of mobs is because the last two times it’s bugged, the walker has dropped as soon as we killed those mobs,

Since then, we have killed them everytime and not had the bug. It’s possible it’s just a coincidence seeing as I’ve no idea how to affectively recreate the bug everytime.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm pretty sure the bug is related to everyone not being inside the building on the last captain you have to kill.

It is a dumbfounding condition to have in there. I don't know why they just didn't go for 3 names targets dead = spawn the walker event. Why was the exit the building necessary is beyond me? For the audio file to queue or something? *shrugs*

Either way, this bug can be easily solved by just removing that conditional of exiting the building and instead binding it to trigger after the last captain is killed.

But how to you reconcile it happening when I’ve had it happen while doing it solo?

It's not - I've run several 4-man groups where we've split up and killed the last two captains separately for speed and the walker has appeared every time. In fact, I've not experienced the bug in a 4-man group BUT I have once had an issue with only one person getting a mission completion after the walker was killed. The rest of us had to reset and redo the mission. The times I have experienced the walker-not-appearing bug was when I ran the heroic with my friend and our two companions (and we killed the first three groups on those occasions). We had to run out and reset the mission to get it to work correctly. With the 4-man groups we always skip the first group of mobs & have not had the walker fail to appear. I've not experienced the bug when soloing this heroic.

Conclusion? Seems this bug is random (if anything can be random in a programmed game).