ones who quit early perform worse than those who don't

Sadishist

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say in a Huttball match, team was getting rolled 0-4, then many players in the team left and new ones joined, and ended up winning 6-4. I'd say that the people who quit early tend to perform worse than those who stay.

thats only luck ... statistically 80% players doesnt know how to play pvp

Say in a Huttball match, team was getting rolled 0-4, then many players in the team left and new ones joined, and ended up winning 6-4. I'd say that the people who quit early tend to perform worse than those who stay.

No way to say for sure. The first people who quit may have been the ones preventing it from being 0-6 and the game being over and got sick of it, then some others that were actually doing nothing quit as well and all of them got replaced with people that knew what they were doing.

But if it makes you feel better to assume that those behave in a way that you disagree with are somehow worse than you, more power to ya.

Where's the logic of that? The only thing you can say is that the ones who left performed worse than the ones who replaced them. The ones who didn't leave were there when the team was getting rolled 0-4; and they were also there when the team won 6-4. Their performance can be interpreted in either way, there's not much one can say about it. It's a black box.

Edited by Cretinus

Yes, sometimes that happens, however it's extremely rare. The only time I quit WZ's is when my team is composed of complete idiots. Example. I had to leave a WZ the other day because I called out the snow needs help cause there were 2 incoming pubs with only me heading in that direction. I held them off long enough for help to arrive, and guess what, not one player came to assist. After that I knew I was wasting my time. Edited by Odyseus

Yes, sometimes that happens, however it's extremely rare. The only time I quit WZ's is when my team is composed of complete idiots. Example. I had to leave a WZ the other day because I called out the snow needs help cause there were 2 incoming pubs with only me heading in that direction. I held them off long enough for help to arrive, and guess what, not one player came to assist. After that I knew I was wasting my time.

It's even better when you then get chat-slapped with "why no call!?". I type "scroll up", and then wait for the apology that never comes. :mad:

And remember that statistically speaking 50% of the people make up approximately 1/2 the population.

It's even better when you then get chat-slapped with "why no call!?". I type "scroll up", and then wait for the apology that never comes. :mad:

Hah. It never will. The only option then is to speak in pug and reply something like ..."chew brick you piece of sh--- ... I called it like twelve hundred times"

It's something like that. I haven't mastered their language yet--it's so hostile!

I was in a Novare Coast match once where we quickly overpowered the other team at South and the warning popped up saying the match would be aborted due to players leaving, then it got backfilled. Those pub replacements were able to push us back and won the match.

As for call outs, granted it was a lowbie match but we had someone guarding snow who called out seconds before dying, when we proceeded to ask what happened, he said he didn't call til he thought he was going to die. Then he proceeded to explain how he was only there for XP and didn't like pvp and couldn't understand how multiple people can attack the same person.

Honestly nothing more annoying than being well on the way to a win then having the bad imps quit to be backfilled by good imps. Novarre, Voidstar and Huttball are the biggest culprits for comebacks since a good team can score 6 times in a few minutes, and novarre isn't over till it's over. Nothing like losing (or winning I suppose) a novarre 2%-0%.

Civil war, if they don't quit early then by the time you get enough competent backfills you've probably run out of time and are now doubled up, though in lowbie I've seen quite a few games exhibit miracle comebacks because lowbie players are just awful.

I'd like to think warzone quitters are free to play players who don't want to risk loosing a warzone as they can only play a couple per week, so they leave and try again if they see that the odds are even slightly against them. However before the free to play options players would leave matches too, so that thesis doesn't seem to hold.

A broken clock is still correct twice a day.

Would the same theory be applied towards pulling out? Because i put in 100% effort 100% of the time

the only quitters that are a problem are the quitters who refuse to leave the warzone. Nothing worst then 2 minutes into a warzone and you see3, 4 or 5 people hanging out at your only turret.

Have no Issue at all with people who bounce for whatever reason. Trust me there are plenty of reasons to quit a match, but zero reasons to farm defender medals

Jenna'syyde

I've seen this happen several times. However, I wouldn't go so far to say that the players who do leave early are the sole reason for a match to be going terribly. I'm sure it does help the chances that the players purposely leaving warzones (Ignoring the players who CTD, Freeze, or Lag out) maybe replaced with higher quality players who are not so easily discouraged.

Something that's unique to Huttball also, is that group composition makes a huge difference in the results.

If I load into a warzone and I don't see at least two viable ball carriers, I'll quit before it even starts.

Other warzones you can win with 4-5 of one class, but 7 sorc/agents on a team is most likely getting rolled in Huttball.

Something that's unique to Huttball also, is that group composition makes a huge difference in the results.

If I load into a warzone and I don't see at least two viable ball carriers, I'll quit before it even starts.

Other warzones you can win with 4-5 of one class, but 7 sorc/agents on a team is most likely getting rolled in Huttball.

Queued into a huttball wz last night with my lvl 43 sniper and saw we had 5 snipers, two PTs, and a merc. We won the game, but the score was 0-0, not surprisingly. Neither team came close to scoring.