Features I'd like to see added to strongholds in the future.

In no particular order of importance:

1: Ability to paint walls, ceilings and floor.

2: Armour display mannequins.

3: Wall mounted weapon displays that show off your actual weapons.

4: The ability to resize items to a limited degree (sometimes they are a little too big/small for that particular room)

5: Gestures for NPC's and Companions. So they don't just stand there like statues.

6: Solid companions even for other players and the companion you have with you (so no holograms).

7: Slightly lower the hitbox area for sittable objects (chairs, couches etc) so that you can sit further in on them.

8: More paintings... many many more paintings as decorations so that we don't have to spam our trophy pictures or imp/rep flags on all the walls to make it look less empty.

Got anything to add?

(and no, asking to remove the hooks system or something else that requres a complete rewrite of the system is not welcome here)

1. Republic and Imperial starfighters. The current ones are okay as a stop-gap, but they seem to be about 1:2 scale. While I understand if the customizable GSF fighters are too technically complex to add, I would like the basic models available at a 1:1 scale, preferably squeezed into a Large-size hook if possible. Landing gear (at least for the Republic ones, Imperial ones probably make less sense) would also be nice, so we can have sweet hangars full of starfighters ready to be scrambled.

2. Jedi Knight guards / NPCs, like the existing soldier guards. The Jedi right outside the starting area on Tython where the flesh raiders are attacking are a good example. Some matching Sith ones would only be fair, of course.

3. A meditation or training mat available in the Rug hooks. Carpets are nice, but sometimes you need a good dojo mat to spar on.

I'd love to see maybe a hologram projector. kind of like the ones you see on the gav daragon in the mission deck across from the asation operation hangar.

Perhaps trooper guards?

I'd also like to see the people with silver keys have the ability to go into edit mode while the owner is in the home with them.

Edited by HunterGriff

I'd love to see maybe a hologram projector. kind of like the ones you see on the gav daragon in the mission deck across from the asation operation hangar.

Perhaps trooper guards?

I'd also like to see the people with silver keys have the ability to go into edit mode while the owner is in the home with them.

There is a hologram projector already (although it isn't very big)

There are trooper guards too.

And if you are in the home with someone that has a silver key, couldn't you just upgrade to gold key while you are there and then put them back to silver?

Sith or Jedi NPC Guards.

Could have them same as the Imp/Rep Guards for 200 WZ Coms a Pop?...Even 400 Considering? ^_^

Also as per my other Post: Kaas/Coruscant making use of their Landing pads for Ships, not Statues :p

Edited by elendiil

Perhaps this is not warranted in this thread...but Ill give it a whirl and you can let me know if you would prefer I remove it...

1) Single movable hook that is locked down before use that we can place where we wish, including moving it up or down.

Now, that said...

2) Daily terminal

3) Ability to minimize or remove pop up nameplate for Stronghold

4) Functional versions of the Kingpin’s Bounty and Smuggler’s Luck slot machines

5) Legacy Credit Bank

6) Add three more slots to Legacy Storage

7) Priority transport terminal

I would also suggest they modify the /chair emote, change it to a /sit command and create /sit1, /sit2, /sit3 and so on for the different types of sitting. This way folks can choose the stance they want instead of it being random.

Edited by LordArtemis

1) Legacy Storage needs to allow credit deposits/withdrawals so we can just pile all our money into one single entity. God that would be the most convenient thing since quick travel.

2) More basic items that don't require an annoying amount of effort to get. Leave the FP/op/achievement stuff to the really good decorations but at least add enough easily obtainable items to be able to make something. My stronghold is barely decorated and I have to grind fps relentlessly for newer items.

3) Make most of the items interactable, or at the very least all couches/chairs/beds. Lining my *** up against a chair and hoping my emote looks like its part of the actual chair is kind of lame and ugly.

I don't really have many more complaints other than the price of flagships but I get why it must be that way. Still.. this certainly isn't a feature that caters to small guilds like my own. We're moving up in cash sluggishly but I suppose one day we will have what we need.

Edited by Duravian

id really like them to just unlock the whole of nar shaddaa sky palace for subscribers because it is quite hard to earn several million credits as a petty level 19 like me :D

also i would like to be able by stuff easily whilst in the stronghold (i dont know if this already exists because im not very good at finding stuff)

and also can someone tell me if you can enter the same stronghold with another of my characters on the server or characters in my legacy

1. There is an X and Y co-ordinates but what about Z, i wanted to put a pet on a desk but can't do it.

2. More range on X and Y Co-ordinates as sometimes you can't put it just right because you don't have enough slider.

3. Wandering Companions and NPCs, NOT STATIC!!

4. If above comes true, allow them to register whats around them, eg i have a bar a crew quarters, so Quinn could go for a drink or sleep in a bed.

5. Captain of the Guard like NPC, Sith NPCs added to Starfighter/PvP Vendor on fleet.

6. Quests begin from you Stronghold!. Eg you have made an office, and NPC come visit you in your stronghold.

Edited by steven_ward

• Neutral Guards (Mercs, Thugs, Dealers, Droids)
  • More Different Guards (Captains, skinny, female, male, fat, Commander, Moff Broysc...)
  • Make the chairs/stools/... clickable. (I have yet to successfully sit on my cantina lovechair! :( )
  • Caged Animals
  • Slaves
  • And a greatly increased NPC limit.
Edited by chillshock

I'm mostly reiterating much of what has already been said here, but here are the changes I'd like to see to what we already have in the Strongholds:

1. Legacy Bank (for sharing credits with the rest of the legacy) - Basically just an update to the Legacy Storage we just got to allow us to deposit/withdraw credits as well as items. Much like the Guild Bank credits can be spent (if the option is enabled) for repair costs, the Legacy bank credits could be spent even more liberally.
  2. Ability to Send Keys (Bronze/Silver) to Offline Friends - This one is a "big" one to me for some reason. Not sure why I can't send a key to a friend of mine that doesn't play very often so that he can come check out my (private) digs next time he's online, even if I'm not there.
  3. Usable furniture - Especially in Guild Strongholds (but not limited to those) it would be really neat to have a room filled with chairs to use for Guild meetings where everyone could sit down.
  4. Playable Slot Machines - I haven't gotten any of the ones that are available right now yet, but if the previous poster is right and they aren't functional, that's kinda a bummer. I'd only want to get them if I could actually play them. Even better, it would be sweet if the "house" got a cut of the profit from any of these machines. :jawa_evil:
  5. Animated (non-holographic) Companions/Pets - I know it's a bit of a resource issue, but the whole "wax statue" thing is a little annoying to me, as is the "holo-comp" thing. I think I've seen one comp that actually had any animation (Theran Cedrax, maybe?), and it was just dull. They don't necessarily have to walk around the Stronghold (although that would be awesome), but just standing there with their arms crossed is pretty lame. Same kind of thing with the pets. These should definitely have much more mobility.
  6. Reduce CD on Resource Gathering - I understand having a CD for gathering, but 4 hours? That just seems excessive. I think 30 minutes is more reasonable, IMHO.
  7. Make Other Players Visible on the Map - When in a Stronghold, it would be great to see where any other players in that Stronghold are located. Similar to the grouping system, showing where they are located would be helpful in getting everyone together in one room.

Additionally, my thought is that these Strongholds should basically be like a "Private Fleet". There are already things like Guild Bank terminals, GTN kiosks, mailboxes and such, so why not expand it even further? Based on that premise, these are the "things" I'd like to see in the Strongholds:

1. Mission Terminals - Daily and PvP, at least. Maybe even some of the faction terminals (GSI, etc.), although, these would require a decent level of reputation with the associated faction. I'm not sure exactly how that might play out with regards to a Guild Stronghold, but perhaps a guild member with the necessary reputation would need to donate the terminal, or it would require the Guild Leader achieve the required level of status with the faction in question.
  2. Priority Transport Terminals - 'Nuff said.
  3. News Terminals - Sitting at home, watching the news...
  4. Vendors/Trainers - With the basic idea that, especially for Guilds, these strongholds can be your own "Private Fleet", put skill/class trainers and other vendors (besides the ones for decorations and such) in a room so that visitors can come in and do everything they need. Also, like with the slot machines above, it would be really cool if the Stronghold's owner got a percentage of any credits spent in their Stronghold on items/training.

I don't think you need FP or Ops mission givers (that just doesn't "fit" from a storyline perspective), or any other sort of individual NPC's that would give out specific missions/items. The idea here is not to TOTALLY replace the Fleet Station. It's just to give players/guilds a private base of operations where they can take care of general business.

Edited by G_Hosa_Phat

In no particular order of importance:

1: Ability to paint walls, ceilings and floor.

2: Armour display mannequins.

3: Wall mounted weapon displays that show off your actual weapons.

4: The ability to resize items to a limited degree (sometimes they are a little too big/small for that particular room)

5: Gestures for NPC's and Companions. So they don't just stand there like statues.

6: Solid companions even for other players and the companion you have with you (so no holograms).

7: Slightly lower the hitbox area for sittable objects (chairs, couches etc) so that you can sit further in on them.

8: More paintings... many many more paintings as decorations so that we don't have to spam our trophy pictures or imp/rep flags on all the walls to make it look less empty.

Got anything to add?

(and no, asking to remove the hooks system or something else that requres a complete rewrite of the system is not welcome here)

i love the idea of resizing items, that way i can make it a bit bigger so i can shove part of an item into the wall like a computer terminal or something so it looks like it's actually part of the stronghold.

love the gestures for NPC decorations, maybe i can make some guards talk with eachother or have the imperial POWs in my brig lay on their beds.

painting sounds cool, but i think the only real way to do that is just have "themes" and select a certain color scheme for each one. for instance the nar palace could be turned into a steel color or faction-specific color themes instead of the current brown.

as for 7, i just wish i could press 'X' near an item and sit down in it, i don't know why the devs made it so we have to open up the emote section, find the sit emote, and press it.

i don't really care for the whole companion thing, but i do like putting the droid in there and using universal prefab droids as guards. but i would still like to see 2V-R8 or C2-N2 actually there when i switch.

as for 2 and 3, i couldn't care less. the community keeps asking for those things all the time but they don't really seem that interesting, i also don't care for the placeable mounts. i think the other things are a better use of bioware's time and money. however i would like to be able to place more than one of the same kind of pet. i love using the low atmosphere miniprobe in my nar shaddaa palace but i can only have one at a time.

Edited by CyberneticDucks

• Neutral Guards (Mercs, Thugs, Dealers, Droids)
  • More Different Guards (Captains, skinny, female, male, fat, Commander, Moff Broysc...)
  • Make the chairs/stools/... clickable. (I have yet to successfully sit on my cantina lovechair! :( )
  • Caged Animals
  • Slaves
  • And a greatly increased NPC limit.

i likey!

1. There is an X and Y co-ordinates but what about Z, i wanted to put a pet on a desk but can't do it.

2. More range on X and Y Co-ordinates as sometimes you can't put it just right because you don't have enough slider.

3. Wandering Companions and NPCs, NOT STATIC!!

4. If above comes true, allow them to register whats around them, eg i have a bar a crew quarters, so Quinn could go for a drink or sleep in a bed.

5. Captain of the Guard like NPC, Sith NPCs added to Starfighter/PvP Vendor on fleet.

6. Quests begin from you Stronghold!. Eg you have made an office, and NPC come visit you in your stronghold.

i really like 3 and 4, maybe i could have a guard walk back and forth at the door or have a guard patrol the area like some enemies do in the game. having NPCs actually know what's around them sound extremely hard, but maybe being able to program a simple course for them to take and how long they are at each area sounds workable.

for instance you could have an NPC stand at the holoterminal, press a few buttons for 5 seconds, walk a preprogramed invisible path to the computer room, and sit down at a chair and press buttons for 60 seconds.

or you could have guards go take shifts and lay down in their beds for up to 2 hours, get up and walk a path to their post, and guard it.

I have a few Quality of Life changes I would like to see:

1. Sorting functionality for my legacy bank.

2. Sorting BY NAME in both Cargo Hold and Legacy Bank. (That this has not been added so far, is mind-boggling)

3. More exit points

4. A Hook subcategory for the GTN so I can search by size.

I have a few Quality of Life changes I would like to see:

1. Sorting functionality for my legacy bank.

2. Sorting BY NAME in both Cargo Hold and Legacy Bank. (That this has not been added so far, is mind-boggling)

3. More exit points

4. A Hook subcategory for the GTN so I can search by size.

i would like to see the X and Y range of the hooks increased to 15 instead of the usual 10, that way i can shove items into the wall so it looks like it is part of the stronghold or be better able to position NPCs next to computers or other things.

while a better range for decorations is my number 1 priority, my other two wishes is gestures for NPCs and being able to make NPCs walk a preset path.

i would like to see the GTN updated so that i can exclude certain words to make searching easier. with the GTN, about 95% of all decorations are the usual items you get with the starter mission since the last time i checked. being able to exclude words like "simple", 'basic", and "metal" would clear out all of the junk.

also, i would like to give the GTN a "CM" toggle switch on which you only see items from the cartel market would be nice.

i also don't like having to narrow things down while searching on the GTN. i would like to be able to search without selecting 2 or 3 categories in case i just want to look at anything. for instance i would just like to search for all decorations instead of narrowing it down any further.

#1 The limit on pets/ animal mounts/ npc's need fixxed badly.

After that, I would really like to see ...

2) a priority mission terminal

3) a pve space mission terminal

4) moar LB tabs ~ I'll take as many as they will allow me to have.

5) huge hooks added to the layout options for many of the places where large hooks are provided.

As far as decorations go, I would really like to see...

2) tetrahedral dark datacrons that have a sound associated with them.

3) more technology decorations that fit the huge hook.

4) pipe elbows of different sizes that have various lengths of straight pipe attached to them.

I would like to be able to toggle my cursor over the pictures and items in my friends' strongholds and see what they are. I am not as experienced as others in ops and so I don't know the bosses. I would be more impressed and it would add to their "prestige" if I knew what I was looking at other than a colorful picture of a Sith. Also, it would be nice to know what the cartel items and other items that they have in their stronghold are, I might feel more inclined to spend my own money on them if I saw - hey, that looks pretty cool - and toggled over it to see that it is xx item on the cartel market.