Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

In France the advertisment was "Précommandez maintenant et jouez 5jours avant la sortie" -> preorder now and play 5 days before. Not mentionning at all the "up to".

Feel kind of cheated...

You may have a leg to stand on my friend, if you have a screenshot showing proof of this, or better yet can contact the company who was offering this deal and get proof I would show it to EA/BW right away. If it doesn't state "Up to" but clearly states, pre-order now and you WILL get 5 days early access, I would contact the BW office and send them the proof you obtained and see what they'll do about it. However, if this was a 3rd party company they could hold that company eligible for the fault and still roll you out as previously planned for early access.

Best of luck.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so people who preordered after november 1st with a digital copy and were charged a 5$ preorder fee:

Product SKU: 71074
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $54.99

Product SKU: 71065
Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00

(this is directly from my Origin receipt)

...may only get one day of access when the entire premise of preordering was to get into the game 5 days earlier.

just being a devil's advocate here, but if I don't get in on the 15th, I want my 5$ back.

edit: and for the record, I didn't preorder ages ago because I kept my head in the sand about TOR so that i could focus on university. people have reasons for not preordering other than being loser-non-fans who cant get their poop in a groove.

Edited by nakoda

You may have a leg to stand on my friend, if you have a screenshot showing proof of this, or better yet can contact the company who was offering this deal and get proof I would show it to EA/BW right away. If it doesn't state "Up to" but clearly states, pre-order now and you WILL get 5 days early access, I would contact the BW office and send them the proof you obtained and see what they'll do about it. However, if this was a 3rd party company they could hold that company eligible for the fault and still roll you out as previously planned for early access.

Best of luck.

In fact, it was on SWTOR french site. It had been poorly translated in the small add (corrected since). When you clicked on it to read details, the "up to" was back but if you rushed to your local store or simply read a little too fast you got got .

It's a little more serious than a third party company making false statement, it's Bioware's own communication that is at fault.

I don't think it deserves such a fuss, but some people are visibly upset.

By the way it's not the first translation mistake or misleading translation. We also had multiple problems with the times given to the point that I double-check on US version every time.

Edited by Fanley

In France the advertisment was "Précommandez maintenant et jouez 5jours avant la sortie" -> preorder now and play 5 days before. Not mentionning at all the "up to".

Feel kind of cheated...

in Spain was exactly the same. so you bet we got scammed big time. oh and the ads were all in english, so no translation mistakes whatsoever.

Edited by Ariadna

So confirmed that even though extra days were given out, there will still be people who will not be able to play during the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th.

If that's the case, why can't waves of invites continue to be sent out each hour? Why must you end it before the day is done? I don't see what could possibly be gained from doing a couple waves a day.

Well duh...if they let everyone in on the 16th or something...anyone who preorders on the 17th will get in on the 17th...and so forth

Everyone will be getting at least one day of Early Game Access - unless you pre-order on the 19th, in which case it could be less depending on the speed of your game download, etc. If you do pre-order less than a day before we end Early Game Access, you'll get access granted very soon after you redeem your pre-order code.

Admittedly as much as a defender against whining about getting access as I have been, this does kind of make me a little steamed. I wish BW would have been a little more specific on this page ---> http://buy.swtor.com/us/ about how much time early access actually entailed.

I am a pragmatic adult, so I didn't make a final decision until after I ran the Beta Weekend and knew this was worth my hard-earned dollars. Considering that if i get in the morning of the 19th (which is likely since my purchase was after Thanksgiving), it's realistically not even a full 24 hour early access since the servers will be closed late that evening and I will have to wait to get on once again starting at midnight - or whenever I finally get the box in my hot little hand the next day since I don't think my neighborhood Gamestop is having a midnight opening for TOR.

In my case I should have just waited - because I work nights, and would have about 3 hours of play-time for all the 'luxury' a pre-order afforded me. I figured I had 5 days when I made the purchase and according to the fine print, I will be locked out of the game until I get back to Gamestop on the 20th and pick up the actual box. :confused:

Is it a deal-breaker? No

Is it worth the petty $5 to play the day before? No

Do I care enough about the $5 to rant? No

Is it a annoying to believe one thing and another happens? Yes

Seems many are in the same boat.

The $5 should be taken off the balance you owe. If you purchased the SE it's $59.00 - $5.00 preorder deposit. You will be billed for $54.00 + tax(maybe).

I just figured this needed to be clarified at least one more time.