Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Two Sides of The "Up To" Coin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Two Sides of The "Up To" Coin.

KhameirSarinn
12.15.2011 , 09:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by uberpinoy View Post
Not to mention there was a $5 Pre-order Origin fee. Happens to align nicely with "up to" 5-day Early Access. If the December pre-orders get 4 days of Early Access does that mean they get a dollar back?

Point is, no one knew about staggered Early Access prior to Pre-Ordering, otherwise I'm sure a lot more people would've pre-ordered EARLY. It's common sense.

The "staggering access" is a great idea to prevent server overload. Completely understandable.

Not letting customers know about first-come-first-serve access and Early Access according to Pre-Order date up front is a bit problematic as you are now aware because it will inevitably segments groups of people that were going to play together from the onset because they can't get on the same server as their buddies that were allowed access before them.

As far as all the people trolling, that's just the internet for you.

Actually it was well known that there was going to be a stagger if you read emails around July 21st. It's why I entered my pre-order code immeadiately because of the sentence saying access will be granted in the order the pre-order codes are redeemed... Just sayin
Patch 1.1, I shall call you the NGE of this 2011-2012 Star Wars MMO. RIP

DervimNorth
12.15.2011 , 09:55 AM | #22
Once again, people are missing the double meaning of "up to". Following your own logic, BW might as well just advertise,"Get in up to one year earlier," one day before the launch. Well, it doesn't work that way, when you're asking money and you're providing "up to" service you're expected to be able to reach the limit. The whole "up to" exists there in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances. BW's waves are quite foreseen and "well planned". So as it stands, there simply is no chance at all for any December preorder to get five days, unless BW actually includes any December pre-order into their waves at all.

In essence, BW's "up to" is like a lottery with no main prize, despite having it advertised.

Sneakymcstab
12.15.2011 , 09:56 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zones View Post
Yes, it does, it means it is possible to get it but not guarenteed. The thing is it was impossible to obtain even before the first week of preorders was finished... So...
Was it, now? They're doing their best to get late November, early December in today. That's exactly 5 days. If it all works out, everyone will have at least 4 days. Sounds like they're delivering on their promise. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your collective complaints.

Now I wonder how many of the people throwing a hissy fit over the last couple of days were complete hypocrits once their play button lit up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shinian View Post
I agree. It's absolutely no fair that I preordered in december, with the promice of 'up to' 5 days and now it looks like I'll be playing tonight, 5 days before launch. I've been scammed!

Damn Bioware for fulfilling their promise to my satisfaction!
I like your style.

JustTed
12.15.2011 , 09:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DervimNorth View Post
Once again, people are missing the double meaning of "up to"
We're not missing it; it doesn't have one. You only think it does because you're upset you can't play, but you're simply wrong.

"Up to" is a simple phrase anyone can understand.

Coyltonian
12.15.2011 , 09:59 AM | #25
Where did the whole server stress thing come from? My understanding is that the last 2 beta weekends were for stress testing servers and everything was fine. The reason for the staggered waves is so a couple of thousand people aren't all lumped in the same start area at once, making it 10 PC for every mob. It also reduces lag for everyone as those in earlier waves move on to other zones.

I'm expecting to get in late today (the 15th) which given I only ordered at the end of November after playing some Beta (had been on wait list for year and didn't want to order before i'd played incase it was baws), and tbh even though last couple of days waiting have been hard knowing people were in already i'll be in sooner that i was thought i'd be this time last week so how the frick can i complain?

Anyone moaning should either really put down their keyboard and examine why they are so upset about a computer game. Perhaps their pathetic sense of entitlement and prvilage is the reason they have no friends/ spouse etc that can otherwise occupy their time for 2-3 days until they get into the game. or maybe it is just nobody loves a troll (unless they are the funny haired 80's pencil topper variety of troll, which you aint).

DervimNorth
12.15.2011 , 10:02 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneakymcstab View Post
Was it, now? They're doing their best to get late November, early December in today. That's exactly 5 days. If it all works out, everyone will have at least 4 days. Sounds like they're delivering on their promise. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your collective complaints.
Ironically, THAT is exactly my point. If Bioware lets in any December preorder today, than kudos to them, they are delivering.

But as it stands now, we're dealing with nothing more than a big IF.

zootzoot
12.15.2011 , 10:05 AM | #27
LOL @ everyone who thinks all the people who got in on day one are already 50.

Many of us work or have school and the last minute change to Tues put a monkey wrench in the starting plans for many of us. Plus those of us who like to play with friends are actually waiting a bit so people can get on.

Two of us in our Guild got in on Day 1. 3 got in Day 2. All the rest (like 20) are going to be in today or will not be in until the 20th. So we're all just leveling to around 15 and then playing alts or doing Professions.

Who cares if there are a handful of lifeless types who power leveled or exploited to 35 plus in two days? It won't impact our fun at all and it won't impact anyone still waiting. It seems people are being irrational about this and they're more PO'd that other people are playing than anything else.

Leiloni
12.15.2011 , 10:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyn View Post
There is only 1 way to interpret "up to". I'm sorry you fail at English.

Deal with the wait. I am.
Agreed. I'm surprised at how many posters are reading it wrong. It's so simple.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

Leiloni
12.15.2011 , 10:08 AM | #29
Stupid forums are so slow atm. Delete this, sorry for double post.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

Raetheon
12.15.2011 , 10:09 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyr-El View Post
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how much fun I'm having playing 6 days early.
My hero!

In all seriousness (puts on giant sirius cat face). I pre-ordered back in June. I got in earlier then most. I read about people who just recently pre-ordered and are complaining that they aren't in yet. Whats the problem? I showed my support and interest in this game 6 months ago. You just did. Why wouldn't I get in sooner then you? And when my guild mates finally get in, I will have to either a) wait for them to catch up b) help them catch up c)revel in the fact that I am so much higher and alone.

The real benefit to the staggering of the invites is really to lower the congestion in the starting areas. Would you want to log in, wait 35-40 minutes to finally kill that mob you need?

As for "we all paid the same". Yes we did. We are all paying the same (unless CE and then o.O whoa). Most people probably put $5 on it. That $5 comes off the total of the game. It does not entitle you to anything. Up to 5 days early. You could get in on the 19th, and they have still held to their word, so again, whats the big deal?