So again, this is not misleading by any means?

andrelle

"Up to five days" is plain English with absolutely no ambiguity. If you can't understand this simple phrase then the fault is yours.

^ agreed. It is not the job of whomever sells a product to comply with every disgruntled brat of a customer they have. There are far too many of them out there now. YOU knew that when you paid for the game in advance that there is a chance you could get 0 days of early gameplay. "Up to 5 days" means 5, to 0. You are just bitter because others are in and you are not. I however, am not in but was able to click play this morning to go through the cinematics and have the game crash just after them and as of this moment i have a inactive play button. I dont turn to the forums to bicker, and rant because I feel I deserve in because of it, or because I am too incompetent to understand what "Up to 5 days means". You people need to get off your high horses and learn some manners/patience.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QQ move along

- a "BlindFanboiNation" original.

Sometime down the road you may find the need to argue your case. It may become relevant to try and prove a point. If being walked all over feels better, because its easier, then sit back and be content. By all means.

Here's an example. When a certain group of Bostonians decided the Tea Act passed by Parliament crossed the line, they took action. What if they would have only complained, and everyone else around them said "QQ more, just pay it." Would that have turned out better for you?

Sometimes its worth making an argument, no matter who is against it.

The incessant whining over pre-launch access is just incredible.

If the game was that bloody important to you, you would have been following the weekly updates and found out back in JULY 2011 how early access and pre-order registration was going to work.

Check it out…. You got no one to blame but yourself for not getting in the second the servers came on line.

Early access order keying off of Pre-order registration has been talked about on these forums, blogged about, and the topic of many fan interviews as well as officially posted on this site for months.

On another note: If you’re a fan of MMO’s use this as a learning experience. As the MMO market continues to expand and triple “A” titles start to see opening day launch numbers in the millions with over 100 servers coming on-line the same day understand that there are practical and physical limitations that are being hit.

25000 players standing on each other’s heads in the starting zone all trying to click on a quest giver is not the experience anyone wants to have.

Triple “A” MMO titles in the future are going to have to employ similar methods of stepped launches. In the future we will likely think of them more as launch windows or launch weeks instead of launch DAY.

Im form Ukraine and as u can expect my knowledge English is pretty limited. Well right now i can tell you the PREORDER add was really misleading for me, at least they could post schedule of access waves for preorders in details of add. And i got day-off for friday, who going to compensate that?

From now on I will never preorder any games from BW lesson learned.

THIS REALLY BAD START FOR MMO EXPERIENCE.

So on the front page we see this:

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Read More...

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

In this article, it does say the following "Early Game Access will still be staggered, allowing blocks of players in at a time to ensure a quality experience for everyone."

But it is not specific. It does not say, if you ordered prior to this month, you have an opportunity to play the full 5 days of early access. It does not say if you ordered now, you may only get 1 to 2 days of early access.

What it does say is this:

"There’s still time for you to get in on Early Game Access before it ends so pre-order your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic right now!"

How much early access time will these people get?

So explain to me how this doesn't mislead you into purchasing the game right now, only to find you won't be playing until Friday or later.

Why isn't early access closed now? Purchasing now gets you no benefit. Its just a marketing ploy. It was a ploy a few months ago, and its a ploy now. That's all it is, a ploy to get you to purchase. Really, if this isn't just to collect as many purchases in advance, then close the early access option now to prevent more disgruntled customers.

QQ moar