The Two Sides of The "Up To" Coin.

DervimNorth

Was it, now? They're doing their best to get late November, early December in today. That's exactly 5 days. If it all works out, everyone will have at least 4 days. Sounds like they're delivering on their promise. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your collective complaints.

Ironically, THAT is exactly my point. If Bioware lets in any December preorder today, than kudos to them, they are delivering.

But as it stands now, we're dealing with nothing more than a big IF.

LOL @ everyone who thinks all the people who got in on day one are already 50.

Many of us work or have school and the last minute change to Tues put a monkey wrench in the starting plans for many of us. Plus those of us who like to play with friends are actually waiting a bit so people can get on.

Two of us in our Guild got in on Day 1. 3 got in Day 2. All the rest (like 20) are going to be in today or will not be in until the 20th. So we're all just leveling to around 15 and then playing alts or doing Professions.

Who cares if there are a handful of lifeless types who power leveled or exploited to 35 plus in two days? It won't impact our fun at all and it won't impact anyone still waiting. It seems people are being irrational about this and they're more PO'd that other people are playing than anything else.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how much fun I'm having playing 6 days early.

My hero!

In all seriousness (puts on giant sirius cat face). I pre-ordered back in June. I got in earlier then most. I read about people who just recently pre-ordered and are complaining that they aren't in yet. Whats the problem? I showed my support and interest in this game 6 months ago. You just did. Why wouldn't I get in sooner then you? And when my guild mates finally get in, I will have to either a) wait for them to catch up b) help them catch up c)revel in the fact that I am so much higher and alone.

The real benefit to the staggering of the invites is really to lower the congestion in the starting areas. Would you want to log in, wait 35-40 minutes to finally kill that mob you need?

As for "we all paid the same". Yes we did. We are all paying the same (unless CE and then o.O whoa). Most people probably put $5 on it. That $5 comes off the total of the game. It does not entitle you to anything. Up to 5 days early. You could get in on the 19th, and they have still held to their word, so again, whats the big deal?

Not to mention there was a $5 Pre-order Origin fee. Happens to align nicely with "up to" 5-day Early Access. If the December pre-orders get 4 days of Early Access does that mean they get a dollar back?

Point is, no one knew about staggered Early Access prior to Pre-Ordering, otherwise I'm sure a lot more people would've pre-ordered EARLY. It's common sense.

The "staggering access" is a great idea to prevent server overload. Completely understandable.

Not letting customers know about first-come-first-serve access and Early Access according to Pre-Order date up front is a bit problematic as you are now aware because it will inevitably segments groups of people that were going to play together from the onset because they can't get on the same server as their buddies that were allowed access before them.

As far as all the people trolling, that's just the internet for you.

The people who actually read AND understood the information that was provided understood EXACTLY how EGA was going to work.

Real men admit their mistakes! They blame their oversights on others..

Agreed. I'm surprised at how many posters are reading it wrong. It's so simple.

But it isn't. There is a ton of implication behind "Up To" when it comes to any transaction.

In business law you can't sell a box of "Up to 100 oranges," put one orange in it and call it a day. One orange is *technically* in the range of "up to 100 oranges," but it is so deceptive that it would be legally overturned.

Putting like 81 or 88 or 92 oranges in the box would be fine.

Edited by AlpsStranger

But it isn't. There is a ton of implication behind "Up To" when it comes to any transaction.

In business law you can't sell a box of "Up to 100 oranges," put one orange in it and call it a day. One orange is *technically* in the range of "up to 100 oranges," but it is so deceptive that it would be legally overturned.

It is quite legal because the entire point of saying "Up to" is so that they're not promising anything to people and they don't let them down if they can't make those promises. It gives them more leeway. It's also a quite common phrase to use in ads and things.

It is quite legal because the entire point of saying "Up to" is so that they're not promising anything to people and they don't let them down if they can't make those promises. It gives them more leeway. It's also a quite common phrase to use in ads and things.

Go ahead, find out what happens when an "Up to 50 Mbps" broadband provider gives a bunch of people 4Mbps. I guarantee you wouldn't want to face that in court.

Look, I get it. You are sick of the whining and you like Bioware. But you would not happily take one orange in a box of "Up to 100" oranges. I really don't want to think you're that stupid.

Edited by AlpsStranger

The problem is this:

People are seeing up to five and saying, "I should get all 5 because I paid."

When they find out they do not get five days it suddenly turns into, "I'm only getting a couple hours. This is unfair."

Was I the only person that pre-ordered in December and saw up to five days and thought. "Oh sweet, maybe I'll get around three days."