Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why empire population is greater then republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why empire population is greater then republic

Kralizek
12.15.2011 , 09:56 AM | #111
I don't think you guys played beta.

Basically, you can still be a naughty mcnaughtymister even if you're a Jedi. BW went with the old DnD alignment thing.

So, you can be a jedi that not a single flok is given when asked to help.
DPS
We Deliver

MrFisky
12.15.2011 , 09:57 AM | #112

Bhigtimm
12.15.2011 , 09:58 AM | #113
A Jedi can't force choke a Gungan once they get put into game...

Renissara
12.15.2011 , 10:00 AM | #114
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I think we could all learn a lesson from the innocent children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mK7dzyUkM

HouseMcCune
12.15.2011 , 10:00 AM | #115
Shouldn't we wait for um I don't know, the actual launch to make this call?

Also, bad guys have all the fun.
Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. *I'm* in it for the money.

C.E. 7.21.11: First Wave, D-day -7

WilsonFett
12.15.2011 , 10:02 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Guinnessmonkey View Post
Find it odd to see so many folks assume that the "kiddies" are rolling Republic, when my server has two over-sized Republic guilds (i.e. they had to split into 4 guilds (no alts allowed), each of which is also full) designed around older folks with kids and jobs. ("Old Republic Dads", "ORD2: Outer Rim Division", "Old Timers Guild", and "OldTimersGuild")

Then again, I saw in WoW an assumption that Horde was more professional because Alliance was all "kiddies". Since when is being able to play an MMO 18 hours a day every day a sign of being older? Sounds to me a sign of being a teenager during summer break or a college student who's skipping classes a lot. In gaming, the older gamers are often the noobs, 'cause we don't have as much time to get good at the game as you younger gamers.
There will always be exceptions to every situation.

I remember reading about the psychology of playing good vs evil (implied) years ago. Unfortunately I can't find the article to cite it. Basically the theory being presented was that younger players tend to gravitate toward move good, or "heroic," factions, based on a number of reasons. Younger kids tend to root for the good guy. They're still being taught (hopefully) that you should be a good person and help others in society. They just haven't reached the point where they find out that it feels good to be bad (opinion I know).

This article was no scientific study, or any official psychological profiling, but it was interesting nonetheless.

I disagree with your thought that "professionalism" is tied to "time spent playing." I would argue that professionalism is based on how an individual or group carries themselves, how they work with others, and how open they are to receive criticism and/or suggestions. IMO, the said "evil" factions have always been more professional. But that is solely my experience.
"Yes! I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that!"

AtamusX
12.15.2011 , 10:08 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Systam View Post
Actually alot of games the "good" guys attracts alot of the kids to play. Alliance in WoW in vanilla always out numbered horde and was known for having lots of "kiddies" playing ally so horde was where the "skilled" players were because they could beat the overwhelming numbers of bads.
Eventhough that's a proven false rumor and both sides are equally childish.

Mironov
12.15.2011 , 10:13 AM | #118
My story is that all my friends, who wanted to play SWTOR had chosen a dark side, so I had to go along with them. But to tell the truth I like both sides equally, both have they good\bad stories, bad\good guys and astonishing well done maps.
Yellow pantsu FTW

AngusKirch
12.15.2011 , 10:20 AM | #119
i suppose being bad is just cooler the bad naughty kids are always the coolest i played horde mainly because i found it bad but changed to ally because horde is honostly full of kids these days but cooler is playing republic and being evil thats what a real bad guy does darth sidious as an example^^