"Random" Name Generator

Manhand

Hey so a lot of the "Random" generated names are taken. So it really does nothing to help an indecisive user to pick a name.

Why not add a rule in there that removes the currently taken names from there... come on.

I just take a name I really like and move the letters around a bit, double up on some letters like L's or D's, or add H's. It always perplexed me too why random name generators in MMORPGs don't remove a name from the randomizing database once it's used.

I usually have a name ready for a new character but like to burn through a dozen or so 'random' names to see if anything pops out that I can modify or use.

The funny thing was I tried to use my name 'Owen' when first creating a character but someone already had it (or it was blocked since there is an Uncle Owen in the original movies) but running through some random names the name 'Owen' came up! :D Great I thought: it must have been released for use so I tried and it failed... :(

So, yeah, I agree with OP, the random names should be removed from the generator when used, made me happy then sad....