Let the Jedi use his light saber

LuciferinDNA

Suggestion to let Sage/Sorc to use his willpower for melee dmg bonus as well as Shadow/Assassin.

Would it make the AD class op ?

I don't think so.. in operations, FPs, PvP... you still will use your main skills with this change (you should)

Till they don't have tanking tree, they still have to make distance if the game needs there rolls (OPs, FPs, PvP...)

But it would make the illusion, that you can use your saber as well like a Jedi class (pve, where you would win any way with your skills)

Do I ask weeks of scripting from the devs?

I don't think so , )

Please support if you agree!

Edited by LuciferinDNA

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sentence makes no sense. Can you explain what you mean?

When my TK ticks 720 ¤ 5 from 30m I won't start to go close and hit a melee class/npc with my saber in a bubble on me what resists 1 hit - when my team need maximum support of my class(wz, op, fp) I won't be able to allow a luxury like that just for fun, but it could bring some fun in pve where you would win any way, how I mentioned it and handle the issue, that Sage/Sorc can't use there light saber (everyone, who plays an mmo based on SW and roll a Jedi wanna have some use of its light saber , ))

just one example but it goes to all main AD skill

If its still confusing for you, please take your time and ask.

Edited by LuciferinDNA

I support this (as a Shadow).

I think it wouldn't make them OP, because they don't get any benefit from using melee abilities, they don't use accuracy, they don't have a weapon that give an increased melee bonus damage (double-bladed lightsaber does).

Edited by Altheran

As a shadow I ask why?

When people spam fleet and ask shadow or sage - I say sage. Why use the saber other than for deflection? Sage is a jedi /wizard class. As the otherside of the spectrum I wish I could cause ruin from affar. But I am perfectly happy being melee, so why do you not want to be ranged? OP with your post about boosting saber damage by using the willpower modifier it would make the class some what unbalanced. The other consular AC doesn't have skills that boost their willpower- the ones in the skill tree I am refering too. Also their willpower is significantly lower than yours, to trade they use higher base weapon damage to offset the difference.

If there was a re-ajustment to add this , it might make the sage require a major class overhaul. The low armour raiting is unusable for melee, the inspiration for the class was palpatine. Who always fought from afar. You do know that shadow has 1/5 or 1/6th of your mana? Why should you get their best asset when they don't get yours?

So why do I prefer sage then? It was a pain to be married to a healer pet leveling till 50. I enjoy the sages versitility more as I lvl one.

As a shadow I ask why?

When people spam fleet and ask shadow or sage - I say sage. Why use the saber other than for deflection? Sage is a jedi /wizard class. As the otherside of the spectrum I wish I could cause ruin from affar. But I am perfectly happy being melee, so why do you not want to be ranged? OP with your post about boosting saber damage by using the willpower modifier it would make the class some what unbalanced. The other consular AC doesn't have skills that boost their willpower- the ones in the skill tree I am refering too. Also their willpower is significantly lower than yours, to trade they use higher base weapon damage to offset the difference.

If there was a re-ajustment to add this , it might make the sage require a major class overhaul. The low armour raiting is unusable for melee, the inspiration for the class was palpatine. Who always fought from afar. You do know that shadow has 1/5 or 1/6th of your mana? Why should you get their best asset when they don't get yours?

So why do I prefer sage then? It was a pain to be married to a healer pet leveling till 50. I enjoy the sages versitility more as I lvl one.

Way? From the reason, that it could be fun and to roll a jedi in an mmo based on SW and you can't use your light saber could lead to frustration (I don't even get how the devs missed it..)

I don't say that it will be here/his main skill, but let here/him use that saber!

Pardon me, but what deflection are you talking about? How Sage's saber connected to this issue? : ) (I don't get it , )) You mean defense skill? Only a bobby Sage gear for defense. And if it connected to saber, then every class have one in there pocket? : p

I have a lvl 50 shadow, its my main char, so you say it has lower force bar? What about the regeneration? You sure you know your class well? , )

I'm not against the shadow, like I sad I have one (it was my first char at launch and still playing with it) and I know well, that sage never will be able to hit by melee even with my suggestion, like melee AD classes do.

The reason is simple, the Sage don't have melee support skills. even with my suggestion a Sage will never ever out DPS any other class by using here/his saber. It would be impossible!

By the way, if we compare to other classes:

How the hell it could be in this game, that Trooper, Bounty hunter, Smuggler, Imp agent who are ranged classes (30m) can hit like a truck with there range weapon by melee and a jedi class in a world of SW can't use the light saber??? :confused: Even if the mentioned classes has heavy, medium gear...

How the hell it could be in this game, that Trooper, Bounty hunter, Smuggler, Imp agent who are ranged classes (30m) can hit like a truck with there range weapon by melee and a jedi class in a world of SW can't use the light saber??? :confused: Even if the mentioned classes has heavy, medium gear...

I'll quote you to underline that Commandos hit as hard as Vanguards when using Stockstrike, and that Snipers hit as hard as Operatives when using Shiv.

OP with your post about boosting saber damage by using the willpower modifier it would make the class some what unbalanced. The other consular AC doesn't have skills that boost their willpower- the ones in the skill tree I am refering too. Also their willpower is significantly lower than yours, to trade they use higher base weapon damage to offset the difference.

The melee bonus damage from Double-bladed Lightsabers is so high comparing to regular Lightsabers so that even with the +9% Willpower that Sages get, they won't be able to surpass Shadows. For a Shadow, his Double-bladed Lightsaber will give him about the half of his total melee bonus, a regular Lightsaber bears almost 20% less melee damage. So a sage will lose almost 10% of the total melee damge in comparison of Shadows. Now considering the +9% Willpower (the other half of the melee damage if I don't consider Power), it would give them almost 4.5% more than Shadows. But the gain and the loss added make a 5.5% loss. Sages would never be able to do better melee damage than Shadows.

Edited by Altheran

Pardon me Sir Yooga? : )

I would happily support Shadow, my favorite class, but are you sure, that you reply to the right thread? : )

Assassins and shadows are difficult enough to fend off as it is without buffing their melee damage :)

imho of course

Assassins and shadows are difficult enough to fend off as it is without buffing their melee damage :)

imho of course

The thread is about Sages ans Sorcerers. Nobody in this thread asked buffing melee damage of Shadows and Assassins, that's why we don't understand the reason of your post.

Edited by Altheran

I can empathize. My scoundrel only uses her blaster to pistol whip people.

Everything else is a grenade, or a shotgun, or a left hook, or a kick in nads, or a tricorder. Good stuff, don't get me wrong. But I only fire the blaster when everything is cooling down, or I'm low on energy.

I just logged in with all of my classes to take a closer look, how BW managed this issue with them,

All force bases melee classes use str + power for melee DMG bonus and str to critic mod and str+wisdom+power+forcepower for there force based skills and str + wisdom for its critics

Shadow Assassin does a bit different, it use str + wisdom + power for melee dmg bonus and str+wisdom for its critics and wisdom+focepower+power for force skills and wisdom for its critics

Tech based classes use like scoundrel and agent use cunning+aim+power for ranged and cunning+aim for its critics mod. and cunning+power+techpower for tech skills and cunning for its criticks

Tech based classes like Trooper and Bounty Hunter use aim+power for ranged and aim for its critic mod. and aim+cunning+power+techpower for its tech based skills and aim+cunning for its critics.

Sage/Sorce use str+power for its melee and str for its critics mod(lvl 50 sage has 93 str), even if its the only AD class in the game who don't have any support on melee ability at its skill tree or in its AD class skills. All other classes use there main attribute for tech-ranged, melee-force ability what pairs are totally supported by there skill tree and base class skills + at there critic modifications.

I just logged in with all of my classes to take a closer look, how BW managed this issue with them,

All force bases melee classes use str + power for melee DMG bonus and str to critic mod and str+wisdom+power+forcepower for there force based skills and str + wisdom for its critics

Shadow Assassin does a bit different, it use str + wisdom + power for melee dmg bonus and str+wisdom for its critics and wisdom+focepower+power for force skills and wisdom for its critics

Tech based classes use like scoundrel and agent use cunning+aim+power for ranged and cunning+aim for its critics mod. and cunning+power+techpower for tech skills and cunning for its criticks

Tech based classes like Trooper and Bounty Hunter use aim+power for ranged and aim for its critic mod. and aim+cunning+power+techpower for its tech based skills and aim+cunning for its critics.

Sage/Sorce use str+power for its melee and str for its critics mod(lvl 50 sage has 93 str), even if its the only AD class in the game who don't have any support on melee ability at its skill tree or in its AD class skills. All other classes use there main attribute for tech-ranged, melee-force ability what pairs are totally supported by there skill tree and base class skills + at there critic modifications.

willpower* not wisdom , ) 12 years of mmo leads to misspellings like that , )

pardon : )

The thread is about Sages ans Sorcerers. Nobody in this thread asked buffing melee damage of Shadows and Assassins, that's why we don't understand the reason of your post.

Oh, because if sages get WP buffs to melee damage then it would follow that shadows would too.

Oh, because if sages get WP buffs to melee damage then it would follow that shadows would too.

No, absolutely not. It's all about removing a restriction that only Sages/Sorcerers have, causing the main stat to not increase all of their attacks but only Force attacks (they are the only ones who don't have a main stat that increase two categories of damage).

Melee bonus on Willpower ? Shadows and Assassins already have it, Consular and Inquisitors who don't have chosen an AC yet have it. Only Sage and Sorcerers don't have it.

Edited by Altheran

You can't have everything, sages are ranged dps, that's all there is too it. You choose that class, you should know what you are getting into.

Sages get plenty of things that other classes don't get, like bubbles, heals, a free self heal, massive aoes.

Really you are just going to have to accept that the saber is there for show and defense. It's not going to change anytime soon as it would require a complete rebalance of all the skills to prevent sages being op. As all they would have to do is go stand in melee range using all their normal abilities + melee fillers.

Sage dmg output is probably right where BW wants it atm.

Perhaps they could change Force Stuns animation to something like Dispatch or Saber Throw, for example, instead.

Edited by Ycoga

You can't have everything, sages are ranged dps, that's all there is too it. You choose that class, you should know what you are getting into.

Sages get plenty of things that other classes don't get, like bubbles, heals, a free self heal, massive aoes.

Really you are just going to have to accept that the saber is there for show and defense. It's not going to change anytime soon as it would require a complete rebalance of all the skills to prevent sages being op. As all they would have to do is go stand in melee range using all their normal abilities + melee fillers.

"like bubbles, heals, a free self heal, massive aoes"

free self heal - all classes have it in different way balanced to there resistance, scoundrel is the winer of this ability, some classes should use skill tree for it, warriors and knight are lacking in it a bit but globally the Sage's 30 sec cool-down small emergency heal is not game breaking in my eyes.

bubble - if they would not have it, the class would be unplayable due to light armor with no armor buff (ok 10 % at skill tree for a few sec lol) no shield chance and no other resistance skills what all classes have

massive aoes - all classes have there massive aoes (knights, warriors lacking) if I play my other classes in WS (all 50) and I get to Sage's earth quake I don't even mind lol if my position is serves my team, I just stay there , ) When Sage sorc starts to cast dot's on me, thats the only issue what makes me panic... I panic as well from the aoes of imp agent, smuggler, trooper and bounty hunter. Nothing game breaking here..

"It's not going to change anytime soon as it would require a complete rebalance of all the skills to prevent sages being op"

Sage/Sorc has no skill to re-balance, what connected to melee hit, theres zero skill like that , )

It would allow the sage to use Double Strike and Saber Strike in pve for fun and can be landed this skills in pvp for the lol if she/he knows well, that the situation don't needs the AD's massive skills. If my suggestion goes live and Sage/Sarce would queue for operation, HM FP... like a dps and would not start to use here/his main skills what are supported by the AD's skill tree but Double Strike and Saber Strike, he/she would be kicked quite fast , )

"As all they would have to do is go stand in melee range using all their normal abilities + melee fillers."

When(just one example) TK has no cool-down + its a 30m skill + its regenerate my force way the hell I would want to stand in melee range in light armor, with no shield, with a bobble what disable after the first hit?

My suggestion is not game breaking, don't needs weeks of scripting to disturb the devs work, its would handle a frustration, that a jedi class in an mmo based on SW can't use its saber.

Lets see it from the other side for a sec , )

(just an example for one AD class)

Vanguard has high end armor, great resistance, shield, so he can go close to melee range! Lets nerf its ranged bonus! Now you have a Trooper in an mmo based on SW who can live over of course and its absolutely viable but can't take down even a butterfly with his ranged weapon, but he just carry it, lets say for defense or just to show it lol

So a Trooper without range support? Do you like it? Would you make a suggestion on the forum, that " pardon me, but can we maybe handle this issue.." ? , )

Edited by LuciferinDNA

Its absolutely not about DMG output : )

No, absolutely not. It's all about removing a restriction that only Sages/Sorcerers have, causing the main stat to not increase all of their attacks but only Force attacks (they are the only ones who don't have a main stat that increase two categories of damage).

What is it then?

In fact, it will increase their melee damage output for sure, but melee abilities will still be out of damaging rotations which will still be 100% Force powers, (because their melee damage output will still be low* and it'd need to take unnecessary risks), meaning that the overall DPS of the class will remain unchanged.

So does it increase their damage output ? Yes and no, it depends from the point of view.

Looking at melee abilities only, yes.

Looking at the AC in its globality, no.

* : low but acceptable, Saber Strike would be comparable to a Scoundrel's Flurry of Shots without the range

Edited by Altheran

"like bubbles, heals, a free self heal, massive aoes"

free self heal - all classes have it in different way balanced to there resistance, scoundrel is the winer of this ability, some classes should use skill tree for it, warriors and knight are lacking in it a bit but globally the Sage's 30 sec cool-down small emergency heal is not game breaking in my eyes.

bubble - if they would not have it, the class would be unplayable due to light armor with no armor buff (ok 10 % at skill tree for a few sec lol) no shield chance and no other resistance skills what all classes have

massive aoes - all classes have there massive aoes (knights, warriors lacking) if I play my other classes in WS (all 50) and I get to Sage's earth quake I don't even mind lol if my position is serves my team, I just stay there , ) When Sage sorc starts to cast dot's on me, thats the only issue what makes me panic... I panic as well from the aoes of imp agent, smuggler, trooper and bounty hunter. Nothing game breaking here..

"It's not going to change anytime soon as it would require a complete rebalance of all the skills to prevent sages being op"

Sage/Sorc has no skill to re-balance, what connected to melee hit, theres zero skill like that , )

It would allow the sage to use Double Strike and Saber Strike in pve for fun and can be landed this skills in pvp for the lol if she/he knows well, that the situation don't needs the AD's massive skills. If my suggestion goes live and Sage/Sarce would queue for operation, HM FP... like a dps and would not start to use here/his main skills what are supported by the AD's skill tree but Double Strike and Saber Strike, he/she would be kicked quite fast , )

"As all they would have to do is go stand in melee range using all their normal abilities + melee fillers."

When(just one example) TK has no cool-down + its a 30m skill + its regenerate my force way the hell I would want to stand in melee range in light armor, with no shield, with a bobble what disable after the first hit?

My suggestion is not game breaking, don't needs weeks of scripting to disturb the devs work, its would handle a frustration, that a jedi class in an mmo based on SW can't use its saber.

Lets see it from the other side for a sec , )

(just an example for one AD class)

Vanguard has high end armor, great resistance, shield, so he can go close to melee range! Lets nerf its ranged bonus! Now you have a Trooper in an mmo based on SW who can live over of course and its absolutely viable but can't take down even a butterfly with his ranged weapon, but he just carry it, lets say for defense or just to show it lol

So a Trooper without range support? Do you like it? Would you make a suggestion on the forum, that " pardon me, but can we maybe handle this issue.." ? , )

Where is the gunslinger's self-heal?

Also, what you quoted in no way said the self-heal was game breaking, it was saying that adding what you want on top of what they already have would be game breaking.

Comparing the sage/sorc to a trooper is also beyond half-butted, since the trooper is a ranged class on BOTH of his advanced classes.

However, we DO see scoundrels who primarily use melee attacks (the most they use their pistol for is to pistol whip people), and I don't see them QQing that they need buffs to their ranged attacks so they can use the iconic smuggler gun more often. They CHOSE to be a melee scoundrel and they deal with that choice (or re-roll/re-spec).

Sages/Sorcs do not use their lightsabers, get over it. They are a ranged class, not a melee class. If you want to play melee DPS you roll a shadow/assassin.

What is it then?

If Sage/Sorc will be able to use there willpower bonus for melee dmg bonus (like all classes do with there main attribute and class roll pair (force-melee, ranged-tech) the 2 base melee skills what he would be able to use will never bring better dmg outcome compared to there main skills.

It would do just one thing, make this two melee ability viable and using it for fun.

This is all its about.

If you have more specific questions and you still confused please take your time and ask : )

Where is the gunslinger's self-heal?

Also, what you quoted in no way said the self-heal was game breaking, it was saying that adding what you want on top of what they already have would be game breaking.

Comparing the sage/sorc to a trooper is also beyond half-butted, since the trooper is a ranged class on BOTH of his advanced classes.

However, we DO see scoundrels who primarily use melee attacks (the most they use their pistol for is to pistol whip people), and I don't see them QQing that they need buffs to their ranged attacks so they can use the iconic smuggler gun more often. They CHOSE to be a melee scoundrel and they deal with that choice (or re-roll/re-spec).

Sages/Sorcs do not use their lightsabers, get over it. They are a ranged class, not a melee class. If you want to play melee DPS you roll a shadow/assassin.

True, gunsliger lacking in self heal. I suggest go and make a thread about it if its frustrating you and you think that it disturbs the lore of SW till you play the class.

You mentioning Scoundrel,

So I have a lvl 50 scoundrel I like it so much, from the reason that he can use a bunch of skills and can handle almost all situation:

Can heal self like no other class, can snake and even HIPS! Most mobil class. Greatest and strongest aoe skill, can involve in close combat fight till if he lacking in resistance a bit, he can use free insta heal after every even whip attack. He has aoe stun and its the longest stun in game. He has ranged dps, melee dps and heal tree (very playful what is a good point in an mmo, )) And if it needed he goes to cover and has incredible great long range ability bar (a new skill bar!!! I like this one the most , )) He can use two 30m range grenade and both aoe and in very short cool-down . Ah and did I mentioned, that all of his long range, short range, aoe, heal... and all super wide ability bar is supported by his main atribute? : )

Only one assumption... could it be, that this are the reasons way they don't qq'ing?

By the way, do you see any one QQ'ing here? I made a suggestion, a suggestion what is strange that almost no one mentioning (ok in game chat I saw a lot of jokes, that Sage/Sorc has no light saber, they have a walking stick , ))

And don't misunderstood me its not a qq for better dmg, I have good dmg with my Sage (of course everything could be better , )) I just ask for a change, what all classes has and I can go further, this change won't be game breaking, but if it stays like that its simply SW lore breaking.