Corrupted Sithspawn Experiment

For the love of all that is holy, FIX THIS BOSS. We have been trying for over 3 hrs now to kill this crappy boss all to no avail. The problem lies in the fact the the boss does not explode the barrels when he comes back. Every member of our group stood on top of the same barrel as we killed the last tentacle, yet the boss fails to detonate it.

We had so many attempts on this crappy boss. Each time we reset we had maybe 1-2 lucky barrel explosions. The rest of the time was a complete waste as the boss comes back and just starts pounding on us. No matter what we tried it made no difference. We even tried having each group member standing on a barrel each, that means that we had 4 different barrels for the boss to explode. Not one exploded.

The frustration of this quest chain is immense. Not only do we spend hrs running around the galaxy for 10 seconds or searching for and item, we then get to this instance only to find a buggy piece of crap.

Please for the love of Jebus, fix it. I don't think my monitor will take many more headbutts before it iimplodes.

The only reason that comes to mind as to why this wouldn't work is that you guys did not clear off the barrels. Each one is "held" by a dread tentacle that needs to be removed (clicking and channeling works) before they are bombable with the boss.

Otherwise I got nothing for ya. I only did this recently and I did it with two people total, no issues killing him.

did it less than one hour ago, once it didn't break the barrel, but i'm suspicious about group members' positions. and you can damage it a bit aswell, it took two barrels plus the failed one to bring the boss down and we didn't have a healer..ut bring one and you'll be fine

We know about the clearing of the tentacles on top of the barrels, the healer clears them as we go along. We ONLY stand next to cleared barrels.

So today we all tried again. 2 hrs later and we gave up. We all looked on the internet to see if others are having this issue. There are lots of posts saying the same as what I have said. The hit detection of the boss is insanely crappy. There were a few suggestions saying "Try standing on top", "Try standing to the side" or " Try standing behind the barrel". None of them worked with any frequency. We may have gotten 1-2 barrels explode in the fight before we reset.

To be honest my group is now giving up on this. After so many complaints nothing has been done. We watch videos on others doing the fight and we read up to get clear tactics and these fail to work. It is rather depressing to have spent so long on this questline only to have to drop it so close to the end due to it being buggy.

We know about the clearing of the tentacles on top of the barrels, the healer clears them as we go along. We ONLY stand next to cleared barrels.

So today we all tried again. 2 hrs later and we gave up. We all looked on the internet to see if others are having this issue. There are lots of posts saying the same as what I have said. The hit detection of the boss is insanely crappy. There were a few suggestions saying "Try standing on top", "Try standing to the side" or " Try standing behind the barrel". None of them worked with any frequency. We may have gotten 1-2 barrels explode in the fight before we reset.

To be honest my group is now giving up on this. After so many complaints nothing has been done. We watch videos on others doing the fight and we read up to get clear tactics and these fail to work. It is rather depressing to have spent so long on this questline only to have to drop it so close to the end due to it being buggy.

Stand on top of barrels, not beside them. Not everybody needs to stand on the same barrel, but everybody needs to stand on an unexploded barrel. For safety measure, stand on the middle of the barrel, not just a corner of it. I can't guarantee 100% success, but it has never failed for me if everybody is on cleaned, unexploded barrels.

Also, there's a Dread Tentacles healing cast that is interruptible, so interrupt it whenever you can.

Stand on top of barrels, not beside them. Not everybody needs to stand on the same barrel, but everybody needs to stand on an unexploded barrel. For safety measure, stand on the middle of the barrel, not just a corner of it. I can't guarantee 100% success, but it has never failed for me if everybody is on cleaned, unexploded barrels.

Also, there's a Dread Tentacles healing cast that is interruptible, so interrupt it whenever you can.

We have tried all of this. We have stood on top of the barrels, to the side, in front, behind, on top at one end, on top at the front, on top on either side. We have tried one person a seperate barrel each meaning 4x chances for them to explode.

We also remove the tentacles on top of the barrels (well the healer does). My group has finally come the decision to quit the quest. We cant be bothered trying anymore.

• 3 years later...
Ive spent days trying to defeat this boss, sometimes he spams the heal ability, sometimes he only targets my ally, sometimes the canisters dont exploded, and this last time ive tried i got him one hit away from dying and he stopped talking damage. Please someone help me with this quest or put me past this point so i can finish it.

• 1 year later...
It is 2019 and they still have NOT fixed this boss! Sat there for well over 2 hours trying to beat him! No issue staying alive and killing the tentacles but the barrels refuse to explode when he jumps down. Tried reloading the entire thing twice but to no avail. For game that’s been around as long as SWTOR has, it is a little ridiculous they can’t fix something that should be so simple.

It is 2019 and they still have NOT fixed this boss! Sat there for well over 2 hours trying to beat him! No issue staying alive and killing the tentacles but the barrels refuse to explode when he jumps down. Tried reloading the entire thing twice but to no avail. For game that’s been around as long as SWTOR has, it is a little ridiculous they can’t fix something that should be so simple.

just to make sure, the barrels are partly encased in a tentacle-like thing, are you destroying those first? (it's a clicky thing). otherwise the barrels will never explode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I just beat this boss in a group of two. When the last tentacle was low we put our companions as passive, I left the room and my friend stood on a barrel and finished off the last tentacle with ranged attacks. Barrels exploded every time. We were able to beat him in about 30 minutes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It seems now he DOES land on top of the barrels (every 1/3 times) and they do explode causing him to be stunned for a moment, but the barrels are finite and once there are no more he's able to fully heal.

I managed to get him to 20% before running out of barrels, and it took ages 🤬

Edited by GorgeCloney