Thanks for the droid parts price nerf... Well done. Wow!

Alec_Fortescue

Well done Bioware, make making credits even harder... Why didn't you even make an earlier announcement in patch notes so I can sell what I already had? That was hardly an exploit. I could have made 40 mil easily in a week should i wanted dedicate some time. I should have farmed more, prepping for a nerf... Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well done Bioware, make making credits even harder... Why didn't you even make an earlier announcement in patch notes so I can sell what I already had? That was hardly an exploit. I could have made 40 mil easily in a week should i wanted dedicate some time. I should have farmed more, prepping for a nerf...

All things being equal, having you mad at them is better than having all of your would-have-been-customers mad at them. And if your Droid Part sales were a substantial source of income, the nerfing of the parts isn't the problem.

Now why they couldn't fix Willpower earpieces and implants at the same time they nerfed Droid Stuff is a better question to ask.

All things being equal, having you mad at them is better than having all of your would-have-been-customers mad at them. And if your Droid Part sales were a substantial source of income, the nerfing of the parts isn't the problem.

Now why they couldn't fix Willpower earpieces and implants at the same time they nerfed Droid Stuff is a better question to ask.

it's not my fault that players were selling products cheaper than vendor was oferring for its components... I'd get a nerf to 6k but 2k...?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

it's not my fault that players were selling products cheaper than vendor was oferring for its components... I'd get a nerf to 6k but 2k...?

Maybe I missed something -- are you talking about the vendor sale price or the statistics (main stat, end, secondary, tertiary) on the items? The patch notes said "values", so I assumed they were talking about the stats.

Maybe I missed something -- are you talking about the vendor sale price or the statistics (main stat, end, secondary, tertiary) on the items? The patch notes said "values", so I assumed they were talking about the stats.

Droid parts were selling for 8200 to a vendor. CS responded that it is working as intended so i worked away. Now i wish i wasn't so slow about it because i only managed to make about 80 mil out of it while i could've easily made 3x more.

so for selling droid parts alone you could make twice more credits than selling an augment kit. it's not my fault players are so dumb they're selling items for less than vendors offer!

example: 10 droid parts (2/2/2) sold to vendor = 82k

10 droid parts (2/2/2) converted into ten augmentors + 2/2/2 archeology mats + much more time spent crafting = 42k worth augment kit

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Droid parts were selling for 8200 to a vendor. CS responded that it is working as intended so i worked away. Now i wish i wasn't so slow about it because i only managed to make about 80 mil out of it while i could've easily made 3x more.

so for selling droid parts alone you could make twice more credits than selling an augment kit. it's not my fault players are so dumb they're selling items for less than vendors offer!

10 droid parts (2/2/2) converted into ten augmentors + 2/2/2 archeology mats + much more time spent crafting = 42k worth augment kit

And that explains the nerf. Yes CS may have said "working as intended" but that does not mean "working as intended and we will never change it."

Long story short, this was a minor exploit. Just be glad they did not take your credits from those sales.

/facepalm

So, assuming about CR 500 per mat (running missions), it cost about 3K to make and sold for 8.2K? Let me guess, the same devs responsible for the initial slot machine drop rates worked on this.

Am I correct in assuming that the statistics didn't change, just the vendor sale price?

And that explains the nerf. Yes CS may have said "working as intended" but that does not mean "working as intended and we will never change it."

Long story short, this was a minor exploit. Just be glad they did not take your credits from those sales.

6 companions making 5 each with a profit of 5K is 150K. It takes 5 minutes per part, so 25 minutes game time. It takes maybe five minutes to log in, sell to vendor (no waiting for GTN sales), and send out companions. I'd say the profit making potential (as well as potential for bot abuse) is almost as high as that of the CSM. Enough that it would justify making additional cybertechs.

That said, if you report it to CS and they say it's working as intended, I'd think penalizing the player would be hard to justify.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if the same devs responsible for the initial slot machine drop rates (and telling Eric they were fine) worked on this and told CS it was fine. Just one more car on the SoR fail train.

This^^^^ Nowhere else in the game did you have a ready-made guaranteed market for goods that made you millions. You didn't even have a true market via the GTN. Yes, Bioware caused it and yes, you found it and realized how you could take great advantage of it. Good for you. And Bioware also fixed it--which they should have. Good for them. And now your avalanche of guaranteed money is over. Too bad. Now you'll have to get credits the old-fashioned way, by earning them. I have no sympathy at all for your "anger" over this. Meanwhile, enjoy the tens of millions you DID manage to suck from the system.

Well done Bioware, make making credits even harder... Why didn't you even make an earlier announcement in patch notes so I can sell what I already had? That was hardly an exploit. I could have made 40 mil easily in a week should i wanted dedicate some time. I should have farmed more, prepping for a nerf...

Let's see.

40,000,000 / 8,200 cr == 4,878 droid parts

at 4:42 each, that's 382 hours of crafting time (assuming you keep the queues full at all times)

6 companions bring that down to 63 hours

2 cybertech alts would bring it down to 32 hours.

3 cybertech alts would bring it down to 21 hours

4 cybertech alts would bring it down to 16 hours

It would require

9756 Farium

9756 Molytex

9756 Vanadium Flux

If you stuck to crew missions, that would net you an average of 15 Farium and 15 Molytex every 45 minutes per toon with Scavenging (running only Rich / Bountiful missions). You wouldn't be remotely able to get enough mats in a week to support this level of production.

So this leaves manually gathering and buying off the GTN. Yavin is pretty chock-a-block filled with materials, but I'm unsure about the rate. Perhaps 200 of each in an hour of dedicated gathering? Switching instances if the competition got too great? That's about 50 hours of gathering.

Buying that many mats on the GTN? That's going to drive the prices up. Farium tends to be cheap, but Molytex tends to be more expensive. How much are they on your server? 500-1000cr each? At a safe bet, buying in that quantity would push them to at least 1000 cr each. And the Farium at least to 500cr each. Vanadium Flux costs 800cr each at the vendor.

So this would likely cost you at least 20 million credits of materials, or 50 hours of straight gathering, all to make 40 million credits. This is a monumentally inefficient way to make money.

Are you stupid or lying?

Edited by Khevar

Getting 1500 molytex and1500 farium is a matter of about 3 hours in Yavin Village. Some people do have more time on their hands. I had less time on my hands and i only managed to make about 60 mil in pure profit since I found out in january.

Add Biochem and bioanalysis on massassi from which you make aug kits.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

FML. I was too busy fighting over slicing nodes on yavin to realize this in the first place. Now, it's back out to yavin I geuss...fml

lol... You could have made a legal fortune whie it lasted :l

Now i am back to making kits and fighting the turds who keep undercutting down to 30k. If only reverse engineering my weekly gathered stuff didn't take 3 hours.

What's funny is just how many people don't realize what happened in the last patch lol. This is a massive hit to some players. I bet it's because of credit sellers.

And no, it wasn't an exploit:

- People questioning cs were told that it is working as intended,

- It was more than one item which did cost more. See patch notes how many items were affected. It wasn't some obscure thing you'd find by a serious accident but the droid parts everyone crafted for augment components.

- It still took a large amount of time to get all this done.

So don't you say it was an exploit. It's not my fault vendors offerred more more credits. It was probably intended for aug kits to be worth around 80k but dumb players keep undercutting each other real hard.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Getting 1500 molytex and1500 farium is a matter of about 3 hours in Yavin Village. Some people do have more time on their hands. I had less time on my hands and i only managed to make about 60 mil in pure profit since I found out in january.

Assuming what you say is true (I haven't the stomach to test 3 solid hours of just gathering), this is comes out to 8.3 mats per minute. A single node produces between 4 and 8 mats, I believe. So basically one node every 45 seconds? Non-stop? No competition with other players for nodes? Or pulling aggro on mobs?

Let's go back to your first post:

I could have made 40 mil easily in a week should i wanted dedicate some time.

You're saying you would have spent no less than 20 SOLID HOURS OF GATHERING PER WEEK just grinding Scavenging nodes? And that Bioware's nerf of the Droid Parts has upset your apple cart?

I'll say it again. There are FAR easier ways to make money in this game than that sort of unholy grind.

You're saying you would have spent no less than 20 SOLID HOURS OF GATHERING PER WEEK just grinding Scavenging nodes? And that Bioware's nerf of the Droid Parts has upset your apple cart?

I'll say it again. There are FAR easier ways to make money in this game than that sort of unholy grind.

I do it while in pvp queue... If you have easier ways, i am looking forward to a pm :) if it's related to buying and selling then yeah, i am doing something on the side.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

There are some people in this game who *enjoy* farming. I know because I am one of them. We may be a tiny minority, but you cannot say that nobody enjoys it simply because you personally don't.

The way I figure it, I play this game primarily to be entertained/to have fun. If I find playing the GTN to be remarkably tedious and no fun at all, while I find farming enjoyable and relaxing, I'm going to spend my time in this game doing the latter. If I make a lot of credits off of it, that's just a remarkable bonus!

I just hate it when I spend 20 hours farming (which is also the only time I get to listen to music and spend time really thinking without distractions, this is the main reason I like it so much), and someone goes "You are the world's biggest idiot because you could have made 10x that amount in that amount of time if you'd just spent it flipping on the GTN and/or crafting!". Um, I'm an idiot because I spent my leisure time doing something I find leisurely and can actually make SOME credits off of it? Next time I'll spend those 20 hours doing something I HATE to make more credits... wait, never mind, that's why I already have an IRL job, I don't need one that functions the exact same way yet doesn't give me any actual IRL money!

/rant

There are some people in this game who *enjoy* farming. I know because I am one of them. We may be a tiny minority, but you cannot say that nobody enjoys it simply because you personally don't.

The way I figure it, I play this game primarily to be entertained/to have fun. If I find playing the GTN to be remarkably tedious and no fun at all, while I find farming enjoyable and relaxing, I'm going to spend my time in this game doing the latter. If I make a lot of credits off of it, that's just a remarkable bonus!

I just hate it when I spend 20 hours farming (which is also the only time I get to listen to music and spend time really thinking without distractions, this is the main reason I like it so much), and someone goes "You are the world's biggest idiot because you could have made 10x that amount in that amount of time if you'd just spent it flipping on the GTN and/or crafting!". Um, I'm an idiot because I spent my leisure time doing something I find leisurely and can actually make SOME credits off of it? Next time I'll spend those 20 hours doing something I HATE to make more credits... wait, never mind, that's why I already have an IRL job, I don't need one that functions the exact same way yet doesn't give me any actual IRL money!

/rant

Khevar is not saying "players who enjoy farming are idiots." He is calling the OP an idiot or a liar because Khevar did the math and realized the near impossibility of the OP's money making claims

I just hate it when I spend 20 hours farming (which is also the only time I get to listen to music and spend time really thinking without distractions, this is the main reason I like it so much), and someone goes "You are the world's biggest idiot because you could have made 10x that amount in that amount of time if you'd just spent it flipping on the GTN and/or crafting!".

Psandak has the right of it.

There's nothing wrong with spending 20 hours farming for mats if that's what you enjoy. That isn't the crux of my argument.

The OP is complaining that Bioware's nerf to droid parts has prevented him from making "40 million a week if he dedicated some time to it"

If 40 million a week is his dedicated goal, and he has 20 hours a week spend on it, he could do any number of things. Augments, 186 gear, even selling mats (both green from gathered and blue/purple), etc.

Honestly, this thread started off on the wrong foot to begin with:

Well done Bioware, make making credits even harder...

Alec has been bragging for years about how wealthy he is in this game, how much money he's made, how many Czerka Crate-O-Matics he owns, etc.

It's just so absurd to see him complain about this particular nerf, particularly when it is filled with hyperbole such as "40 million credits a week" from selling droid parts to the vendor.

Edited by Khevar

I do it while in pvp queue... If you have easier ways, i am looking forward to a pm :) if it's related to buying and selling then yeah, i am doing something on the side.

So not only would you be spending 20 hours per week farming mats, it would be in-between PvP matches?

How much time do you have per week to play the game?

As for ways to make credits, search for Darth_THC's post from way back. Everything in it is still relevant.

Edited by Khevar

It's just so absurd to see him complain about this particular nerf, particularly when it is filled with hyperbole such as "40 million credits a week" from selling droid parts to the vendor.

Actually, the part you colored is the key to the scheme, and why BW *had* to nerf it once they realized what they had done (again). Other than time served, there is no limit to how much you can make if you can craft something for less than the what the vendor will pay. If you are crafting to sell to other people, you are "capped" by the laws of supply and demand (specifically, if demand is 0, then supply is irrelevant). The vendor will buy things at a fixed rate but has infinite demand, so you are guaranteed instant sales for whatever you make. Since demand is infinite, your profits are limited solely by your ability to supply.

Depending on the profit per item, and the difficulty of supply, you will run into limits on how much you can make. However, if you are in a queue on a given char, logging to other chars is not a viable option, so if you have all 100 GTN slots filled and your "reserves" are full, you might as well spend your wait time doing the next most profitable things.

That said, just like the original CSM drop rates, it was stupid for BW to make selling droid parts so profitable. Then again, this will hardly be the first time I (or anybody) has commented on the number (and respawn frequency) of mat nodes in SoR.

Edited by eartharioch

At some point, one must realize that "Working as intended" does not mean "Is written in stone never to be changed while time continues marching onward."

All it means is "This doesn't fit the definition of a 'bug'." In other words, nobody mistyped a value into a spreadsheet or anything. This is very similar to the whole slot machine fiasco.

If Honda were to make a car which can only turn right, and people complained, they could respond with "The car is working as intended." because it was designed to only turn right.

If they change the design so that the car can turn left now, the new car is still "Working as intended." even though it is different than the original design.

Realizing that a design is flawed and changing the design does not invalidate the "working as intended' reply that was first issued.

/rant

LOL, at times I farm in the evening when I do not feel like playing content with the news on in the background. I like the idea that I can relax and just scoot around. It is restful after a long day at work. I find most of the mobs in SWTOR more appealing looking than some of the politicians who are on TV spinning their BS. Besides, I can tune out the commercials which is most of TV any more.

Music is good too or I can farm while playing with my dogs.

PS - I do not believe most of the claims of making piles of credits.

On the note of economy things needing fixing ... anyone noticed any particular reason/change why Mytag crystal prices have gone through the roof? They are more valuable than the Midlithe crystals on Harbinger at least now.

In fact nearly all the purples I deal with have had significant price increases over the past month whilst the new tier of purples never really got anywhere near to their level of price they held prior to slotgate.

My guess is it's just supply and demand with less supply for older purple items with people going after the new purple items and the demand is still fairly strong ( especially with prefabs iwhere upto a month ago you could craft them for under 10K with the right crew skill and sell them for 30-40K+ ( and they stack ).

Still was curious if there was something new I had missed that might have caused this change.

It's nice profit for me so I'm certainly not complaining ( though mission discoveries have increased in cost greatly :( ) but still "feels" strange.

It would require

9756 Farium

9756 Molytex

9756 Vanadium Flux

So this leaves manually gathering and buying off the GTN. Yavin is pretty chock-a-block filled with materials, but I'm unsure about the rate. Perhaps 200 of each in an hour of dedicated gathering? Switching instances if the competition got too great? That's about 50 hours of gathering.

So this would likely cost you at least 20 million credits of materials, or 50 hours of straight gathering, all to make 40 million credits. This is a monumentally inefficient way to make money.

Are you stupid or lying?

I can't say that TS did so, but if I knew beforehand that I needed a truckload of scavenging mats, I'd stand at the pylons during the Gree event and gather other peoples' leftovers. One droid a minute would be 350-400 mats (combined) an hour. If he put some effort into it he'd find much more than a droid a minute. Those Gree surely hate their droids.