cybertech + scavenging + slicing?

Darth-Rammstein

I decided to choose cybertech as my crafting skill and even though the two other skills you should have are scavenging and underworld trading I kept slicing because of how much mad money I was making from it. Would the money I make from slicing compensate for the lack of having the UT skill and just buy any of those mats if I need them?

I used that combo as well and it works really great. However in hindsight I think it would be even better to use Cybertech+Slicing+Underworld Trading. The basic resources turned out to be really cheap on the GTN, like a stack of 50 for 500 credits. I think this is much cheaper than having to buy the UT resources instead. Edited by Rhaphael

I've been wondering the same thing. Underworld Trading also has a chance of dropping orange schematics, but people are saying that the drop rates are poor and its probably easier to buy the schematics with the cash made from slicing.

I'm going to go with slicing to begin with and swap to UT if I need to later on. Again, with the money made from slicing you can hopefully level up UT pretty quickly.

I used that combo as well and it works really great. However in hindsight I think it would be even better to use Cybertech+Slicing+Underworld Trading. The basic resources turned out to be really cheap on the GTN, like a stack of 50 for 500 credits. I think this is much cheaper than having to buy the UT resources.

Ah good idea, although its worth checking the availability on the GTN to make sure enough people are selling those mats on your server. My main has biochem and so far I've not seen many basic mats for it on the GTN.

i cant even find the level 2-3+ scavenging resources on the auction hall, i Strongly recommend you roll a alt to ~18 that just does scav or underworld trading.

If you go with the alts, you better put the crafting skill on the alt and all gathering on the main. A craft you can queue up to 5 items being made, a mission can't be queued. And this could save you some logging over, especially if you craft blue and up on high end which.

If you go with the alts, you better put the crafting skill on the alt and all gathering on the main. A craft you can queue up to 5 items being made, a mission can't be queued. And this could save you some logging over, especially if you craft blue and up on high end which.

Yes but what if crafted items are BoP? Also, at later levels the missions take a long time anyway so you can just leave them to it.

If you're slicing you'll miss metals needed for crafting however slicing is a very good source of cash income so as long as you keep the lockboxes coming in buying schematics/materials shouldnt be as much of a drain on resources.

I've taken UW trade and am yet to see any schematics come my way.

I've been wondering the same thing. Underworld Trading also has a chance of dropping orange schematics, but people are saying that the drop rates are poor and its probably easier to buy the schematics with the cash made from slicing.

I'm going to go with slicing to begin with and swap to UT if I need to later on. Again, with the money made from slicing you can hopefully level up UT pretty quickly.

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do. I have UWT right now, but I haven't really had much use for it. So I think I'm going to switch to slicing to make money and get schematics, then once I have a lot of schematics I'll switch back.

I decided to choose cybertech as my crafting skill and even though the two other skills you should have are scavenging and underworld trading I kept slicing because of how much mad money I was making from it. Would the money I make from slicing compensate for the lack of having the UT skill and just buy any of those mats if I need them?

Only time and the GTN will tell. Blues and purples will be available at different costs, so if you buy the super-expensive lots then you do not help your chances.

You can figure it out for yourself, though, if you just look. What was your bank account like before you ran those misions, sold whatever goods you might have obtained, bought those materials, and made those items, and what is it now?

This applies to any crafting skill with one or two non-supporting gathering and/or mission skills.

If it is costing me more to get the mats I need that I am making by slicing/selling what I gather, then I would be better off taking the appropriate skill(s).

I a doing cyber/scav/slice.

My logic is this: I can scavenge all the mats i need to level cyber at no cost.

Only a few of the cyber items i want to learn the purple schematic for, so i will buy the the blue/purple components off of the market.

Slicing gives be the money and the flexibility to do that in theory.

Time will tell if that is good. I saw were some decided to go with UT and buy the scavenging mats. While scavenging mats are cheaper, they are needed to level cyber so you must buy them to level up, and UT costs money to run. Slicing IMHO does not bring in that much money to buy/run missions to supply a crafting skill solely on its own. I think in the long run you would be in the same position to have just taken cyber/UT/Scav money wise.

got to 400 slicing yesterday ^^ really neat when you get a slicing mission from a slicing mission though itso nly happened 3 times on the way to 400 lol!

Currently running with slicing, scav and cybertech also.. really great combo! ^^

I also went Cyber/Scav/Slicing thinking I'd buy the UT blues and purples off GTN with my slicing money, but have found the greens way more common. Sometimes can't find the blues/purples I need at any price (although economy still growing, GTN should fill out over time)

Strongly considering a switch to Cyber/Underworld/Slicing, though the downside to UT vs Scav is that you can't harvest any nodes.

I think once the economy really builds up, Cyber/Scav/UT will be just as good as slicing, but for now I need to finance the missions and can't depend on GTN sales for that yet...

So I'm wondering what everyone else is thinking about Slicing with this new patch nerf. I ran some missions today, Slicing about 350, and I didn't turn a profit in 10 tries. Right now I am Cyber / Slicing / Scavenging. I really like Cyber, and I am getting to the point where Underworld Trading metals are becoming a necessity. I used to satisfy that with money from Slicing, but now I am worried Slicing really has no use anymore. What do you guys think? Is it a good decision to drop Slicing and grab UT?