Cybertech - Droids

DOLZero

Im a level 33 Merc Bounty Hunter with roughly 290 in Cybertech. Ever since I first started Cybertech, I saw the droid parts which I could build. At this point, I am still unsure of what use they are, and have stopped purchasing the schematics for Droid items.

So what are they? What do they do? Why can't I use them?

Nobody ever use droid companions because u can just buy decent blues for normal companions relatively cheap for warzone comendations, and that droids are just not worth special attention > nobody wants that parts :D Edited by BambulaGTS

• 2 weeks later...
If you're an Imperial, then don't bother with the droid upgrade schematics. Really, it was kind of lame for BioWare to make Cybertech more useful for one side than the other.

Scorpio can use them fine o_o

I am the same, I don't bother purchasing the droid schematics from the trainer. Different classes get their droid at different levels and while there are a lot of Jedi Knights running around with droids from level 18+, I just have not seen much of market of those players spending money on upgrading their companions.

I don't think that many players look to purchase upgrades for their droids and lets face it only one of each classes companions will be a droids is missions capable and it depends on the play style of each person/class as to weather they will use that droid in combat.

I tend to spend most of my credits upgrading my armor/weapons first, spending another huge chunk into increasing my crafting skills. My companions often get my older equipment or green / blue drops. I must admit however that I spend a considerable time grouping rather than soloing so I am not as reliant on my companions.

I make the majority of my crafting money from Armor and ear blue/purple mods. I have tried to sell grenades a few times but they don't seem to be a great seller either.

Scorpio can use them fine o_o

You know, I had to look that up. I've never actually even SEEN that companion, that I know of.

Still, my point mostly stands. On Republic side, there is a class that has a droid from the very beginning, making all levels of droid parts somewhat relevant. On the Imperial side, the class with a droid get it near the end of their class quest, meaning that only high level droid parts are relevant--and probably not even then.