Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

AlexModny

• Dev Post

Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers! :w_smile:

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus of a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also this is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something yall want!

I think this is my favorite part of this thread.

My only question is did Musco troll us, or did they see the heat generation that thread caused?

@ Alex how about you don't release another gear tier and decided whether bolster or PvP gear progression is better for PvP? And no, they don't work well together, even though you guys seem to think it does. Every time you raise the bolster floor, you nullify ANY PvP gear progression.

If you guys do the right thing, then I would be willing to talk WZ options. Content don't mean much if the core design is fudged.

And get rid of rng relics please.

Regards,

L-Randle

Carrot on the stick and a completely misleading post. Feel free to contact me via PM and I will give you advice on how to improve PvP.

Yeah I bet they're chomping at the bit to get your input after your three posts in under ten minutes where you stop just short of calling them liars. :rolleyes:

• Dev Post

I just wanted to comment quick on that line so it doesn't derail the thread too badly. That line is entirely my fault and something that Alex wanted to leave out. I promise you the purpose of this thread is to get your feedback on possible designs for the next Warzone. Our PvP team is really excited to see what ideas you can all come up with. No joke, I just left their pit and every one of them has this thread on their monitors, they are taking it seriously.

It is the Community Manager in me that asked Alex to put that line there. I just tried to manage expectations a little there but I probably overdid it. Please, carry on with your ideas, the PvP team wants them :) This is a really cool chance to get your feedback right to the team!

-eric

I forgot that actually reading a post, using common sense, and not automatically agreeing with a developer is a bad thing.

It isn't.

Knee-jerk cynicism and spouting off-topic nonsense is. What's also bad is when half the posts in the thread are yours because of all your angst about the subject.

I appreciate you asking Alex...

My favorite map, going all the way back to beta, has always been Voidstar, I love the progression type map combined with the attack/defend mechanic. Since that's my favorite, here are my suggestions:

• Fleet type setting (invade)

• Attack/Defend mechanic

• Less "guarding" would benefit ANY design - nobody joins a PvP queue hoping they get to guard

• Single click objectives that don't require "guarding" afterwards

• Less spread out objectives that encourage teamwork (again, similar to VS)

• Huttball type "traps" in WZ's that aren't Huttball (player activated?)

PLEASE give us more than a map a year Alex...the current rate of development is outrageously slow. Re-skin if necessary...we need variety, not an intricate story to accompany the WZ...just new maps.

I forgot that actually reading a post, using common sense, and not automatically agreeing with a developer is a bad thing.

Considering ranked que's prolly account for a fraction of a percent of warzones why would they continue to invest in it? I'm shocked they did the arena/leaderboard thing TBH, aside from the pvp servers the community as whole has demonstrated it doesn't want to do ranked by how little its used.

I appreciate you asking Alex...

My favorite map, going all the way back to beta, has always been Voidstar, I love the progression type map combined with the attack/defend mechanic. Since that's my favorite, here are my suggestions:

• Fleet type setting (invade)

• Attack/Defend mechanic

• Less "guarding" would benefit ANY design - nobody joins a PvP queue hoping they get to guard

• Single click objectives that don't require "guarding" afterwards

• Less spread out objectives that encourage teamwork (again, similar to VS)

• Huttball type "traps" in WZ's that aren't Huttball (player activated?)

PLEASE give us more than a map a year Alex...the current rate of development is outrageously slow. Re-skin if necessary...we need variety, not an intricate story to accompany the WZ...just new maps.

Ive always loved voidstar and huttball... the rest meh especially hypergates I dont like that at all

I'll take the same exact game styles, the same exact rule sets, but with new landscapes...

That's simple, and it mixes things up nicely.

Plus, you don't have to worry about implementing new mechanics nobody understands.

Another excellent idea freshening the visuals up would be great ie the denova one on tatooine would be cool

I'll take the same exact game styles, the same exact rule sets, but with new landscapes...

That's simple, and it mixes things up nicely.

Plus, you don't have to worry about implementing new mechanics nobody understands.

I've often thought this might be the best thing to do...learning new mechanics shouldn't be part of every new WZ. It's ok to reskin the existing ones to get some variety going.

Here are two threads I posted about core design issues. I am tired of trying to beat you guys over the head trying to explain this stuff needs to be addressed first, which means this should be your focus..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=719106

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583880

Make the game 100% enjoyable before you add more fluff to this crap cake...

Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers! :w_smile:

We have no plans at this time to give you ideas about a Warzone.

Hows it feel?