Most survivable dps tree

salamanderx

Ok, my philosophy in pvp is to living longer is the best way to increase my damage output and help my team. With that said I feel like a healer build would take away too much from my onslaught so thats out (someone convince me otherwise...?)

In spite of the best defense being a good offense, sometimes the opposite is true, so this is looking primarily at both the ability to get out of "sticky situations" using cc or movement buffs, or pure damage mitigation increases.

My question is which do you think has the best abilities for surviving, gunnery or assault.

Heres my thoughts:

Gunnery:

Charged barrier -10% damage max (with 5 stacks) - pure damage mitigation always good but I doubt this would save you much.

Concussive force - Stockstrike knockback - this could be very good especially used near ledge

Tenascious defence - 10sec off Conc charge cooldown - I think this is our top escape ability, sounds good

Kolto Rechage - 7% health return - instant self heal is good as mitigation and its reactive

Cover fire - full auto snares - snare is good though this is primarily for someone approaching you since its channelled

Assault:

Sweltering heat - plasman cell snares - not exactly sure on the mechanic of this

Degauss - removes movement impairments - this could be a lifesaver since death usually follows cc

Reflexive shield - Hits reduce CD for reactive shield by 1.5 sec - again not sure how useful reactive shield is

Generally a lot more recharging talents

Not having tried the mechanics of the commando I'm not really sure which would be best, maybe the recharging talents from Assault really weigh heavier than I would think. The reality is often different than you might think.

Edited by salamanderx