Assassin Tank relic question

ZentheSecond

Taken from the dipstik post;

SHADOW RELICS:

healing does 634/23 s... need 4519+ dps to make any relic better than healing relic (see table of dps values)

I'm just curious as to the dps he's referring to. I presume it is dps of the enemies/bosses/etc?

Also, is it possible to get a link to the table of dps values? I have yet to find it...

(edit)Also!

What types of attacks can be shielded and what types can not shielded, and those that can't be (if they exist) can they be deflected/parried?

Edited by ZentheSecond

I'm just curious as to the dps he's referring to. I presume it is dps of the enemies/bosses/etc?

The DPS s/he's referring to is the incoming damage post mitigation, so the incoming damage you'll actually *experience*. This listed number, iirc, is only actually eclipsed on one fight atm (can't remember which) and, even then, it's just *barely* over the listed value such that the healing relic is still *really* strong.

Sweet thanks...

And added another question;

What types of attacks can be shielded and what types can not shielded, and those that can't be (if they exist) can they be deflected/parried?

Basically out of curiosity in that. I have plenty of comms being a tank I can get my hands on them easily. And was wondering if I should look into keeping other relics on hand (like the on-hit absorb relic and the on-hit defense relic) for bosses that are more favored to a specific type of damage. Just something to make a healers job a little easier and my job staying alive easier.... *shrugs*

There are 3 fundamental types of attacks: M/R attacks (which deal K/E damage), F/T K/E attacks, and F/T I/E attacks. M/R attacks can be dodged or shielded (so Shield, Abs, and Def all apply). F/T K/E attacks can only be resisted or shielded (resist chance only comes from talents or set bonuses so the only stats you can get that improves this are Shield and Abs). F/T I/E attacks can only be resisted (so none of the tank stats are particularly useful against them).

In general, a vast majority of attacks are M/R (iirc, dipstik said it was roughly 80% weighted for damage dealt) with a smaller portion being F/T K/E (something like just short of 20%), and only the smallest margin of F/T I/E attacks (~1%). Even though Defense is less generally useful, because it has a smoother DR curve, you'll still stack a good deal of it.

I can't think of any fights with the exception of Kephess the Undying that are primarily F/T attacks of any kind. That's the only fight I can think of where the ratio of incoming damage is skewed enough that it might be worth it to swap out the defense relic for the abs relic, though, in all honesty, it's not a big enough concern to bother with unless you're *really* focused on making sure your relics are appropriate for each fight. Most tanks are just content to get their gear designed around the average incoming damage ratio: you won't be absolutely optimal for any one fight, but you won't have to change your gear for every single fight.

Ok, so as an Assassin Tank, I would want the following Arkanian relics?

Arkanian Relic of Shield Amplification: Shielding an incoming attack grants 510 Absorb Rating for 6 seconds.

Arkanian Relic of Ephemeral Mending: Healing an ally has a 50% chance to restore an additional 580 health or 3 seconds.

Also, I've noticed in the two main tank stats threads (KBN and Dipstik), there is rarely mention of Accuracy rating. Should the only stat (aside from main stats of course) I see on any of my gear be Defense, Shield, and Absorb? Some of the Black Market gear has accuracy on it by default, and i'm trying to figure out if I should replace them.

Sorry for the newb questions, I'm trying to get my stuff right. Thank you.

Shield Amplification:

Ephemeral Mending:

Also, I've noticed in the two main tank stats threads (KBN and Dipstik), there is rarely mention of Accuracy rating.

Ephemeral Mending and Fortunate Redoubt (defense proc) are the two.

and yes, accuracy (and alacrity) are wasted stats for tank gear.

And the only noob question is the one you don't ask :D

Thank you for responding.

Where do I find the Arkanian version of Fortunate Redoubt? I only see it vendor listed as Underworld. On AskMrRobot.com, it says its artifice crafted, but I can't figure out where it originates, as far as schematic drop, or the item directly dropping itself.

So the self heal we get from are charge can proc the healing relic? I am just about to hit 55 and trying to figure out what I should get for relics and which one is more beneficial. Any advice would be helpful.

Ktiru i have a question for you. :D

So far what i got on my Sin tank atm is

HP - 37768

DR - 34.95%

Def - 23.71% (578)

Absorb - 40.88% (775)

Shield - 35.29% (729)

the relics i am using is Partisan relic of fortunate redoubt (proc def 410) and Proc Underworld relic of shield amp. (550 absorb).

I am using high end mods(robust 31b and 30b ..i got 4 left to replace for just 30 and 31 robust mods) atm and im actually working to switching them out for more mitigation then HP overall. I was wondering. i thought about switch the proc def relic for a clicky shield+absorb relic then going back to the healing emp relic? Whats your thoughts on that? I also wanna make sure im heading in the right way with my stats from what i saw from KBN ratings that have changed since i last looked (pts wise) that i need more absorb close to 861 and def close to 450.

Thanks!

Khanduras :wea_01:

i thought about switch the proc def relic for a clicky shield+absorb relic then going back to the healing emp relic? Whats your thoughts on that?

My personal BiS is the Fortunate Redoubt proc and the Ephemeral Mending relic, so I would recommend using those. I'm not particularly fond of the use relics any more, if only because tank swaps don't really occur as often or intensely as they did before. There might be a few fights where it's better, but I wouldn't make it part of my standard loadout.

As to using the Partisan Relic of Fortunate Redoubt, you'll get more out of the Arkanian Abs proc relic you can buy with basic coms, even if it's nominally the "wrong" one. Just wait til Thrasher deigns to drop a Fortunate Redoubt to swap it out (the only reason Fortunate Redoubt is better than Shield Amplification is because of the passive Def rather than passive Power; the increase in proc size between the Partisan and the Arkanian is actually less than the passive benefits).

My personal BiS is the Fortunate Redoubt proc and the Ephemeral Mending relic, so I would recommend using those. I'm not particularly fond of the use relics any more, if only because tank swaps don't really occur as often or intensely as they did before. There might be a few fights where it's better, but I wouldn't make it part of my standard loadout.

As to using the Partisan Relic of Fortunate Redoubt, you'll get more out of the Arkanian Abs proc relic you can buy with basic coms, even if it's nominally the "wrong" one. Just wait til Thrasher deigns to drop a Fortunate Redoubt to swap it out (the only reason Fortunate Redoubt is better than Shield Amplification is because of the passive Def rather than passive Power; the increase in proc size between the Partisan and the Arkanian is actually less than the passive benefits).

Ah alright that make's sense. I guess ill be farming Thrasher and DG in tfb hm for underworld relics :) Thanks kitru!

Edited by kdibuz