Sharpshooter/Saboteur Spec and Rotation from mmomechanics.com

-Sev

I thought I would post this as they only have the one for the MM/Eng mirror class.

Spec

And then here is the stacking-graph

Damage rotation converted with their terminology dictionary. Can someone tell me if this is correct?

Burst Dps Rotation

1. Xs Frighter flyby

2. Sabotage Charge

3. Aimed Shot

4. Shock Charge

5. Quick Draw

6. Vital Shot

7. Trick Shot

8. Aimed Shot

9. Speed Shot

10. Charged Burst

11. Thermal Grenade

12. Quick Shot

13. Sweeping Gunfire

14. Flurry of Bolts

15. Flourish Shot

Max Dps, little energy useage

1. Sabotage Charge

2. Trick Shot

3. Quick Draw

4. Aimed Shot

5. Speed Shot

6. Xs Frighter Flyby

7. Shock Charge

8. Quick Draw

9. Vital Shot

10. Charged Burst

11. Quick Shot

12. Thermal Grenade

13. Sweeping Gunfire

14. Flourish Shot

I could not find anything like this on the smuggler forum so I thought I would post one

I run a SS/Sab build and enjoying it quite well.

Same as the build here, except I invested in Lay low/Pillbox instead of No Holds/Lethality. I like to PVP and I think the hunker down cooldown is well worth it.

The rotations altogether look weird...here are just a few problems

1. why is flourish shot last...I would think it would be first/second since it gives -armor/heal debuff

2. not the best to start with aimed shot. You ideally want to use Aimed Shot after Speed Shot/Charged Burst to take advantage of the reduced cast time...

3. You can't start a rotation with Trick Shot... It is only available a few seconds after Aimed Shot/Charged Burst..

4. Quick Draw can only be used on targets with less than 30% life...so why is it high in the rotation... But you do want to use it whenever it is available

...theres probably more stuff to point out

I'd like to point out that those ability lists in the compendium are not suggested rotations. They're just lists of abilities to prioritize based on the situation.

For the maximum sustained DPS rotation, look a little further down the page (to here).

SS – AS – TS ––– X – X – CB – TS ––– X – X – CB – TS

Where X indicates a filler ability, such as XS Freighter Flyby, Sabotage Charge, Vital Shot, Flourish Shot, etc.

If you're looking for maximum burst DPS, you should prioritize abilities more-or-less based on their DPCT, while keeping in mind that several of the high-DPCT abilities are DoTs, which are only as time-efficient as listed if the burst window is long enough to contain all or most of their ticks.

What I have found is a set rotation generally goes out the window the moment the fight starts. After that once it is off CD I'll use it but be mindful of which abilities to use in order if you have two or more come off CD. Not so much a rotation but a priority list it should be called.

I'd like to point out that those ability lists in the compendium are not suggested rotations. They're just lists of abilities to prioritize based on the situation.

For the maximum sustained DPS rotation, look a little further down the page (to here).

SS – AS – TS ––– X – X – CB – TS ––– X – X – CB – TS

Where X indicates a filler ability, such as XS Freighter Flyby, Sabotage Charge, Vital Shot, Flourish Shot, etc.

If you're looking for maximum burst DPS, you should prioritize abilities more-or-less based on their DPCT, while keeping in mind that several of the high-DPCT abilities are DoTs, which are only as time-efficient as listed if the burst window is long enough to contain all or most of their ticks.

I had done a translation of this piece into Republic terms for my guild--its quite useful. I usually open with flourish shot to get the armor debuff before entering into the above rotation. Really quite effective.

What I have found is a set rotation generally goes out the window the moment the fight starts.

It shouldn't. Keeping up the rotation Tibbel posted is the best way to maximize your DPS on boss encounter.