Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don Meredith was right

OlBuzzard
12.06.2016 , 07:06 PM | #1
Turn out the lights .... the party's over!
Old Gmail account for WoW: reactivated
Cataclysm disk: reloaded
Account update: initialized
Latest XP: purchased

Current status of SWTOR account: unknown. Unable to play game due to graphics bug. (See appropriate forum for details). No response from inquiries. (either unable to respond or unwilling to respond).
Standing by to initiate final decision.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

DrewFromPhilly
12.06.2016 , 10:12 PM | #2
I actually tried wow this week and I don't see how it's as big as it is. It's garbage.

I mean for all of SWTOR's flaws, at least the combat feels smooth and responsive while everything in WoW just feels antiquated, slow, and clunky.

Have you tried GW2? That is the only MMO that really kept me away from swtor for a while
Unsubscribed (Founder, Jan 2012 - Jan 2017) and uninstalled

Ralei
12.06.2016 , 10:17 PM | #3
Who Don Meredith?

OlBuzzard
12.06.2016 , 10:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralei View Post
Who Don Meredith?
One of the best QB's that Dallas Cowboys ever had ... aside from Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. (Yeah ... I'm really showing my age here!)

Ralei
12.06.2016 , 10:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
One of the best QB's that Dallas Cowboys ever had ... aside from Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. (Yeah ... I'm really showing my age here!
What a QB?

Dweessies
12.06.2016 , 10:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
One of the best QB's that Dallas Cowboys ever had ... aside from Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. (Yeah ... I'm really showing my age here!
And Dandy Don wasn't a bad color guy either, when he could play off of Faultless Frank and Humble Howard.

[good lord, really showing my age there]
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Define "interesting".
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

OlBuzzard
12.06.2016 , 10:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
I actually tried wow this week and I don't see how it's as big as it is. It's garbage.

I mean for all of SWTOR's flaws, at least the combat feels smooth and responsive while everything in WoW just feels antiquated, slow, and clunky.

Have you tried GW2? That is the only MMO that really kept me away from swtor for a while
I cant say that I have.
BTW: I would prefer that I could still play the game. But due to a graphics bug I can't. I did post some detailed information in the appropriate forum. But there has been no real answer. Another player suggested messing with the INI files ... that's not going to happen. Everything was fine prior to the latest release. I was able to enjoy the game with all of the graphics on the "high" setting. But for whatever reason those can no longer be changed (for some of us). Please see the post in the "BUG" forums.
It should also be noted that I did enjoy the KotFE section. It was fine. But when this sort of thing occurs there is simply nothing I can do.
When it is obvious that things occur that I can not change then I must make decisions that deal with those changes to the best of my ability.
I hope to one day return to the game.
Besides: I recently re-connected to a couple of old friends we use to game with back in the old SFC (Star Fleet Command ) days!
Hopefully a part of the game one day will include repeatable instances or quests that we can play with those friends once again!
Oh well ... perhaps one day!
But for now I just forked over $50 to Blizzard ... I'll see what shakes out!

OlBuzzard
12.06.2016 , 10:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dweessies View Post
And Dandy Don wasn't a bad color guy either, when he could play off of Faultless Frank and Humble Howard.

[good lord, really showing my age there]
YUP ! Dandy Don was in fact Don Meredith !

hehehehe !!
Me thinks we're BOTH giving away our age!

Damedius
12.06.2016 , 10:49 PM | #9
They did the same thing in the last WoW expansion as they did here.

RnG grind for everything, even crafting. I unsubbed.

mfourcustom
12.06.2016 , 11:02 PM | #10
well to be fair wows new xpac the bosses have set loot tables but its RNG what drops for you off said boss.. Could be the one trinket you needed off that boss could be nothing could be the same helm you've had for 2 months lol

But wow is for sure the far better MMO only problem i've had with wow is it starts to feel like a job after awhile depending on your guild of course.