Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
03.22.2018 , 03:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Changed / Missing Objectives
This feedback was most commonly expressed from PvP’ers who saw a daily objective for winning a Warzone, but not one for participating. Our plan to combat the old system’s homogenization was to spread out all Objectives. This week may not have participation as an Objective, but it isn’t gone, it is just in a different Conquest. However, this information was not clear and breaks too far from the old system.
Plan: We are going to add a repeatable GSF and Warzone Participation Objective into all Conquest weeks. This will go into our next patch (possibly next week).

Punishing to Alts // Legacy
With the rebalance of Objective points and the reclassification of some Objective types, there is some concern over the ability for a player with multiple characters in a Legacy to be competitive in Conquests. Additionally, there are similar concerns for folks with characters within a Legacy in more than one Guild.
Plan: One initial step to resolve this is the lowering of the Conquest targets as highlighted above. Also, by adding more repeatable Objectives (like PvP participation) as noted, this should give players more ways to gain points and make it easier to achieve targets. Beyond that we will continue to monitor data and your feedback to seek other possible changes in 5.9 and beyond.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
The PvP adjustment is GREAT!!! Thank you for that...but...this system is still too punishing to alts. SWTOR is an entire game of ALTS Eric...you've either got to make everything count towards the Legacy (Legacy CXP, Legacy Conquest points) or allow us to play alts equally. You're absolutely punishing players who have alts.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Stellarcrusade
03.22.2018 , 03:10 PM | #22
Hey folks,
New UI Confusion
There definitely is some confusion around the iconography in the new UI, especially for Objectives. For quick reference right now, Yellow icon means infinitely repeatable, Blue means daily repeatable, no icon means once per week.
For no icon, is that once per week per legacy, or each character, or is that a mix? If it is a mix, please provide another symbol to clarify. I guess same question for the daily repeatable, if there is any daily repeatable stuff thats only daily for the legacy (not char) it should have its own symbol.

side note: I'd like to see only whats available to a character, not whats already "completed".

SNy-lotrolinux
03.22.2018 , 03:10 PM | #23

Plan: We are going to lower the Personal Conquest target to 15,000 per week (down from 20,000). We are also adjusting the Planetary Yield Targets to be:
  • Small is now 200,000 (down from 460,000)
  • Medium is now 550,000 (down from 1,380,000)
  • Large is now 1,130,000 (down from 2,530,000)
So... you're saying that you didn't even do the math before you came up with this?

And here I thought I'd seen it all back when I played. LotRO.
You haven't hired the people Turbine/SSG got rid of, have you? Would fit right in with this mess.

MacCleoud
03.22.2018 , 03:10 PM | #24
Also, just wanted to run some supply numbers at you. If you start with no War Supplies and you want to make 1 invasion each day for five days on 4 crafters (20 total here) You will need the following mats

320 Grade 9 Mats
320 Grade 8 Mats
320 Grad 7 mats
320 grade 6 mats
480 Grade 5 Mats
480 Grade 4 Mats
640 Grade 3 mats
640 Grade 2 mats

This comes to a total of 5200 items to be farmed. Just wanted to throw that out there as you look at the Crafting piece.

Also adding another bit about the daily/weekly Flashpoints as well.

ShadowGovernator
03.22.2018 , 03:10 PM | #25
Roll-back 5.8!!!
Stop waiting our time and money with a half-assed system!

calypsissmexy
03.22.2018 , 03:11 PM | #26
Wow, this sounds like a reasonable response to the criticism.

I'm hoping some of these simple changes will be immediate or within a week like changing point targets and adding more infinitely repeatables. Y'all gotta make this fun again and right now it is not.

EricMusco
03.22.2018 , 03:13 PM | #27 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
What about flashpoints for players who liked to use those as an avenue for conquest?
Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:
  • Group Finder: Operations
  • Group Finder: Flashpoints
  • PvP: Participation and Winning
  • GSF: Participation and Winning
It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

streunekatze
03.22.2018 , 03:14 PM | #28
so daily fps will come back... yay. I loved doing those.
I'm looking forward to the changes. This week I'll be happy if I manage the goal on at least on of my chars. (and that with the bug that gave me 10k free points) *sigh*

Edit: also isn't the Master Compendium a bit expensive. I mean for 4.25mio I can buy a loooot of gifts to feed to my companions.

ThomasStarWars
03.22.2018 , 03:15 PM | #29
Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:
  • Group Finder: Operations
  • Group Finder: Flashpoints
  • PvP: Participation and Winning
  • GSF: Participation and Winning
It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric
repeatable flashpoints is good. thanks.

Lyshar
03.22.2018 , 03:16 PM | #30
So from what I'm getting the abysmally low repeatable coints remain? 71 WZ/GSF is still too high, for someone that has max SH bonus. Think about the new players you may hope to get in still. 177 matches & wait times in 6 days and likely the only thing they can do. Lets assume they need 30 mins to queue wait and play a match, that's 15 hours a day (leaves 9 hours to eat and sleep, but no time for work/school). Even if you assume instant pops it's a full time job, more or less.

Will have to see how GSF & WZ weeks will look. But overall I doubt this will fix anything.

Personal UI will need a lot more adjusting than you seem to think it does as well.

Planet requirements feel a step in the right direction.