Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

olagatonjedi
04.03.2018 , 03:27 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Your post is indeed TL;DR while I'm at work (maybe later ; ), but the highlighted part I need to comment on. My guild has over 800 characters in it, and over 200 "qualifying accounts", but we do not have the focus, as a guild, to even make the Medium Yield. Last week, only nine characters in my guild got their 15k points - as a guild we got 250k (about 60k on Sunday).

The size of the guild is not necessarily proportionate to their activity levels in Conquest. We're a friendly guild of casuals that promote Conquest (we reward the Top 3 non-officer Legacies), but don't force it (only two took our money last week - we didn't even have three regular members meet their personal Conquest goals). Solely looking at an account or character count would screw us something terrible.

There are other solutions, I think:
  1. Limit the number of Conquest Points a single character can earn (maybe not 15k, but not 100k either)
  2. Consider the Conquest activity of the Guild the previous week (if the Guild scores more than 50% over the Medium Yield's value one week, they can't invade the Small Yield target the next, for example)
  3. Put a ceiling on Guild points - ties for first, all those qualifying members in each Guild get their chievos and titles

Like I said, at work, so not much time at the moment to work through more options, but yeah. Don't limit my Guild to needing 1.13 million points based on headcount, please.
I believe the open invading system is fine, because each guild is still feeling itself out for where they should invade. Hopefully your guild made a discovery about its guild interest and capability with this new system, and applies that knowledge accordingly.

olagatonjedi
04.03.2018 , 03:30 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
"Conquest people" queue specifically to get alts through conquest. Or we did pre 5.8.
Now that it's so alt unfriendly, we're NOT queueing anymore.

That's fewer people queueing for PVP, for GF FPs, and even for GF ops (however infrequently you think it's done).
THAT means it takes longer for people not concerned about conquest for those queues to pop.
Especially for WZs and GSF.

I really hope you can understand how that happens.
Ask yourself if conquest didnt exist at all, would people queue?

olagatonjedi
04.03.2018 , 03:33 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
If their intent is to limit conquest by alts being in different guilds, then they should never have allowed us to put characters in multiple guilds and changed the guild member cap to accounts and not individual members. This game is designed around alts so we can see all of the stories, and legacy was one of the first things introduced after launch.
Just because the game, as a whole, is designed around alts, doesnt mean every aspect must be designed around alts. NIM content isnt alt friendly since it requires gearing up or mastering multiple toons. GF isnt alt friendly, ask the DPS toons in queue for hours. PvP isnt tank alt friendly when u have to create a new set of dps gear for your tank.

PorsaLindahl
04.03.2018 , 03:43 PM | #1004
Here's something for you guys at BW to take into consideration.

When you purchase a product and it has reviews and 8 out of 10 of those reviews are bad reviews, are you going to purchase that product or try to find a better product?

I hope you are ignoring all of the trolling that's being done in an attempt to discredit other's experiences and opinions.

olagatonjedi
04.03.2018 , 03:55 PM | #1005
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Here's something for you guys at BW to take into consideration.

When you purchase a product and it has reviews and 8 out of 10 of those reviews are bad reviews, are you going to purchase that product or try to find a better product?

I hope you are ignoring all of the trolling that's being done in an attempt to discredit other's experiences and opinions.
Reviews on the web arent horrible.

Besides most intelligent people will try F2p and see if they enjoy it themselves, and it doesn't cost them anything.

Akevv
04.03.2018 , 04:00 PM | #1006
Old system, 15k in a few hours time.
New System, playing all day, less than 2k.

Seems legit...

SNy-lotrolinux
04.03.2018 , 04:50 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Honestly speaking, I never realized just how indepth conquest went. I have learned a ton about the old conquest system just by reading the criticisms and comparisons of that to the new system.
Sadly, the same thing can apparently be said about the people that designed this new, "improved" version of it.

SNy

PennyAnn
04.03.2018 , 07:21 PM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
"Conquest people" queue specifically to get alts through conquest. Or we did pre 5.8.
Now that it's so alt unfriendly, we're NOT queueing anymore.

That's fewer people queueing for PVP, for GF FPs, and even for GF ops (however infrequently you think it's done).
THAT means it takes longer for people not concerned about conquest for those queues to pop.
Especially for WZs and GSF.

I really hope you can understand how that happens.
Reading his quote of me makes me LOL because no, he does not understand.
Pain is inevitable, suffering is not.
My Referral Link

PennyAnn
04.03.2018 , 07:28 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
You do realize that you're supporting someone who is deliberately stating she doesn't want to help the community because she has nothing to gain from it, right? If conquest wasnt here, she has essentially stated that she wouldnt participate.

Sounds like swtor is not for her.
You do not speak for me, nor do you even correctly interpret my words. Just stop.

Played every single part of this game and have been paying to play it since December 20, 2011. Clearly, SWTOR is not for me...

Pain is inevitable, suffering is not.
My Referral Link