Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdjeYo
07.13.2015 , 04:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ethior View Post
2-Piece: While Tactical Medicine is active Kolto Probes that expire on targets will leave an Exhausted Kolto Probe(max 1) that would heal for 10% of a Kolto Probe for half the time of a normal KP, doesn't crit. If Kolto Probe or Surgical Probe is applied to someone with EKP the EKP instantly heals for its remaining healing and is transformed into a KP(normal limit for KPs apply here).
4-Piece: Using Kolto Infusion(or maybe Scamper instead?) makes your next Kolto Infusion cost 10 energy and a moving cast. Lasts 15seconds. CD 30(45)seconds.
6-Piece: When you use Cloaking Screen all of your current Kolto Probes apply all of their remaining heal and turn into EKPs(this time 2 if the character had 2 KPs before cloaking). Healing by EKP doesn't put you in combat(or they don't tick while you are in stealth).

I won't even try to balance the right numbers, percentages, timers. I'm sure you guys will do better job. I just wanted to give you a few ideas that would make one of the most boring healers for me just a bit more fun.
I say, keep the 4piece and the 6piece coming in 3.3. Make the 2piece grant EKP when KP runs out. Make it not do any, or very little, healing, but when you kolto probe someone with EKP it should give 2 stacks of KP.

technomagelight
07.13.2015 , 06:07 PM | #22
I don't know if I'm missing something, but the listed 6 piece set bonuses don't match up with the in-game ones. Currently, the 6 piece is "Reduces the cooldown of Kolto Waves by 1 second" which is next to useless. Please tell me if I missed something.

AdjeYo
07.13.2015 , 06:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by technomagelight View Post
I don't know if I'm missing something, but the listed 6 piece set bonuses don't match up with the in-game ones. Currently, the 6 piece is "Reduces the cooldown of Kolto Waves by 1 second" which is next to useless. Please tell me if I missed something.
It will be changed in 3.3

Pizza_boy
07.13.2015 , 06:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TeenageGnome View Post
The 2 piece and 6 piece are fine but the 4 piece does need to be looked at. This ability costs 20 energy and is on a 9 second cooldown. Reducing its cost by 2 means it only uses 18 energy, and since the ability has a 9 second cooldown (or 8. something depending on your alacrity) you are only using 2 less energy every once and a while. This reduction in energy is so miniscule that you are better off running (before 3.3) a 2 piece old and 2 piece new and using the other set bonuses on a different class or spec. I would much rather have this either changed to something completely different or put on an ability that is frequently used without a cooldown.
Agreed here.... 2 and new 6 piece are great... 4 piece imo is not all that much of a bonus for operatives... maybe put in something that increases heals for a certain amount of time or buffs healing of an ability like surg probe/ emergency medpac or reduces energy cost of those skills?
Laet, Operative Heals
Stėve Rogers, Legendary Supersoldier
<Failure>
<That's Toxic>

TyrannisWP
07.13.2015 , 11:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jauvtus View Post
4 piece - wouldnt it worth for scrapper/concealment to have only 2piece dps set bonus and get a 3rd roll?
Yes because our 2 piece and 4 piece are pretty much worthless (1% dps gain and 2 energy off of an already almost free ability) so I would run this 4 piece and then 2 piece OLD pve set bonus of 15% more crit on backblast/backstab. This is in pvp of course. Having three rolls would be almost game breaking in pvp in a lot of scenarios from my experience.

I've posted this on multiple other set bonus threads but I feel like the entire set bonus system needs an overhaul. Almost every dps class has the same set bonuses. It's 1% dps increase 10% off of some abilities cost and your auto crit. Only a few dps classes have any real set bonus but most are just these super generic set bonuses that have no effect on the class or how it plays what so ever. Healing set bonuses are pretty solid but the dps and tank ones are in a pretty sad state since 3.0 set bonuses were introduced.
Entity

hazkep
07.14.2015 , 05:26 PM | #26
2-pieces: same
4-pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds. (old 6 pieces)
6-pieces: Each critical hit of Kolto Waves during its duration has a 30% chance to grant mini Kolto Probe on affected target healing the same amount as normal Kolto Probe per tick, but for half duration (9 seconds). Stacks with normal Kolto Probes (and doesn't refresh duration of existing Kolto Probe), cannot affect any target more than once.

AdjeYo
07.14.2015 , 07:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by hazkep View Post
2-pieces: same
4-pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds. (old 6 pieces)
6-pieces: Each critical hit of Kolto Waves during its duration has a 30% chance to grant mini Kolto Probe on affected target healing the same amount as normal Kolto Probe per tick, but for half duration (9 seconds). Stacks with normal Kolto Probes (and doesn't refresh duration of existing Kolto Probe), cannot affect any target more than once.
The 6piece you're suggesting will make our hps even higher, which we really don't need, something that helps with burst dps would be much nicer. Maybe they could move the insta crit from the 2piece to stim boost, so we can actually control when we want the burst, at the cost of a longer cooldown. I also like the idea of making Kolto Probe leave a residue when it finishes which will give the person 2 stacks of Kolto Probes when you Kolto probe him, that would be really nice, since we would still be able to burst heal someone even if he lost his 2 stacks of kolto probes.

tunnelhottie
07.14.2015 , 08:20 PM | #28
2-Piece: Same

4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds ( other 4-piece bonus is worthless because energy management is going to be better anyway with new patch).

6-Piece: 10% passive resist to interrupts for 5 seconds. Can only accrue once every 45 seconds.

Icebergy
07.14.2015 , 09:18 PM | #29
The 4p and 6p are both garbage. There is no incentive to use them over the old level 55 2p.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Excise
07.15.2015 , 06:12 AM | #30
It will be challenging to make exciting set bonuses that don't improve the character's job by more than 5%. Can the set bonuses assist with Survivability/Utility? Just as an example, could you have something that, say, lowers the timer on Scamper/Exfiltrate?
[[The real Revan wouldn't go crazy and kill the Emperor with an insane ceremony. The real Revan would get smashed on stims until his eyeballs bled, abuse the insane pathing AI, and reload the instant something went wrong. He would be unstoppable.]]