Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Up to Date Lethality guide?

memerobot
01.12.2018 , 06:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Also don't forget about the Circumvention utility for Holotraverse.

Generating TA on HT allows you to have a 5 CA round every 3 rotations, and with high enough alacrity and good timing you can squeze in 6 CA in the TB window when both Stim boost and Holotraverse are available.
That's actually pretty hard. And I believe you can get, at best, 5 TAs inside TB, no matter what order you use the ability. And Toxic Blast lasts for 10s (roughly longer than 6 GCDs but not enough to reach 7), assuming we are applying GCD of 1,5s. Toxic Blast is affected by alacrity as well, so even with shorter CDs, would be no different.

Shiv with Fatality = 2 TA
Toxic Blast = 1 TA
Sim Boost = 1 TA
Circumvention = 1 TA

If there's an alternative that can be used Off GCD, that's nice, but you'd have to use one ability to build TA inside TB, so yeah, 5. ^^

When the target already has the shiv debuff (trying to run away) you can also open a rotation with Dart>Grenade>HT>TB, and I also like to use that extra TA from HT immediately for Toxic haze.
I assume you are speaking PvE wise?

Mubrak
01.12.2018 , 06:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by memerobot View Post
That's actually pretty hard. And I believe you can get, at best, 5 TAs inside TB, no matter what order you use the ability. And Toxic Blast lasts for 10s (roughly longer than 6 GCDs but not enough to reach 7), assuming we are applying GCD of 1,5s. Toxic Blast is affected by alacrity as well, so even with shorter CDs, would be no different.
TB's active window stays at 10s, alacrity only affects the cooldown.

Quote: Originally Posted by memerobot View Post
I assume you are speaking PvE wise?
No, in this case PVP, mobs rarely try to kite me in PVE
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!
Remove the blue glow from stronghold-speeders!

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

memerobot
01.12.2018 , 06:30 AM | #13
TB's active window stays at 10s, alacrity only affects the cooldown.
Pretty sure it affects the duration, as well.
Edit: Verifiying it now
Edit 2: Result: Aparently it does remains as 10s ( Good to learn stuff! I thank you for calling it out ). Nevertheless, I wouldn't bother since you are more benefitted from using Lethal Strike's potential than Toxic Blast's potential and because it is impossible to get the 6th Corrosive Assault. Why? Simple answer: Right before you start using Corrosive Assault, you will want to use Lethal Strike to take advantage of the enhanced DPS that it gives for the bursts.

Basically like this :
Shiv -> 0 TA + (1 TA + Fatality) = 2 TA
Toxic Blast -> (1 TA + Fatality) + 1 = 3 TA /// Toxic Blast buff is up
Lethal Strike -> Lethal Strike buff is up
Corrosive Assault 3x -> 3 TA - 3 (from using Corrosive Assaults) = 0 TA
Stim Boosted Corrosive Assault -> 0 + 1 TA from SB = 1 TA -> 1 TA - 1(from using Corrosive Assault) = 0
Lethal Strike buff ends after this
HoloTraverse (proc TA) Corrosive Assault -> 0 + 1 TA from HT = 1 TA -> 1 TA - 1(from using Corrosive Assault) = 0 /// Toxic Blast will end in the next GCD after this one

After the HT + CA, you will have no more TA, thus no matter if you want to use an ability to build TA, you will be without Toxic Blast when the Corrosive Assault Burst comes.

Take note that I am NOT saying that Toxic blast is useless. It is just that Lethal Strike is a bigger opportunity for big damage. The ideal situation is having both up, of course.

No, in this case PVP
I don't think the HoloTraverse utility ( or whatever its called lol ) is that good. You could be sacrificing a lot, in other departments, if you ask me, but that's me. I usually take the Stim Boost heal + damage reduction Utility and Blow for Blow.

SunriderEX
01.15.2018 , 03:41 PM | #14
What about gear? Has it changed much?
“These are the last miles, my friend. Don't look to me to save you. Run if you have the wit. Pray if you have the soul. Stand your ground if courage is yours. But do not follow me. Follow me, and I will break your heart.” - First Odessian Empress Katherynn Strayden, adressing Bey'wan Aygo prior to the Siege of the Core Worlds circa 24 ATC.

memerobot
01.15.2018 , 04:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SunriderEX View Post
What about gear? Has it changed much?
I usually take +1860 alacrity and crit around +1700 with a bit of accuracy just to make sure you don't miss.