How to Min/Max PvP Bolster / Expertise / Stats

TheWarbeast

What is BiS for PvP set up?

After some research Im even more confused now then before.

Is it all PvE gear left side and PvP gear right side replacing 3 mods with lower level ones and removing MH/OH expertise crystals with power crystals to get 2018 bolster?

Is it true that having a FULL SET of ranked WZ gear is worse then half PvE half PvP?

A 2 piece PvE set bonus and rest PvP is best?

There has to be some generic formula that give max bolster/expertise/stats.

Edited by TheWarbeast

What is BiS for PvP?

Is it all PvE gear left side and PvP gear right side replacing 3 mods with lower level ones and removing MH/OH expertise crystals with power crystals to max bolster? Is it true that having a FULL SET of ranked WZ gear is worse then half PvE half PvP?

There has to be some generic formula that give max bolster/expertise/stats.

First Augmented Obraon>everything else period.

Some people will tell you that you can get this and that crafted whatever with such and such mods and doing so will get you 1% more bonus damage than Obroan, but those all leave you at 28k hp.

First Augmented Obraon>everything else period.

Some people will tell you that you can get this and that crafted whatever with such and such mods and doing so will get you 1% more bonus damage than Obroan, but those all leave you at 28k hp.

My operative uses two pieces of dread guard for bonus and I sit at 2018 exp with almost 31k health and 150 more cunning then BiS Obroan.

My operative uses two pieces of dread guard for bonus and I sit at 2018 exp with almost 31k health and 150 more cunning then BiS Obroan.

So you use full set ranked WZ gear all augmented with no lower mods or armoring and just 2 PvE pieces for a set bonus?

So you use full set ranked WZ gear all augmented with no lower mods or armoring and just 2 PvE pieces for a set bonus?

This is BiS in my eyes:

You only need 11 out of the 14 PvP pieces to get maximum EXP. This is only assuming you don't have any endgame PvE pieces equipped. I am still looking at one more trade to drip this number to 10 pieces, but for now these are the pieces you want:

All the moddable pieces, and relics.

Now I know Zoom said Obroan is better, but the key is how much better?

In the case of ears and implants, if you use crafted 54 purples, you still get maximum EXP and your bonus damage is virtually unchanged. e.g. I have a power heavy purple ear. I actually gained 2BD and .4 accuracy, but lost .2% crit, and .07% surge. HP was virtually the same.

This tells me that I wasted comms buying the highest tier endgame PvP ear piece. The stats are virtually a dead heat. So I guess the moral of the story is to buy the moddable PvP pieces and min/max, get the relics, and get crafted purples in ear and implants..

Profit...

Edited by L-RANDLE

lolwut

DG is rating 63 and Obroan is 67. Expertise is not factored into stat budgets anymore. There is no way DG will ever have more cunning unless you where using endurance high obroan and cunning high DG

I have a set of PvE gear in the bank. I took the chest into a WZ and watched my stats.

Expertise stayed the same. In theory, if I were to buy a bunch of the crafted purple 31 mods on the AH, I'd end up with more stats.

Wouldn't it be best, if you're looking for 3 pieces, to do a chest (armor rating), weapon (hilt/barrel damage) and maybe your offhand? I would try this myself but it would cost me 5 million credits to make one 31 PvE piece. lmao.

Crafted 31 Guardian Hilt: 168 damage rating, 79 Str, 84 End

Crafted 31 Might Hilt: 168 damage rating, 88 Str, 74 End

Advanced Might Hilt 29X (Obroan): 158 damage rating, 72 Str, 68 End

I don't see Endurance loss anywhere. All the crafted purple 31 mods have more Endurance, even the Might ones.

Crafted 31 Guardian Hilt: 168 damage rating, 79 Str, 84 End

Crafted 31 Might Hilt: 168 damage rating, 88 Str, 74 End

Advanced Might Hilt 29X (Obroan): 158 damage rating, 72 Str, 68 End

I don't see Endurance loss anywhere. All the crafted purple 31 mods have more Endurance, even the Might ones.

You won't get 2018 expertise using 31 hilts. And the obroan stuff gets bolstered to be just as good as the PvE Hilts in damage and force power anyway. Literally the only thing you can gain from using PvE hilts is the mainstat and the endurance.

For main/off hand Hilt/armoring - 69 hilt/arm 66 -mod 58 - ench = 2018 exp this > oboran with bolster ofc. And u can use it for armor, scoundrel for example 2 PvE set bonus and still 2018 exp and > oboran. But this is not for true PvP-s. True PvP-r doesn't abuse any bugs and doesn't use any hacks, only nasty girls use this.;) Edited by helpmewin

Any PvE gear level 63 and below will give you max expertise.

The only reasons to use it are

- You don't have conq gear yet

- You like the specific PvE set bonus better

Conq pieces is a nerf on ears and implants compared to crafted 54 purples. The only true upgrade is Obroan and its not much on those either as its only a few hundred HP gain, same bonus damage, and a few differences in tertiary stats, so it is much more viable to min/max the rest versus going full Conq. Save these pieces for last.

OW is the only place for full PvP gear to have an edge.

If full Obroan is still the best, and we can't get it without having full Conq first, wouldn't that stil be the best route then?

Z

Its not that simple. Getting Obroan is one thing, wearing Conq is another. You get significantly more mileage out of buying BiS Obroan than wasting time wearing/augmenting/minmaxing Conq, unless you are in OW a lot. I rarely leave fleet..

Edited by L-RANDLE

yes it can depend on your AC, the pvp bonuses for operatives/scoundrel are poor for DPS spec.

@ 2.0 PVE 61s bolstered the best

I've heard but not confirmed that 63 PVE gear bolsters better at this point in the game than 61s.

The way I've been gearing is grabbing a full set of 61s (because they are super easy to get) then replacing them with the Obroan pieces (just skipping Conquerer other than using them as tokens of course). Gearing the relics first, then main hand, then offhand...then the rest.

I have PvE weapons (mix of 66 and 61s) and I am running max expertise, 1,453 bonus damage, 20% critic and 30.5K HP. Rest all Obroan and some conqueror. Chaining my MH and OH to PvP will not yield any gain in damage (if not loss), they cost too much comms and I will only gain like 500 HP or so. Its not worth it for MH and OH. Every other piece Obroan is BiS, though PvE gear lvl 63 and below can defiantly fill in the gap, and might be used for PvE set bonuses.

Can some please just upload photos when you are in a warzones.

1 photo showing full min/maxed augmented obroan

1 photo with the desired pve changes

All this text is hard to believe watching people make different statements

What is it that puzzles you?

What is it that puzzles you?

There are so many different claims saying this works or that works. To add to that there are others claiming that what people said doesn't work.

It would make it easier for the reader and the person making the posts to upload screen shots and end the needless conversations