Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug fix and game polishing patch? Please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Bug fix and game polishing patch? Please?

CaptainLightz
02.20.2014 , 05:00 PM | #1
So, I'm suggesting the SWTOR team takes an extra amount of time to fix some of the glitches, bugs, and to just generally polish up the game nicely. So for instance, they could make a single clean up patch for a lot of the more obvious, frequently seen glitches. In a dev blog recently, they said they'd be taking more time to check for glitches, which I was really happy about. But what about fixing the current ones?

All of the extra content and Cartel Market additions have been great, but it would all be much more enjoyable if there were less glitches.

Some of the more obvious ones like: blasters clipping through longer chestguards when they're sheathed, same thing with lightsabers, texture glitches on character models.

Yes, basically it's the more cosmetic glitches that I would like to see fixed.

But still, I think it would be nice...

branmakmuffin
02.20.2014 , 06:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainLightz View Post
Imagine if they fixed item clipping, various other texture glitches, lag spikes, audio glitches, stat glitches, etc...

Agreed? Good!
You seem to be assuming that the fixes are along the lines of adding "CauseClipping=0" to an .INI file.

CaptainLightz
02.20.2014 , 06:38 PM | #3
No, I know it's quite a lot of work.
And by clipping I was referring to things like weapon clipping.
And no I don't mean all clipping but just a some of the more obviously.

CaptainLightz
02.20.2014 , 07:01 PM | #4
Also I meant to imply that it would lead to a near-glitch-free swtor.

Kilikaa
02.20.2014 , 07:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainLightz View Post
Also I meant to imply that it would lead to a near-glitch-free swtor.
There will never be a near glitch free game. No matter how much time they spend on fixing bugs and glitches they will never come close to getting them all. What you are suggesting would also require a lot of time and resources. Time and resources that would not be spent on new content, which will lead to a lot of upset players because they won't be getting their content in a timely fashion.

The devs fix what they can, when they can. Sadly we just have to live with the bugs and other issues we have had since launch. It would be nice to have a glitch free, or near glitch free, game but that will never happen.

CaptainLightz
02.20.2014 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
There will never be a near glitch free game. No matter how much time they spend on fixing bugs and glitches they will never come close to getting them all. What you are suggesting would also require a lot of time and resources. Time and resources that would not be spent on new content, which will lead to a lot of upset players because they won't be getting their content in a timely fashion.

The devs fix what they can, when they can. Sadly we just have to live with the bugs and other issues we have had since launch. It would be nice to have a glitch free, or near glitch free, game but that will never happen.

Yeah, that's true. I just hope they'll fix the most obvious glitches soon. Idk, make them higher on their list of priorities.

welzy
02.20.2014 , 07:55 PM | #7
EA won't give the team the budget for that, they only will improve the game if they see a profit in it and sadly their would be none. maybe bioware will set aside some money in the budget to bring out a big patch and bug fix in the future but as many know EA cut their budget for this game after it went free to play they have lost faith in it and it is likely that we will never see the game improve by much