[HARD] False Emp bug, Im sure it's known, but share your exp w/ customer service.

TLDR at bottom of post.

So this evening I run my second hardmode since gearing after 50, False Emperor. 2 to 3 hours of clearing, we did have a couple issues with the bonus boss, but nonetheless got to the final boss. When the boss was at 2% I was the random knockback target, which barely knocked me off the bridge. The death via bridge took me directly to the loading screen, and once it cleared, the boss was dead. I tried to zone back in, I was locked out.

This screwed me out of many things, my class columni chest token as the worst(yes mine actually dropped), columni commendations, no chance at the BOP crafting material(which I really need) and mission completions for the hardmode mission/daily/weekly. I have sent in a ticket requesting in game compensation for each of the above items from which I was denied. In game compensation meaning the token, commendations, mission completions and crafting material, NOT CREDITS/CURRENCY! We'll see what happens.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game, despite all the negative criticism it has widely recieved in the past few weeks. Most of the bugs that are complained about do not bother me as I realize unlike most that this is a new MMO, and has a ways to go before it's completely polished. It helps that I love Star Wars to begin with. This specific bug however, is the first one that has truly given me a negative experience in this game. So much that I have a lot of considerations to make depending on how it and I are/is treated in regards to potential compensation. I'm not one of those idiots who will come on the forums wanting a refund for the actual game itself or subscription time, but it's the first time I've actually considered if this game is worth 15 dollars a month of my hard earned money, if this is what I have to deal with. 3 hours of my time for nothing. Well let me take that back, I got 3 or 4 tionese crystals......woopty doo.

I've always been a PvE'er in every MMO i've played. Occassionally I'll pvp, but I prefer PvE content. My time is also very precious as I work 40 to 60 hours a week, and do ALOT with local animal rescues/shelters. So when I do have the time, and give it to SWTOR, I would expect that as long as the successful efforts are put forth towards the endeavors I seek, that the rewards will be there upon completion. What is the point of PvEing in an MMO you pay monthly for when you get nothing. I know I'm kicking a dead horse, but just making my point.

For those interested, I will bookmark this thread, and return with the results of my ticket. I would also be interested to hear about anyone else who has experienced this issue, and what Bioware/customer service did for them specifically in regards to compensation. I would love to know, because if it's looking dismal as far as chances of recieving in game compensation, it would accellerate my decision making towards my future as a SWTOR republic player/customer.

TLDR; Beware of False Emperor, you may not get anything if you die at the last second of final boss. Awaiting response/action from BW or customer service on situation. May quit game/move on. Will update on ticket results. Please share stories/outcomes of similar/same experiences with this bug and results of your tickets with bioware&customer service.

TLDR at bottom of post.

So this evening I run my second hardmode since gearing after 50, False Emperor. 2 to 3 hours of clearing, we did have a couple issues with the bonus boss, but nonetheless got to the final boss. When the boss was at 2% I was the random knockback target, which barely knocked me off the bridge. The death via bridge took me directly to the loading screen, and once it cleared, the boss was dead. I tried to zone back in, I was locked out.

This screwed me out of many things, my class columni chest token as the worst(yes mine actually dropped), columni commendations, no chance at the BOP crafting material(which I really need) and mission completions for the hardmode mission/daily/weekly. I have sent in a ticket requesting in game compensation for each of the above items from which I was denied. In game compensation meaning the token, commendations, mission completions and crafting material, NOT CREDITS/CURRENCY! We'll see what happens.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game, despite all the negative criticism it has widely recieved in the past few weeks. Most of the bugs that are complained about do not bother me as I realize unlike most that this is a new MMO, and has a ways to go before it's completely polished. It helps that I love Star Wars to begin with. This specific bug however, is the first one that has truly given me a negative experience in this game. So much that I have a lot of considerations to make depending on how it and I are/is treated in regards to potential compensation. I'm not one of those idiots who will come on the forums wanting a refund for the actual game itself or subscription time, but it's the first time I've actually considered if this game is worth 15 dollars a month of my hard earned money, if this is what I have to deal with. 3 hours of my time for nothing. Well let me take that back, I got 3 or 4 tionese crystals......woopty doo.

I've always been a PvE'er in every MMO i've played. Occassionally I'll pvp, but I prefer PvE content. My time is also very precious as I work 40 to 60 hours a week, and do ALOT with local animal rescues/shelters. So when I do have the time, and give it to SWTOR, I would expect that as long as the successful efforts are put forth towards the endeavors I seek, that the rewards will be there upon completion. What is the point of PvEing in an MMO you pay monthly for when you get nothing. I know I'm kicking a dead horse, but just making my point.

For those interested, I will bookmark this thread, and return with the results of my ticket. I would also be interested to hear about anyone else who has experienced this issue, and what Bioware/customer service did for them specifically in regards to compensation. I would love to know, because if it's looking dismal as far as chances of recieving in game compensation, it would accellerate my decision making towards my future as a SWTOR republic player/customer.

TLDR; Beware of False Emperor, you may not get anything if you die at the last second of final boss. Awaiting response/action from BW or customer service on situation. May quit game/move on. Will update on ticket results. Please share stories/outcomes of similar/same experiences with this bug and results of your tickets with bioware&customer service.

This is not a bug

You're mean't to kill him at around 10% (he soft enrages casting force lightening and can be knocked back), you took the boss down to 2% because you have no clue how the fight works. You also died because you failed to have your back against/facing a wall. You want compensation (free gear) because you are a bad player or you will quit the game.

Ok, bye.

Edited by roverturbo

This happened to me on saturday night, only i wasnt knocked off by malgus, i was glitched through the floor by force leap. Boss was killed the second i got the loading screen and so got no quest rewards or the columi chest token that dropped. You will get no joy from customer support either mate, they will do nothing to resolve the issue, trust me i've tried, i even tried via twitter to get the issue resolved and itn now appears i'm being blocked and ignored.

As sentinel, i'de advise against paning your camera around to get a better view at range, because if you force leap you risk the chance of glitching through the floor. It's happened to me at least 5-7 times when on the stairs, but its the first time its ever happened near the pillars.

Anyway because of the terrible in game customer support and efforts of @swtor to keep me quiet on twitter, i've now cancelled my 2 swtor accounts.

This has been confirmed by BW on several occasions that this is working as intended. falling off the ledge or getting knocked off is a L2P issue, not a mechanic issue.

Every fight isn't supposed to be soloed by Hellen Keller. Please learn the encounters instead of crying about them.

I can't be sympathetic when, if you knew exactly how the fight works, he should have been pulled to the edge at ~12%, burned down to shift phase, and then knocked off. As a ranged class you have little to no excuse for getting smashed off the cliff into doom world.

So what you're saying is, a flawed game mechanic in the last 5 seconds of an encounter that strips players of the rewards for contributing to a group for 3 hours is ok if they are ranged? In reality, unless you've experienced this first hand yourself you have no opinion on the matter. You would be singing a completely different tune. I know how to play my class, I have been successful in many MMOs, and this is the first time I've ever experienced this in an MMO.

These ARE the kind of game designs that cause MMOs to lose subs.

This happened to me on saturday night, only i wasnt knocked off by malgus, i was glitched through the floor by force leap. Boss was killed the second i got the loading screen and so got no quest rewards or the columi chest token that dropped. You will get no joy from customer support either mate, they will do nothing to resolve the issue, trust me i've tried, i even tried via twitter to get the issue resolved and itn now appears i'm being blocked and ignored.

As sentinel, i'de advise against paning your camera around to get a better view at range, because if you force leap you risk the chance of glitching through the floor. It's happened to me at least 5-7 times when on the stairs, but its the first time its ever happened near the pillars.

Anyway because of the terrible in game customer support and efforts of @swtor to keep me quiet on twitter, i've now cancelled my 2 swtor accounts.

Thanks for responding with actually information pertaining to the original post instead of to typical insulting responses like "l2p" by people who have never had to go through this.

Its quite unfortunate, because it would be my wife and my sub, as well as 4 friends. It will be 6 subs total.

I'm not going to say that the False Emp fight probably couldn't use some adjustments, then again, if the team is familiar with the fight they know what the issues are and should be able to compensate for them easily.

TBH you are tossing a bit of a tantrum over what long term amounts to not much. It sucks, but its hardly the end of the world.

Thanks for responding with actually information pertaining to the original post instead of to typical insulting responses like "l2p" by people who have never had to go through this.

Its quite unfortunate, because it would be my wife and my sub, as well as 4 friends. It will be 6 subs total.

Let me get this straight... you do not understand how the end-fight in False Emporer works, due to this lack of knowledge you failed and now want the GMs to reward your failure. If they do not reward your failure you and 5 others are going to quit the game.

Have a good time in whatever new game you all choose, because I have a feeling you will not be staying here any longer.

Not a l2p comment, but why was the boss at 2%? at 10% he should be kb'd over the ledge to complete the kill, this sounds more like a group who did not know the fight than a bug. When nearing the 10% range(12%ish should suffice) the tank should drag him to the edge of the bridge and he should be knocked off when he enters the final phase at 10%.

Not a l2p comment, but why was the boss at 2%? at 10% he should be kb'd over the ledge to complete the kill, this sounds more like a group who did not know the fight than a bug. When nearing the 10% range(12%ish should suffice) the tank should drag him to the edge of the bridge and he should be knocked off when he enters the final phase at 10%.

He doesn't go into his final phase while he is in his 1vs1 challenge phase even if he gets bellow 10% so if dps is high enough its possible to kill him outright without having to go into the knockback phase at all. The OP's group had just under enough dps to do that which means the OP had to kite him to the bridge as he would have been in the 1 vs 1 and the FE would enter his final phase just after he pops out of the 1 vs 1. Though what can happen as the OP found out is he likes to do a knockback himself just after the 1 vs 1 and before registering that he needed to transition to the lighting phase.

Edited by Aestel

He doesn't go into his final phase while he is in his 1vs1 challenge phase even if he gets bellow 10% so if dps is high enough its possible to kill him outright without having to go into the knockback phase at all. The OP's group had just under enough dps to do that which means the OP had to kite him to the bridge as he would have been in the 1 vs 1 and the FE would enter his final phase just after he pops out of the 1 vs 1. Though what can happen as the OP found out is he likes to do a knockback himself just after the 1 vs 1 and before registering that he needed to transition to the lighting phase.

This pretty much sums it up, although 2% was just a guess-tamate. Our dps was really good. What all these l2p haters dont understand that this occured when the tank was moving the boss to the ledge he went into his 1v1 phase but i was stunned and not the kiter. When he pops out of the 1v1 phase he randomly switches targets, force charges then does the knockback. We fought the boss the entire time on the stairs until the final phase. It is complete RNG, and its real easy to degrade someone when they themselves have never been in this situation.

I was very angry last night, ive calmed down alot since then, but im still not sure if this game is worth to me, as fail mechanics like this completely take the fun out of the game. I dont know about everyone else, but iI play games for fun and fulfillment. Not to get angry or waste time. If you havent had this happen to you please refrain from posting your elitest nonsense(not directed at the quoted poster above, thx for a constructive response). The last ive ever dealt with garbage mechanics like this was in EQ.

Let me get this straight... you do not understand how the end-fight in False Emporer works, due to this lack of knowledge you failed and now want the GMs to reward your failure. If they do not reward your failure you and 5 others are going to quit the game.

Have a good time in whatever new game you all choose, because I have a feeling you will not be staying here any longer.

How do you get failure out of a bad mechanic? What other MMO have you played that denied you everything its entirety in a PVE encounter because u died at the end, although the collective still managed to clear the encounter?

My friends play with me with because ive gm'd and raid leaded multiple server top pve guilds in 3 different mmos. Not trying to be egotistical but they know when a game has problems bad enough that even someone as tolerant as I would leave, that its time to move themselves. I want this game to succeed, but depends how how they improve the game and fix bad mechanics/bugs. In previous mmos, when things like this happen they would at least mail you what was lost in game. Anyone who hasnt had problems like this are just lucky, it has nothing to do with skill.

All I can say is get over it and do it again tomorrow.

BioWare could care less if this makes you unhappy, they really could.

You got screwed out of some crap gear in a crap instance, nothing in their is worth loosing sleep over, NOTHING!.

And with all due respect, you don't know what anoying PvE bugs are in this game tell you try to clear Soa after every BW Patch. IT IS LIKE THEY BREAK THE BOSS EVERY TIME !!:eek:

How do you get failure out of a bad mechanic? What other MMO have you played that denied you everything its entirety in a PVE encounter because u died at the end, although the collective still managed to clear the encounter?

My friends play with me with because ive gm'd and raid leaded multiple server top pve guilds in 3 different mmos. Not trying to be egotistical but they know when a game has problems bad enough that even someone as tolerant as I would leave, that its time to move themselves. I want this game to succeed, but depends how how they improve the game and fix bad mechanics/bugs. In previous mmos, when things like this happen they would at least mail you what was lost in game. Anyone who hasnt had problems like this are just lucky, it has nothing to do with skill.

I have not had a single issue with this FP, the final fight is a joke. If you are failing it in the manner that you reported then you just need to learn the fight better. It is not even a "skill vs. un-skilled" situation, just learning when to move him, how to position yourself and when to knock him back. If you are as experienced as you say you are I am confused. This is basic stuff.

OP - I unfortunately had this happen to me too once - very frustrating when you've spent your time and efforts and credits repairing, etc to finally be denied credit for the flashpoint, loot, etc - so my sympathies. :(

While we wait for a fix these tips may help:

1. One of my party mentioned that if he died during a boss fight he just stays there dead hoping that the rest of the group manages to finish the kill.
  2. This may not work 100% as I only have one experience with this tip - if one of your party has died and respawned outside during which time the boss was killed - once the boss is dead - DO NOT LOOT :cool:. Wait till your party member comes back into the instance and then loot - in this case the member will also have access to loot but won't get quest credit for the flashpoint.

This happened to me once when I was tanking. It was annoying because I knew he was going to knock me back and he only managed to punt me off because he turned to another member right before turning back to me and decided to punt me sideways instead of backwards. I got knocked off and the rest of my group managed to knock him off. I got not loot.

You know what I did? Went in there again the next day and cleared it much quicker and reworked my strat to prevent the same issue.

You know what I didnt do? Run to the forums or customer support to cry about how the game cheated me out of loot. This isnt something that is impossible to beat, just gotta be smart about it. Man up, get a group together go in there and do it again, but this time work on your execution a bit and you should clear without any deaths.

Did you re-enter the instance before your party-mates looted? I had a similar thing happen on Foundry, but re-entered, and when they looted I was able to roll on the loot. Couldn't loot the chest for my tioneese crystal, but that was the only disadvantage. Sounds like you're blaming BW for something that was your party's fault.

This happened to me once as well, we got him into position, BAM, knockback throws me off the platform before I could get into postion as well. Got instagibbed/spawned outside the instance, party kills him during my loading screen. Naturally I was locked out and couldn't loot or get credit for finishing the instance.

I don't mind wiping/dying but at the VERY least let players re-enter the instance to loot after the boss has been killed. I submitted a ticket about this as well and received the typical 'lol u so dumb, we not giving you squat' response. As such I avoid that instance as much as I can until they can at least change the mechanic of locking you out of the/an instance if the boss happens to die on you during your loading screen.