1.7 Complete Fail?

xIphonex

You know I'm a pvper and I can not stand Ilum. I mean let's think here free for all with nothing to earn, are you kidding me? If that was the plan they should have just made another vendor for pvp vanity items. They should have allowed you to earn tokens per each kill and eventually be able to trade them in for the vanity items like I stated. I'm very disappointed in what they did. They screwed us (pvpers and pvers) over once again due to the fact the dailies are shared in a pvp zone. The reputation system seems neat but it still blows to even go to Ilum because I personally think killing without reward is boring as crap. Thanks Bioware! If something big does not happen in the expansion be prepared for the worst. You guys are going to have to figure out how to convert F2Pers into subs which is highly unlikely. I know there are others that may like Ilum or dislike, so feel free to comment on this thread!

-Chukles

Most rewarding thing I (we've) done today is kill a very large amount of people with orbs before they turned it in. It's unfortunate they've let us down once again but I strongly suggest you get a group together and camp the mid. Loads of fun... for us anyway.

2v5ing Ghost Infantry is fun but after killing the same people repetitively I lose interest.

I agree with Chukles... Ilum isn't any where near fun after about thirty mins, and I've never been a fan of being ganked while doing dailies so that is also a negative. (Thats why I sell molecular stabilizers. Lol)

Guess it's back to the Warzones... .-.

Edited by PeteyLo

I agree with PSI for sure. but gota say what chuk is saying makes sense. I meaned i enjoyed meeting all sorts of pubs while doing the quests and even found it cute/adorable when two sentinels in full PvE gear at 23k and 14khealth attacked me. But after 30mins i was entirely bored of the whole event. I saw novagoldfire n a few of his buddies ganking sum peeps...and imps were doing the same...It was fun but not for very long and certainly not sumthin im guna do EACh day. If this was bioware's attempt to Reignite ilum..sorry stil boring.

Back to warzones aswell then

-Ps -PSI thanks for the shout out in ur vid ;)

AKHILIO

OOTF/DEADWEIGHT

2v5ing Ghost Infantry is fun but after killing the same people repetitively I lose interest.

I agree with Chukles... Ilum isn't any where near fun after about thirty mins, and I've never been a fan of being ganked while doing dailies so that is also a negative. (Thats why I sell molecular stabilizers. Lol)

Guess it's back to the Warzones... .-.

Maybe you should bring more than 5 guildys if you want to compete with 2 of us :D

Hey, what a great way to sew discontent and hatred amongst the factions!!

Setup a World Event in a PVP zone and make it a free for all.

Awesome for faction unity & solidarity ...

They tried faction vs faction ilum before. Or have you forgotten already?

They tried faction vs faction ilum before. Or have you forgotten already?

And I spent every morning collecting boxes and fighting pubs. And it was glorious. And a nice side benefit was I developed some nice alliances / friendships in doing so.

I had no issue with Ilum other than it was a slideshow if you had more than 10 people in one spot. In fact myself and several others lament its loss all the time.

I went into the "pvp area" on ilum and discovered it was really a pvp-enable pve area. There's literally no pvp required to complete any of the quests, and you get like 5 quests of pve rewards and one quest gives you 100 regs comms (which I can just play 1 warzone to get in roughly the same time anyways).

So yes, we did go there and camp the pylon for a bit which got boring after like 15 minutes at which point everyone formed a line at the pylon and took turns putting their orbs in.

Oh and still no smash and bubble stun fix. Yeahhhhhhhhhh bioware.

I guess it's better than not having ilum, but meh.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I went into the "pvp area" on ilum and discovered it was really a pvp-enable pve area. There's literally no pvp required to complete any of the quests,.

How is no pvp required in the pvp area? I know one of the quests you can just farm mobs... but doesn't the other quest require you to run orbs to the beacon in the center of the map were everyone is flagged and fighting? I can see you doing the farm quest without engaging but not the orb quest...

I agree with the overall consensus in general... as a "pvp event" the pvp is lack luster... but I rather have a little pvp in my pve than nothing. :) The legacy weapons seem worth the grind there and getting in a few scraps while questing is a nice distraction.

Edited by Choffware

How is no pvp required in the pvp area? I know one of the quests you can just farm mobs... but doesn't the other quest require you to run orbs to the beacon in the center of the map were everyone is flagged and fighting? I can see you doing the farm quest without engaging but not the orb quest...

I agree with the overall consensus in general... as a "pvp event" the pvp is lack luster... but I rather have a little pvp in my pve than nothing. :) The legacy weapons seem worth the grind there and getting in a few scraps while questing is a nice distraction.

A lot of the instances were taking turns turning in orbs at the pylon. So when we saw these people we wiped them. Then they all raged about us killing imps, when they implemented ffa for a reason.

I have no problem with the whole fight over the pylon thing as some pretty decent fights came out of it. But attacking someone who's attacking a group of mobs is just uncalled for. Mobs in a PVP area probably wasn't the best idea on Biowares part.

A lot of the instances were taking turns turning in orbs at the pylon. So when we saw these people we wiped them. Then they all raged about us killing imps, when they implemented ffa for a reason.

If you're red... you're dead. The pvp portion is totally optional don't go there if you don't want to die. I tried to solo the orb quest on my level 48 sorc... didn't get a single orb... didn't shed a single tear either... The sense of entitlement some players have is really out of control.

The worst thing about this is just how bad some people in the PvP area are. 8 people standing in my Force Quake until they all die and then call me out...common now.

I am done waiting in lines on Ilum, I have done enough of that already.

I was running around with a few guildies who generally don't pvp.

I had to start marking people with our PvE markers so they knew the kill order, and CC.. -_-

not everyone pvps.. :p

Haven't had a chance to do it yet, but world boss seems pretty cool & the daily's are cool......But this is far from any PvP upgrade/revamp that I think most people were looking for.

I just don't understand the disconnect between the PvP developers and PvP'ers in this game. Man sometimes you just gotta keep it simple---give us PvP XP for killing players of the opposite faction, end of story (something like they had in the first place on the planet, just make it that way on every planet). The players will take care of the rest, until BioWare can come up with ways to build/add depth to the system. IMO they keep trying to build a house without starting with its foundation. Not trying to flame anyone, just IMO, BioWare you're trying to hard..................

Edited by Krorne