Where The Open World PVP

MK-ULTRA

Warzones are 8v8, arenas are 4v4. Sadly lowbie pvp isn't as popular so you get 4v4 99% of the time. WPVP basically doesn't exist anymore ever since they removed pvp servers and made instanced areas. Open your map and in the drop down box in the bottom right corner you can move to a pvp instance of whatever zone you're in. Its rare to run into someone though.

• 1 month later...
For a nub quest I had to go to pvp zone on Tatt. It looked amazing but I was the only one there.

Are there any good always populated open area pvp zones?

The warzones are fun but only 4vs4.

Devs killed it off a few years ago via pvp instances, I cant remember exactly when it happened.

There's 0 rewards for the risks taken by going into PvP instances, so nobody goes into one unless it's to PvE farm a boss.

Edited by RACATW

As people said World PVP is dead due to the elimination of PVP servers and creation of PVP instances. There is always a chance to do some World PVP in places where the heroic missions are. People keep on doing heroics missions and some have long spawns so people tend to go into PVP instance to find the objectives spawned. This is a good way to kill other people, but you should go as rep side, since its mostly imps in the PVP instance (but it depends on server).

Another way is to go into PVP instance in the newest areas, like now its Onderon and Mek-Sha, or the current event areas like Dantoien now.

The removal of the PVP servers was necessary as the game population decreased dramatically and big server merges were needed. Yes, the basic planets have empty PVP instances and there is little chance to find someone in the Outlaws den. Devs did improve the situation with the Commanders, which are the mobs that you can kill for parts for the Guildship upgrades. These spawn only in PVP areas now, so if a guild wants to kill them, they need to be in a PVP instance and could be interrupted by another guild or players in the base.

Edited by merovejec

World PvP died in 1.3 (March 2012) when Ilum was removed. We had a great community in Ilum on my server back then. When they removed Ilum the server lost half of its population in a forth-night.

Fast forward to end Summer 2013 and BW does another mistake by removing ranked WZ 8vs8 to be replaced by Arenas. In less to a year all PvP guilds are wiped and PvP servers start a decline.

Third PvP population decline is the removal of PvP gear in 5.0. Another population drop. They fix this in 5.1 with the increased drop in the RnG Command crates but the damage is done. I left the game for two years after this for example, even though I resisted the previous two PvP gaming nerfs.

World PvP died in 1.3 (March 2012) when Ilum was removed. We had a great community in Ilum on my server back then. When they removed Ilum the server lost half of its population in a forth-night.

Fast forward to end Summer 2013 and BW does another mistake by removing ranked WZ 8vs8 to be replaced by Arenas. In less to a year all PvP guilds are wiped and PvP servers start a decline.

Third PvP population decline is the removal of PvP gear in 5.0. Another population drop. They fix this in 5.1 with the increased drop in the RnG Command crates but the damage is done. I left the game for two years after this for example, even though I resisted the previous two PvP gaming nerfs.

Lets not forget the part when they removed pvp servers from the game literally. On jung ma we had world pvp every other day. The server literally died after that update as the level sync ruined builds. But pvp servers were gone essentially and were no different then the pve ones. I know alot of people who lived for wpvp and they left the game while the rest of us moved to ebon hawk. And for those saying I hated the frames and what not. Wpvp was not something you had to participate in. You literally could join a server that did not have it. Nobody forced you to participate in it. If you picked a pvp server and cried when getting ganked that is literally on you. But yeah its dead in this game, some days i wish they would do an update and add a cyridol like planet just for this kind of stuff. Alot of us can tolerate the frames and it would be really exciting to see.

You're presenting this very disingenuously. The devs only removed meaningful open world pvp and 8v8 ranked because the population participating in those activities did not justify ongoing support for them (not to mention the technical issues surrounding world pvp). People sometimes like to act like these were hugely popular things that the devs just removed because they're evil. Their reasons for removing them were totally logical, and the amount of people that left the game as a result was probably negligible.

Meanwhile, ranked arenas were very popular and saw widespread participation on pvp servers like POT5.

The devs only removed meaningful open world pvp and 8v8 ranked because the population participating in those activities did not justify ongoing support for them (not to mention the technical issues surrounding world pvp). People sometimes like to act like these were hugely popular things that the devs just removed because they're evil.

Illum was very popular in my server back then and in other PvP servers. Jung Ma and Harbinger to name a few.

Yes there was the technical issue but over the weekend we used to have an afternoon of battles.

As for 8vs8 we had 10 plus guilds mostly with 50 plus players on Tofn. 8 vs 8 got stale one for the never made promise of cross servers, second because it stayed pre-season for ever (1.5 years). Do you remember the never ending Pre-Season?

I am not taking down the success of Arenas (even if they are a lame game mode which gets boring). Liking or hating Arenas how much you want they are limited and this is why Team Ranked is in a low and in a bottom in the last couple years or so that it seems it cannot come out. TR is currently in-existent in Swtor.

Even in the worst time of 8 vs 8 we had much more interest. 8 vs 8 went down before Arenas launched and when BW announced thats 8s where going to be removed.

The success of Solo Ranked Arena is just because of commodity, that when you log in game you have insta pops after a few minutes, without waiting to create a group and so on. That in 8vs8 always lasted about ten minutes at best and if you are lucky, more to thirty minutes whatever Guild notes you made.

Edited by limenutpen

You're presenting this very disingenuously. The devs only removed meaningful open world pvp and 8v8 ranked because the population participating in those activities did not justify ongoing support for them (not to mention the technical issues surrounding world pvp). People sometimes like to act like these were hugely popular things that the devs just removed because they're evil. Their reasons for removing them were totally logical, and the amount of people that left the game as a result was probably negligible.

Meanwhile, ranked arenas were very popular and saw widespread participation on pvp servers like POT5.

We had hundreds of players at times playing open world pvp. It was a bit of a slideshow, but it was an interesting slideshow because everyone wanted to win it.

Pvp queues basically shut down whenever there was an open world event or spontaneous open world pvp where pve players started to beg us to come kill the dirty (insert faction here).

Edited by RACATW