Requesting Creature 'Masks' for Roleplay purposes.

Hey there, I know I'm not the only one to suggest this and I'm willing to be this has been discussed atleast once at Bioware - But I'd once again like to propose the addition of creature race masks to SWTOR. These would be static, unmoving head models that could be worn as helmets by players. This would be a tremedous boon to RP'ers and folks that want to play as a specific race that would otherwise be impossible to develop.

Now, I think I know the reason this hasn't been implemented yet, and as I understand it's because the majority of cutscenes do not remove your characters helmet and non-animated, basic speaking alien heads would look pretty darned strange... But honestly? I really don't think many people care, I seriously believe the addition of these masks would drastically outweigh any weirdness around cutscenes.

Here's a few suggestions - ( Best thing is, with these working as helmets they could be potentially dye-able )

Trandoshan Hunter: Trandoshan head with facepaint.

Weequay Pirate (male): Simple Weequay with an eyepatch

Weequay Pirate (female): Same as above only with a female model

Assassin Droid: One of many droid heads, take your pick

Quarren Landwalker: Quarren without any distinguishing features(Genders seem to look pretty much the same anyway)

Kel'Dor Wanderer (male): A Kel'dor male sporting a simple brown hood.

Kel'Dor Wanderer (female): Same thing with a female model.

Wookiee Warrior (male): Wookiee with scars embedded in it's fur and beads / rings tied into it's mane.

Wookiee Warrior (female): Same thing with a female model, not sure if there's much difference face wise between wookiee genders, but may as well put this here.

Edited by IIHawkerII

I think this is highly debatable, given the number of complaints on the forums about the fact that post-return companions' lips don't move correctly.

The difference being, if you don't like the basic-speaking voice or lack of animation - Then you can simply remove the helmet.

The difference being, if you don't like the basic-speaking voice or lack of animation - Then you can simply remove the helmet.

Sure, but my assessment of the RP crowd is that the "non-moving lips" thing would be a definite no-no for them.

Of course, helmets *can* have voice-linked moving parts (watch e.g. the bolt heads on the Impside version of the Charged Hypercloth Force-Expert's headgear(1), although I think that is actually a bug), so these mask helmets could have lips that move.

(1) Synthweaving crafted, requires level 61. Looks supremely dorky on Pubside characters.

Trust me, I'm part of the RP crowd on all the english speaking servers - This isn't a new topic to the RP community, it's been widely requested by RP'ers.

Sure, I agree that it's a fairly obvious RP thing. My comment is that "mask made of stone with no speaking animation" would get some adverse comment (to say the least). Helmets *can* animate for when you speak, so these masks should do so.

Honestly? It would look silly and even more immersion breaking (to me) than a bounty hunter wearing Jedi robes. Oh, look a wookie head on a human body ... that's not strange looking at all. Ditto for Trandoshan or Mon Calamari or ... you get the picture. I'm a little surprised an RPer would settle for such a lazy and jarring implementation.

You can stick a droid head on your weedy little type one body right now- That's not an excuse. Frankly I'm surprised people would push back at all on this. As for looking weird on a human body - You wear armor. in a perfect world it'd also come with a armor pieces, but I'll take what I can get.