Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

This is PR fail of epic proportion. I understand the intentions behind their action as a way of appeasing the player base they have grossly disappointed to help keep their business. The way they worded it is reprehensible. There was no need for giving so much free playtime to a select player base.

I agree. It shows a disregard for your most loyal segment of the player base IMO.

Personally, I don't care. It's free perk for vocally unhappy people. But I do see it as a rude and inconsiderate move by Bioware toward a significant segment of their recurring player base.

It also reinforces a bad behavior in the player base: consume content quickly and complain loudly when you run out of things to do at level cap and demand perks and satisfaction from Bioware as compensation.

And it's not like the people they are trying to incent here are patient loyal game fans for the most part. On the contrary, they are the ones most vocally making passive aggressive threats in the forum in many cases. The more hardcore player base, for lack of a better term coming to mind.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im doing a drinking game. Everytime I see someone type "slap in the face" I take a shot. Im getting drunk quick :p

OOOOO I'm gonna play too, how many "slap in the face" comments have there been so I can catch up?

I am a founder and have 1 character lvl 30. Too much time studying for my MBA and work fill time and I am OK with not getting the free month as i don't have a 50. I applaud Bioware for giving us something (pet tauntaun) when they did not have to for patch 1.2. I also applaud Bioware for giving me a free day for the long patch today.

Just because I did not have the to play am much as I would of liked is not Bioware's fault. I could of had a lvl 50 but hey, it's ok I am busy! :) I love playing the game!

I am a founder and have 1 character lvl 30. Too much time studying for my MBA and work fill time and I am OK with not getting the free month as i don't have a 50. I applaud Bioware for giving us something (pet tauntaun) when they did not have to for patch 1.2. I also applaud Bioware for giving me a free day for the long patch today.

Just because I did not have the to play am much as I would of liked is not Bioware's fault. I could of had a lvl 50 but hey, it's ok I am busy! :) I love playing the game!

Thats loyalty

Can level to 50 but can't count?

Seeing as today is April 13th (or 14th depending on where you live) the game has only been live for over 3 months. You are saying that you had a level 50 player before the game went live??? Give this man his free 30 days!!! /sarcasm

Before you bash a particular playerbase or play-style, know what you're talking about first.

Oh please, obviously I wasnt counting correctly., the point is the same, yes the game has only been live for almost 4 months. 3 months 24 days to be exact.

And yes I have played other MMOS. I've been playing MMOs for almost 10 years now, my first MMO was Everquest. Though to be fair, I'm a fast gamer. I beat Mass Effect 2 on Hardcore in 15 hours with all major quests and content completed. I leveled from 1-85 in 5-6 days of playtime in WoW. 1-60 was a grind though, Jesus, of course it was also a better game back then so it evens out I guess.

I do however apologize, my post was a bit harsh, I should have worded it differently, to be honest I was angry at something else at the time I was writing. I understand that other people have different playstyles, that other people arent as fast I am. That being said, I stand by my opinion. I believe that getting to level 50 after almost 4 months is easily doable even if you play a bunch of alts. It is not unreasonable to have more than level 50 without being labeled "no life" which is entirely false for a majority of players. Keep in mind these things cost money. Not all MMO players are 13 year kids. In fact I find that raiders tend to be older, mainly adults who have jobs that pay for that 15 dollar a month fee.

Edited by NomadicPath