Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

Nanglez

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o,0 I'm sorry, wherein lied the story. It was more of a statement. So was yours!

Cool statement bro.

No it will exist, thats what 'Cartel Coins' are for. However as to what is in the shop, they've only vaguely stated. Cosmetics and 'Helper' Buffs etc.

Whats stupid about peoples notion is that they believe that there'll be some sort of 'pay to win' item on there.

Imagine what would happen if you could use "Heroic Moment" abilities in pvp/ops. It'd create an imbalance. Pay to win weapons translate to the defintion of Imbalance, and i'd say it'd be steered clear from.

The cosmetic side of things is a huge area to explore. Within months you could see guilds running around in storm trooper/clone trooper armor, species that weren't in the game before etc. Frankly I'm okay with all of these things. I guess people are always terrified of change.

No it will exist, thats what 'Cartel Coins' are for. However as to what is in the shop, they've only vaguely stated. Cosmetics and 'Helper' Buffs etc.

Whats stupid about peoples notion is that they believe that there'll be some sort of 'pay to win' item on there.

Imagine what would happen if you could use "Heroic Moment" abilities in pvp/ops. It'd create an imbalance. Pay to win weapons translate to the defintion of Imbalance, and i'd say it'd be steered clear from.

The cosmetic side of things is a huge area to explore. Within months you could see guilds running around in storm trooper/clone trooper armor, species that weren't in the game before etc. Frankly I'm okay with all of these things. I guess people are always terrified of change.

I don't believe there will be p2w items on the shop, what I do believe, is that the cool, the convinience, and the simply useful items that people will want to pay for will be on the shop and not given as drops or rewards in game. Or if they do drop ingame it will be at a token 0.001% droprate.. I've been around the block a few times.

Edited by _Corew

I'd like to see where all this talk of a cash shop is comming from?? F2P isn't even out yet and people are complainaing about something that doesn't exist.. I don't get it??

If you'd ever played a F2P MMORPG with a cashshop you would.

That's not to say it will be an utter nightmare, but even the best F2P/cashshop models differ from prior subscription models in game changing ways.

EAs leadership is very interested in the money-making potential of micro transactions (as heard in the well circulated CEO statement on You Tube), and therein lies the issue. EA is not averse to slowly putting the screws to the player. What's the quote again?

"When you're six hours into playing Battlefield, and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time." - John Riccitiello, CEO EA.

This is too big of an opportunity to just let go by. It's (paid DLC, etc.) already being done in other EA titles. There's no reason it won't happen in this one.

EAs leadership is very interested in the money-making potential of micro transactions (as heard in the well circulated CEO statement on You Tube), and therein lies the issue. EA is not averse to slowly putting the screws to the player. What's the quote again?

"When you're six hours into playing Battlefield, and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time." - John Riccitiello, CEO EA.

This is too big of an opportunity to just let go by. It's (paid DLC, etc.) already being done in other EA titles. There's no reason it won't happen in this one.

Did you think all the new content in a mmo would be free? Also you dont have to pay for that reload you can run back and get more ammo. Of course you have to hope you dont die in the process. Sometimes its easier to just dish out a dollar.

It wasn't free, I was paying $15.00 a month to get it, and the convenience of paying that buck and those that pay it, is what makes it acceptable for them to continue to do it . . . which is a pay-to-win kind of an item. You paid to avoid the risk, so you get a better chance to win.

It wasn't free, I was paying $15.00 a month to get it, and the convenience of paying that buck and those that pay it, is what makes it acceptable for them to continue to do it . . . which is a pay-to-win kind of an item. You paid to avoid the risk, so you get a better chance to win.

There is no comparing a FPS to a MMO. You dont pay $15 a month for it. You pay $15 a month for this game. When new expansions come out they cost money in all mmos for the most part. If you thought youd just pay your $15 a mo and get all new content free this must be your first MMO. They all work like that guy.

There is no comparing a FPS to a MMO. You dont pay $15 a month for it. You pay $15 a month for this game. When new expansions come out they cost money in all mmos for the most part. If you thought youd just pay your $15 a mo and get all new content free this must be your first MMO. They all work like that guy.

I'm 44, been playing MMOs since Asheron's Call, and through pretty much every major title up to today. I wasn't comparing FPS games to MMOs. I was comparing the philosophy of charging for in-game stuff and how EA won't balk at the chance to do something like this in their freemium plan, because even the subscribers have an untapped "convenience" market for items. It should/will start with vanity stuff, but with EA's track record, it has a very good chance of moving on to in-game items that can change the balance of play. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's part of their current business plan right now for all their games.

Also, you do get all the content free for your monthly subscription in a subscription model. That's why you pay the premium. You only pay for expansions. I really don't know how you extrapolated that I didn't understand that from what I wrote.

Just shhh its like you guys want to coin it as a new catchphrase. You don't know what will be in the cash shop, and till such time as you do, EVERYTHING you say is speculation. Bunch of self entitled children -.-.

Did you think all the new content in a mmo would be free? Also you dont have to pay for that reload you can run back and get more ammo. Of course you have to hope you dont die in the process. Sometimes its easier to just dish out a dollar.

you my friend, are a perfect example of why this kinds of things happen...

you that eat into the propaganda and somehow its "ok" to charge us for a clip on a fps game

because its easier to "fork out a dollar" than send the message that no , its not ok to nickel and dime us...

its these kinds of low standards that tells these companies that its ok to shovel ***** our way, and charge us for it..

you disgust me

Yeah unforunately they know this and know P2W sells............ so they will sell P2W. :(

that movie was not only boring..but was filled with hate promoting,illgocial,prejudice material(unfortunately you can guess why i say that about that particular movie...and from that you can deduce the faded tatoo i have on my left hand)

but on a side note..i think a clip from deus ex human revolution of adam saying "lighten up francis" wouldve been better...there is actually a moment in that game where he says that