if your new i will help you out

hello there, im gonna keep it short so post in this thread if you are a new player. post a reply with a question and i will do my best to give you a satisfactory answer, or if you just want to drop in and say hi,feel free to do so;) Edited by Revan-the-knight

I'm a Sith Juggernaut. Is armor rating important for them, or should I focus exclusively on strength and endurance? My focus is DPS.

For DPS endurance is secondary to strength. Strength = damage, endurance = HP. Yeah, everyone loves HP, but it is a higher priority for tanks.

Whatever armor you are using should be at least reasonably level-appropriate, however, and heavy. That will give you an armor rating in the neighborhhod of where it should be. It shouldn't be something that you have to consider seperately.

If you are ever at a point where some medium armor is offering so much better stats than the heavy armor that you have, you just aren't keeping up with your armor like you should.

And no, it's not my thread, so if you really just wanted a response from the OP, then feel free to disregard everything that I have said. :rod_cool_g:

Edited by Mithros

Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I am focusing on heavy armor. I just encountered a situation yesterday where I found some boots with better strength and endurance than what I had, but slightly less armor. I remember a friend once telling me that armor wasn't so important for a DPS warrior in that other big MMO, so I was curious if that was the case in TOR as well.

Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I am focusing on heavy armor. I just encountered a situation yesterday where I found some boots with better strength and endurance than what I had, but slightly less armor. I remember a friend once telling me that armor wasn't so important for a DPS warrior in that other big MMO, so I was curious if that was the case in TOR as well.

If it's 'slightly' less, then no big deal. Gear level is more of a guide than armor value. It should all be 'balanced' to a greater or lesser degree.

As long as you are wearing heavy armor, go with the strength, and if you also get some more endurance (and/or power, crit, surge, or whatever) that is a bonus.

in My Experience the juggernaut seems to always work better with Strenght as a secondary stat, however i suggest mixing it around a little bit, heavy Armor is central for them however, and since you only get one lightsaber i would consider keeping it updated with mods if possible, you should try to have items to your level, atmost 5 levels below, And Thanks Mithros for doing my job:rak_03: Edited by Revan-the-knight

OK, I have 3 questions:

1. WHAT is your name?

2. WHAT is your quest?

3. WHAT is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

1. Dont know you good enough to tell you, but my mains name on the Darth Malak server is Thanadan

2. My "Quest" is to bring some of the newcomers up to speed

3. Hard to say, cant give a clear answer on that:mon_angel::d_angelic::rod_angel_p:

If it's a nice upgrade then don't be afraid to use it; as long as you're not getting hit your armor rating isn't a big deal.

My Trooper was healing just fine in Social (so Light) armour with at-level mods. Was missing a ton of armor rating but Aim and Endurance were all where they should be.

Just remember that a dead dps does no dps; if you start taking a beating or are constantly pulling aggro, get into that Heavy gear.

3. WHAT is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

An African or European swallow?

Oh how I weep for the youth!

Your homework assignment is to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

id much rather be here, at home, listening to some music while i Hack my Way through Droves of Enemy players as my marauder, laughing as they languish under the effect of my Ravage, its a good life, but hey Monty Python ill do Willingly!:rak_03:

I've been wondering the same thing. For example, let's say 2 different items are up on the GTN for roughly the same price. One will increase my primary stat by 2 and add 20 armor, but the other will increase my primary stat by 4 with no change in armor. Which one is better?

If it helps any, I just found these stats on another forum:

1 Endurance = 10 HP

5 Endurance = 1% HP regen

20.8 Armour = 1% damage reduction

Here's a quote from SWTOR's combat designer about how combat works, which I found here:

"We use a two-roll system for determining combat results.

First is a hit roll, accuracy versus defense, and if the attacker misses then no damage occurs. If the attacker rolled poorly enough to miss even discounting the target's defense then a "Miss" result occurs. If he misses because of the defense then the result varies based on the attack type, the cover state of the target, and the target's equipped weapons. All the possible results - Dodge, Parry, Deflect, Resist, Cover - are mathematically the same, but they can trigger different effects and are visualized in different ways.

If the attacker hits, then a second roll is made with the crit chance of the attacker versus the shield chance of the target. If a Crit or a Shield occurs then the damage is adjusted up or down (based on Surge/Absorb), and then it goes through to the armor and damage resistance. A critical can never be shielded, and an attacker with a high enough crit chance can push the target's shield chance off the table. It shouldn't be possible to get your passive crit chance high enough to start pushing off the target's shield chance, but there are short-duration buffs that push these chances high enough to come into conflict."

So, as far as I can tell, things like shielding & armor are always tertiary to your primary stat & Endurance. Your primary stats determine whether it's a hit or not, then there's a crit vs shield roll, and THEN armor and damage resistance come into play. Armor is basically a third-order effect, so the other stats appear to always be way more important.

I've been wondering the same thing. For example, let's say 2 different items are up on the GTN for roughly the same price. One will increase my primary stat by 2 and add 20 armor, but the other will increase my primary stat by 4 with no change in armor. Which one is better?

If it helps any, I just found these stats on another forum:

1 Endurance = 10 HP

5 Endurance = 1% HP regen

20.8 Armour = 1% damage reduction

Here's a quote from SWTOR's combat designer about how combat works, which I found here:

"We use a two-roll system for determining combat results.

First is a hit roll, accuracy versus defense, and if the attacker misses then no damage occurs. If the attacker rolled poorly enough to miss even discounting the target's defense then a "Miss" result occurs. If he misses because of the defense then the result varies based on the attack type, the cover state of the target, and the target's equipped weapons. All the possible results - Dodge, Parry, Deflect, Resist, Cover - are mathematically the same, but they can trigger different effects and are visualized in different ways.

If the attacker hits, then a second roll is made with the crit chance of the attacker versus the shield chance of the target. If a Crit or a Shield occurs then the damage is adjusted up or down (based on Surge/Absorb), and then it goes through to the armor and damage resistance. A critical can never be shielded, and an attacker with a high enough crit chance can push the target's shield chance off the table. It shouldn't be possible to get your passive crit chance high enough to start pushing off the target's shield chance, but there are short-duration buffs that push these chances high enough to come into conflict."

So, as far as I can tell, things like shielding & armor are always tertiary to your primary stat & Endurance. Your primary stats determine whether it's a hit or not, then there's a crit vs shield roll, and THEN armor and damage resistance come into play. Armor is basically a third-order effect, so the other stats appear to always be way more important.

If i were you i would probably take the one with more 20+ armor, That little of a difference can actually be the "winning Factor" i remember once in my storyline i had to face this really difficult boss, i geared up as well as i could but the GTN was pretty dead(At the moment) so i was there in my normal gear, the boss whopped my ***, saw a new chest with a little upgrade of 4+ to my primary and a 60+ boost in armor, i survived the next fight with 2 HP