Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

FriscoFrez
03.15.2012 , 12:07 PM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrenthirtysix View Post
Everyone should have easy access to gear when the point is to have skill. Trust me as soon as everyone gets BM gear it will be SO much easier to balance the classes. Then you will have a " street fighter" based PvP system where you pretty much know your opponent's strengths and weaknesses per class, instead of per outfit. Then it's all about when and how you use your abilities, not what color the other person's +morethanyoudmg lightsaber is.
i don't know what kind of mmo backgrund you have but this game is not going to be balanced that easy it is going to take years for them to fix this, they areonly giving away the pvp gear couse all the pvp guilds left/are leaving. the only way to fill up this pvp slots is to have guys like you to think that this is a good system, but in the end time will tell you what im trying to explain here, the game is over
this game has two camps fanboys and players

Incendergel
03.15.2012 , 12:08 PM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrenthirtysix View Post
Everyone should have easy access to gear when the point is to have skill. Trust me as soon as everyone gets BM gear it will be SO much easier to balance the classes. Then you will have a " street fighter" based PvP system where you pretty much know your opponent's strengths and weaknesses per class, instead of per outfit. Then it's all about when and how you use your abilities, not what color the other person's +morethanyoudmg lightsaber is.
You should already know this regardless of gear. Before you PvP you should know what your class is better against. Nothing is more stupid than watching someone try to dps down a tank....yet the healer is over a few feet away just healing away laughing.

Yeah - go for him. Keep on it - we'll wait until you either: A. get bored and leave or B. figure out he is getting heals and switch targets /palm of hand to forehead

Dego_Locc
03.15.2012 , 12:11 PM | #983
Pls make thiz game moar like street fighter pls!

Even gear for allz!!!!1
CareBearStare>SWTOR
1.2 makes valor rank worthless pretty much. The new War Hero gear is better than BM, and can be worn by fresh 50's

Incendergel
03.15.2012 , 12:11 PM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by dego_locc View Post
pls make thiz game moar like street fighter pls!

Even gear for allz!!!!1
utopia!

SwampHobbit
03.15.2012 , 12:12 PM | #985
The only thing about PvP that upsets me are capped players running around the world proving their "studly" qualities by kicking the crap out of players 20-25 levels below them.

Heroes are not in short supply I s'pose. As to the OP, I don't get it, probably never will. I need to stick to my rule.... don't visit an MMO forum.

Nothing but doom and gloom, ************ and whining.
True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

uzairzaidi
03.15.2012 , 12:13 PM | #986
this Op is the dumbest kid I've ever come across. Please quit the game ASAP!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - WARMONGERS
50 Powertech - Imperialtrooper

www.darthblood.com

Dego_Locc
03.15.2012 , 12:14 PM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by SwampHobbit View Post
The only thing about PvP that upsets me are capped players running around the world proving their "studly" qualities by kicking the crap out of players 20-25 levels below them.

Heroes are not in short supply I s'pose. As to the OP, I don't get it, probably never will. I need to stick to my rule.... don't visit an MMO forum.

Nothing but doom and gloom, ************ and whining.
PVP servers are not for you then. In an MMO when you select PVP server, you should expect to get ganked. Period.

I never ganked anyone, but I can see why ppl do, what else is there to do in this game?

This games PVP servers are not even PVP servers anyway so............

I wish I would have gotten ganked at least once in this game. Its a ghosttown.
CareBearStare>SWTOR
1.2 makes valor rank worthless pretty much. The new War Hero gear is better than BM, and can be worn by fresh 50's

gerLd
03.15.2012 , 12:14 PM | #988
Lol guess people forgot that its gear to pvp not pvp to gear. Why does everyone need a reward to play
Rancor - Gunslinger
Diabeetuss - Shadow
Manok - Commando

Hycondrious
03.15.2012 , 12:16 PM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by fendergibson View Post
Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.
Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.
Though I don't share the same sentiment as this individual I do share concern, I play on Prophecy of the Five and i rerolled from a 50 sith jugg to a now 40 jedi sentinal, not because i like the rebuplic, strictly because i was tiered of people running around not playing the objectives. i feel if your going to reward people for playing Swtor you need to actually reward the people who "play" the way it was meant to be played.

supafreak
03.15.2012 , 12:19 PM | #990
Your're mad that people can buy with credits the cheapest dirtiest pvp gear available just so they have a chance when they enter warzones the first time? Commendations and Rated commendations are still needed for the best gear.
You only think pvp is worthwhile if you can severely outgear your opponents? Dont like PVP for PVP sake? Dont like facing off against opponents of equal stats and relying on skill? Are you sure you even like PVP?

Good riddance to bad rubbish
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised