Copying SWTOR From C drive to D drive

Blut_wurst

So I'm having issues downloading the public test server client because my C drive is full (SWTOR is also stored there).

Now my D drive is almost empty and has much more storage space. Could I just copy SWTOR to my D drive and then install the pts? Sorry I don't really know anything about computers

I dont believe SWTOR has any registry, so yes the actual game files could be moved to any folder and a new shortcut created, that should work. so for example from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic to D:\Games\SWTOR . Then create new shortcut to D:Games\SWTOR\launcher.exe

Your profile will remain the same anyway, so profile files will still end up in the profile... C:\user..... etc

have a search on forums I'm sure others have tried/done this.

Move the game's directory to D.

"Re-install" the game, but in the process of re-installing, select the directory on D: that you moved the game to rather than accept the default.

The game will then appear to be downloading, but it's comparing its file manifest against the files already on the selected directory and should go (relatively) fast for the game to "understand" that it's now on D:

Edited by xordevoreaux

Just about any MMORPG can be copy-pasted and ran with no problem. And I know from experience it definitely works with TOR. So yeah, knock yourself out. Though "re-installing" it after moving as exclusive or devoreaux suggested is a good idea.