Weekly cap on Relics of Ossus is way too low

Screaming_Ziva

The entire point of having a cap is to slow down progress. Even if you do the story/dailies on more characters even after you hit the weekly cap, it'll just set you up for next week (or the week after). Nothing wrong with it as it is. I know I'll have enough for the next 2 weeks, possibly a 3rd week.

Besides, it'll take us a couple of weeks to get enough Masterwork Shards to even have the reputation mean anything regardless.

Edited by Toraak

The entire point of having a cap is to slow down progress. Even if you do the story/dailies on more characters even after you hit the weekly cap, it'll just set you up for next week (or the week after). Nothing wrong with it as it is. I know I'll have enough for the next 2 weeks, possibly a 3rd week.

Besides, it'll take us a couple of weeks to get enough Masterwork Shards to even have the reputation mean anything regardless.

We're not talking about the reputation. We're talking about the currency. Once we've hit the currency cap anything gained after that is completely wasted. Given the number of dailies on Ossus you hit the weekly currency cap pretty quickly (like 2-3 days) and then you're stuck twiddling your thumbs on that character - unless you want to just waste the relics and constantly have the game tell you you're at your cap.

Then it only takes about 8-12 days or so to hit the overall cap and unless you're running multiple characters through then your reputation is too low to even buy anything really worthwhile. I know at the moment I only have one character who has done Ossus and it'll stay that way until they fix the companion issues - and who knows how long *that* will be?

The weekly and overall currency caps really are too low if it takes only 2-3 days to hit the weekly cap and only 8-12 or so days to hit the overall cap. Personally currency caps are annoying as hell to me anyway.

Edit: I underestimated the time it would take the overall cap, so fixed that.

Edited by Elessara

The weekly cap on these is way too low. I hit 250 on Thursday. Why is this cap so low?

To hinder greed-driven people of completing everying within 2 days ?

The cathedral of Cologne was built within generations. A concept not understandable for people of these days.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

To hinder greed-driven people of completing everying within 2 days ?

The cathedral of Cologne was built within generations. A concept not understandable for people of these days.

:rolleyes:

Because a massive building IRL is so much like a currency cap in a video game.

It will still take weeks to get to the reputation that would even allow people to buy anything remotely worthwhile - and guess what, we're not complaining about that.

Personally, I'm fine with the reputation caps and I don't mind being gated that way. What I do mind is how low they set the relic caps. This isn't a legacy-wide currency so you can only get a set amount in a day per character anyway so there's already a cap in what people can get weekly. We didn't really need another.

Edited by Elessara

Is this cap legacy wide?

Why not just accumulate them on another toon as Elessara's post suggests

We're not talking about the reputation. We're talking about the currency. Once we've hit the currency cap anything gained after that is completely wasted. Given the number of dailies on Ossus you hit the weekly currency cap pretty quickly (like 2-3 days) and then you're stuck twiddling your thumbs on that character - unless you want to just waste the relics and constantly have the game tell you you're at your cap.
Edited by Falensawino

Then it only takes about 8-12 days or so to hit the overall cap and unless you're running multiple characters through then your reputation is too low to even buy anything really worthwhile. I know at the moment I only have one character who has done Ossus and it'll stay that way until they fix the companion issues - and who knows how long *that* will be?

The weekly and overall currency caps really are too low if it takes only 2-3 days to hit the weekly cap and only 8-12 or so days to hit the overall cap. Personally currency caps are annoying as hell to me anyway.

Edit: I underestimated the time it would take the overall cap, so fixed that.

I understand, your talking about reputation, as was I. I have enough reputation tokens for the next 2-3 weeks for the cap already. My point is that is 100% the point BW is making. For those of us that are being Obsessive about running characters through Ossus, it is intentionally slowing down our progression. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, and as I said earlier as well, we don't even need the reputation yet anyway, since it'll take us a couple of weeks (2-3) to get enough MWS to even get a piece of gear upgraded from the MWS.

If your referring to the Masterwork shard currency, that is also Intentional. They don't want everyone gearing out characters to quickly either. That currency is put in there for us to slowly grind out gear, not to all have it within 2-3 weeks. Should they increase the MWS currency a little bit? hard to say but I wouldn't increase it to much. Using alts affectively should have 1 of your characters geared up with everything you can use legacy gear on within a month if your doing it slowly. Implants/earpiece/relics will obviously take longer.

If you mean the relics of Ossus, you could be right (and these are not legacy bound, but Per Character). From my understanding they buy Decorations or Ossus gear sets from two of the vendors, so aren't used in the 252/258 gear. Why not just change characters and get another 250 on a 2nd character or a 3rd if your looking for decorations, or the modable gear?

Edited by Toraak

I understand, your talking about reputation, as was I. I have enough reputation tokens for the next 2-3 weeks for the cap already. My point is that is 100% the point BW is making. For those of us that are being Obsessive about running characters through Ossus, it is intentionally slowing down our progression. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, and as I said earlier as well, we don't even need the reputation yet anyway, since it'll take us a couple of weeks (2-3) to get enough MWS to even get a piece of gear upgraded from the MWS.

If your referring to the Masterwork shard currency, that is also Intentional. They don't want everyone gearing out characters to quickly either. That currency is put in there for us to slowly grind out gear, not to all have it within 2-3 weeks. Should they increase the MWS currency a little bit? hard to say but I wouldn't increase it to much. Using alts affectively should have 1 of your characters geared up with everything you can use legacy gear on within a month if your doing it slowly. Implants/earpiece/relics will obviously take longer.

If you mean the relics of Ossus, you could be right (and these are not legacy bound, but Per Character). From my understanding they buy Decorations or Ossus gear sets from two of the vendors, so aren't used in the 252/258 gear. Why not just change characters and get another 250 on a 2nd character or a 3rd if your looking for decorations, or the modable gear?

What part of my first sentence "We're not talking about the reputation." is hard to understand?

The relics of Ossus ... you know, the one with the 250 weekly cap and the 1000 overall cap? Those relics of Ossus? Not the reputation tokens. I'll say it again. Not the reputation tokens. The relics of Ossus - the new currency. Not the reputation tokens. Not the masterwork data crystals.

Hey your last paragraph actually addresses the issue we were talking about. Switch to another character ... right and for those who don't have more than one character? They exist. Or maybe the ones who only have a few characters - there was someone else in the thread who hit the cap on 4 characters within 2-3 days. Personally I'm not going to take more characters through until they actually fix the many companion issues that come with starting 5.10. We still shouldn't be hitting a weekly cap in 2-3 days.

Edited by Elessara

What part of my first sentence "We're not talking about the reputation." is hard to understand?

The relics of Ossus ... you know, the one with the 250 weekly cap and the 1000 overall cap? Those relics of Ossus? Not the reputation tokens. I'll say it again. Not the reputation tokens. The relics of Ossus - the new currency. Not the reputation tokens. Not the masterwork data crystals.

Hey your last paragraph actually addresses the issue we were talking about. Switch to another character ... right and for those who don't have more than one character? They exist. Or maybe the ones who only have a few characters - there was someone else in the thread who hit the cap on 4 characters within 2-3 days. Personally I'm not going to take more characters through until they actually fix the many companion issues that come with starting 5.10. We still shouldn't be hitting a weekly cap in 2-3 days.

Honestly BW usually has weekly caps of 100, so having it capped at 250 is them bumping it up. I don't remember even the old comm system previous to 4.0 having any weekly cap higher then 300 for the crystals even.

From what I saw on the 2 vendors, I didn't notice 1 thing that cost many of that currency regardless. Highest I quickly noticed was 25.

Edited by Toraak

• 1 month later...

It's not a greed driven thing I think, I can't speak for anyone else but for me personally I find the cap too low for the plain and simple reason that the dailies will get you to your relic cap in far far less than a week, ergo they put in a cap which is so much lower than the actual relics that you would earn even if you only do half a week worth of dailies.

I'm not a dailies man, really I'm not, I'm not a fan of currency caps, but if they put one in they ought to AT LEAST get closer to the amount of relics that you COULD earn in a week, I'd already be more than happy if they'd cap it at 6 days worth of dailies.

There are around 17 dailies if I'm not mistaken, most of which giving 7 relics, 4 of them give 12, you end up with a total of 139 relics every day, or 973 relics in a week, 973!!! And remember, we're not counting the weekly missions here.

If you're gonna offer a potential of 973+ relics in a week then WHY put a cap at such a low number as 250? It's just too big a difference.