So who do we report exploits to?

JimG

I came across a credit exploit and submitted an in-game ticket and an email yesterday and have heard nothing back. I don't want to post the exploit on the customer service forum for obvious reasons because people might try to use the exploit before it's fixed. So who or where is the best place to direct an exploit so it gets shut down promptly?

I came across a credit exploit and submitted an in-game ticket and an email yesterday and have heard nothing back. I don't want to post the exploit on the customer service forum for obvious reasons because people might try to use the exploit before it's fixed. So who or where is the best place to direct an exploit so it gets shut down promptly?

You already did what you can do, now it's up to BioWare to do their part.

Just create a ticket in game?

As my original post said, already did that.

You can report to me. Just send me a private message with the details of your credit exploit :rolleyes:

Sure thing, as soon you buy my swamp land in Florida, then I'll send that PM over to you with all the details ;)

Was it related to collections? because its a known issue.

Nope, not collections.

That's not something they are likely to discuss, even with the person that sent the ticket in.

Oh, I don't expect anything to be discussed with me. Just a simple acknowledgment of receipt and that someone is reviewing the info I provided.

• Dev Post

Hey JimG,

As folks have stated in this thread the right thing to do is definitely to submit an in-game ticket (as you have done). It may take a bit before you get a response but that is the correct path! If you want, shoot me a PM with the ticket # and I can make sure the right eyes see it.

Thanks!

-eric

You will never know the results of a report you make. What you reported may not even be an exploit. Most things players consider exploits are not.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Hey JimG,

As folks have stated in this thread the right thing to do is definitely to submit an in-game ticket (as you have done). It may take a bit before you get a response but that is the correct path! If you want, shoot me a PM with the ticket # and I can make sure the right eyes see it.

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks, Eric! I PM'ed you the in-game ticket #.

it does not matter who you report exploits too they simply do not care about them because it would cost them a player.

Not true. They've shut down several exploits and they usually drop an immediate patch to fix exploits rather than letting them sit until the next weekly maintenance.

You will never know the results of a report you make. What you reported may not even be an exploit. Most things players consider exploits are not.

I never said I wanted to know the results....although it will be pretty easy to tell whether it gets fixed or not. I just wanted to make sure someone over at BW is aware of it....and it's definitely an exploit, or at least something that could very easily be exploited due to a bug/error.

Thanks, Eric! I PM'ed you the in-game ticket #.

Good idea, because as much as I enjoy this game, I have nothing positive to say about the bots and cs people that deal with the tickets.

There is a CS forum here too btw, but I haven't had much success via the in game ticket system, certainly in more recent times. I am not impressed by CS in general here but the in game ticket puts a whole new meaning to CS failure in my opinion.

There, I said it without using any swearwords...I'm proud of myself. :)

Was it related to collections? because its a known issue.

The game has had a long and interesting history of free money from nothing, I can just imagine what else will generate it in the future.

I must be really unlucky lol I have had to earn every credit I have made :mad:

I never said I wanted to know the results....although it will be pretty easy to tell whether it gets fixed or not. I just wanted to make sure someone over at BW is aware of it....and it's definitely an exploit, or at least something that could very easily be exploited due to a bug/error.

The General forum is generally not the place to inform BWEA of bugs, etc. It's the place. Putting it here calls attention to its existence, prompting others to try to figure out what it is and how to use it (assuming it is in fact an exploit).