Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
07.05.2012 , 04:10 PM | #5121
I have no idea what the "new" message concerning the pet/commendations means.

A. Have they reopened some origin servers, so they can go to any destination server?

B. Or is it an enticement to just go to the original destination servers, from the original origin servers?

Are all origin servers going to get the choice sooner or later if A. is the the right answer?

What the H is going on???????

HammersteinSW
07.05.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5122
Complete nonsense imho, if they think they get subs with another silly pet and a handful of tokens then they are really more clueless than I thought. We already got so many useless pets that another one hardly matters - and the BT tokens don't even get you the cheapest BT piece on the vendor, a few days of doing dailies get you way more BT tokens, it's barely worth mentioning.

What I really want, and what would get me back into the game, are completely free transfers so I can finally get all my characters to one server and make my home there. I have one 50 on a pve server and another 50 on a pvp server - this happened because the server I picked in the launch week died after only 2 months (Flames of the Crucible).

As it is now I'm kinda reluctant to transfers, because:

*Customer Agents keep telling people that the destination servers might be cycled.
* Paid transfers have no ETA and I don't want to waste my free transfers in case I want to pick a different server.
* I have some favorite names reserved on one destination server and want to make my home there, but that means getting all my stuff there.

theschwartzgirl
07.05.2012 , 06:14 PM | #5123
Do you guys have plans to let people transfer off heavily populated servers?

Some of us are stuck on Correllian Run and can't ever go to the Republic Fleet because it always has 200+ people on it.

Or should I put in this request privately somewhere to see if I can be moved?
Infinitybound.net - Where life is the game!

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Arlbo_Nabbins
07.06.2012 , 03:11 AM | #5124
Quote: Originally Posted by HammersteinSW View Post
Complete nonsense imho, if they think they get subs with another silly pet and a handful of tokens then they are really more clueless than I thought.
It has nothing to do with subs, its to encourage people to transfer off the dead servers. In the long run they want to close them down but they need to get the maximum number of people off those servers first.

Quote: Originally Posted by theschwartzgirl View Post
Some of us are stuck on Correllian Run and can't ever go to the Republic Fleet because it always has 200+ people on it.
Why would this stop you going to fleet? There is a preferences setting (bottom one on the graphics tab) that reduces the number of toons the game draws at any time, that is about the only thing that might cause problems. I have a pretty ancient PC and I can use Fleet when it has 250 people there.

BYUSinger
07.08.2012 , 12:45 AM | #5125
I just moved today and I'm kinda ticked. My wife and I both lost two characters from the transfer, plus I lost my legacy name. I'm quite ticked because I have been with SWTOR since the closed beta and have had these names FOREVER and just because my server was part of the transfers, I get the shaft? Doesn't seem fair to me. The in-game items are weak at best, and then the fact that those on the destination servers are going to get them anyway?! Why are they rewarded especially since 4 people have names that my wife and I use? The fact that this thread is as long as it is definately speaks volumes to how frustrating this whole process is. I will give credit where credit is due: the transfer was quick, and it's nice to be on a server that has people on it again, HOWEVER...losing those names kills me.

MadBlue
07.08.2012 , 01:52 AM | #5126
Quote: Originally Posted by theschwartzgirl View Post
If you have 200+ people on Fleet, use the "shuttle" button on the bottom right of the map. There's likely to be an instance of Fleet with a lower population on it.

arcticwinter
07.08.2012 , 02:11 AM | #5127
when are u gonna repopulate the servers u gutted with this transfer garbage

RiffRaffCat
07.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #5128
I hate being pressured to move to another server! But Vrook Lamar is now a ghost town and it's not as much fun to play. The reasons we are still holding out are because there are several of us (two guilds) and also because we don't want to lose our names. I spent a lot of time trying to get my names just right and I have some beauties. I hate that about WoW where you have to have names that are gibberish because there are so many permutations of popular names. Why aren't Founders being given preference? What good is it to have been supportive since the beginning? A tauntaun isn't going to make up for that (or the new pet).

InnerPieces
07.08.2012 , 05:46 PM | #5129
Quote: Originally Posted by RiffRaffCat View Post
I Why aren't Founders being given preference? What good is it to have been supportive since the beginning? A tauntaun isn't going to make up for that (or the new pet).
I feel the exact same way (as you and the previous four or five responses). I made the mistake of transferring all but 1 character. I lost every name and my Legacy name. That, coupled with the overpopulation, and I sincerely regret moving. I wish like hell they would restore my previous server exactly the way it was, implement the LFG tool so we could actually do Flashpoints without sitting in fleet begging for hours and then make that server (Kath Hound) a destination server along with Ebon Hawk and maybe one other (Lord Adraas or Sanctum of the Exalted) and solve the no flashpoint and underpopulation issues without creating an overpopulation issue and destroying everyone's reputation and character concepts to begin with. Yes, I too pre-ordered specifically to get to choose my characters' identity and feel like they removed the only benefit of a pre-order that meant anything in the long run.

Of course, they didn't listen then and now it's too late. This can still be resolved, but I have seen no indication they have any interest in salvaging this situation for people like us. As far as I can tell, we stopped counting as soon as the quarter with our pre-order money in it passed. As long as the content outweigh the dissatisfied (which shows in their subscription numbers), I don't see us being a driving issue for them. I could be wrong and I guess we'll see. I'm just trying to keep a realistic view from a business perspective and the reality is what it is.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Kiarro
07.09.2012 , 11:18 AM | #5130
So, my Republic server has been DECIMATED by the server consolidations. It's like there's been some galaxy-spanning plague without any of the more interesting side-effects like corpses, hauntings, or straggling survivors setting up post-apocalyptic distopias.

Look, Bioware, I am TOTALLY willing to change servers. Really, I am. I was finally going to do it last night just so I'm not the only person on a planet having bizarre public-chat conversations with myself and wondering what groups used to be like. However, when I checked, there is only a single server option to which I am "allowed" to move. ...And that's the server I have my Imps on. That server is going like gang-busters with all the people you've funneled onto it. Um, thanks.... I think.

I've got two solid Legacies going here: Rep and Imp. Epic story... creepy nerd stuff... creativity and imagination gone strange, all of it. I am not interested in combining them at this time. So just as soon as you see fit to relax the draconian restrictions... just a little bit mind you!... I will be HAPPY to vacate the server so you can shut it down. ...Or fill it with LOLCats... or boot it up with Minecraft... or whatever it is you have planned...

You let me know when you're ready. I'll be around here somewhere. Maybe I'll go see what WoW is doing for old-times sake...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I suppose you're going to torture me now..."
"Thank you for reminding me. *lightninglightninglightning*"