Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BawsHogg
07.05.2012 , 02:55 AM | #5111
its stupid i cant transfer my char that i have built the ultimate futurama based legacy on

apetooman
07.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #5112
Do you think they are done identifying destination servers at this point? Wonder how they'll handle subscription growth if it happens. Populations seem pretty high at peak hours right now (not that I'm complaining at all).

Ipea
07.05.2012 , 08:14 AM | #5113
Servers transfers have been out for a while now and im sure that there is a almost solid number of people per server...Can we please get some info about when we will be able to move our toons to a server we choose...IE get all our toons on 1 server instead of having legacy all over the place

Graydon
07.05.2012 , 08:45 AM | #5114
Quote: Originally Posted by Ipea View Post
Servers transfers have been out for a while now and im sure that there is a almost solid number of people per server...Can we please get some info about when we will be able to move our toons to a server we choose...IE get all our toons on 1 server instead of having legacy all over the place
Why does Bioware not understand this??

Jonoku
07.05.2012 , 08:48 AM | #5115
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
Why does Bioware not understand this??
Bioware has until August 25th, if you know what i mean.

Ipea
07.05.2012 , 08:56 AM | #5116
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Oh i know what you mean....that other thing that has that stuff people love and BW does not have.....Whats it called again.....Oh yeah.....OPEN WORLD PVP AND SERVER TRANSFERS EVERY 7 DAYS TO ANY SEVER YOU WANT.....

Lochhi
07.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #5117
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
August 17th for me.

Lochhi
07.05.2012 , 02:12 PM | #5118
Quote: Originally Posted by Ipea View Post
Oh i know what you mean....that other thing that has that stuff people love and BW does not have.....Whats it called again.....Oh yeah.....OPEN WORLD PVP AND SERVER TRANSFERS EVERY 7 DAYS TO ANY SEVER YOU WANT.....
Yeah, BW/EA just doesn't get it.

Focustarget
07.05.2012 , 02:14 PM | #5119
Bioware, you decided where to put my guild when the game launched taking that decision from our leadership and we trusted your judgement.

The server you selected for us died like so many others. I admit that this development was impossible to predict however it leads me into my main point.

YOU (Bioware) don't get to decide which server I get to play on.

Prior to character transfers I rerolled on a server of my choice that I prefer despite losing access to the legacy perks I worked hard to get and 4 characters that were very nicely geared and developed.

Now that character transfers have been out for a while I think it is time to allow me the customer the option of selecting where to move my characters.

I feel I am more than capable of making this choice and find it slightly condescending that I am currently being denied a choice in the matter.

If you want to charge me an additional modest fee for the convenience I would be more than happy to agree to that.

I'd be happy to settle for letting legacy perks carry over accross servers as a reluctant concession.

I think this is a reasonable request , let me select where to move the characters I put alot of effort into developing to a destination server of my own choosing. Charge me a modest fee for any overhead on your end and add in a cooldown to prevent any abuse of the system.

I don't want welfare black hole commendations or a pet dinosaur I want access to the legacy I built on the server of my choice.

In advance thank you for your time and attention.

Ipea
07.05.2012 , 03:09 PM | #5120
I honestly believe that with a simple Hey customer here is your chance to move your toons to any server you want....this is a 1 time offer and will be open for X amount of time....after this time if you want to move there will be a charge....This will include moving region and server types IE US to EU, PVE to PVP......

After (insert date) has passed the charge to move servers will be (insert amount)

This will im believe decrease the amount of server transfer posts being posted day after day......