QoL: With PvP being revamped, achievements need another look too

Hellhog

I have well over 3000 matches played across my legacy since 2.0 days and I'd consider myself a fairly decent player. When I look at my or other long time player's achievement progress for PvP there seems to be something off. Everything will be 100% in the PvP section except solo kills, killing blows, and total kills. I think it is especially telling these aren't balanced right since I've seen that there is a community now that attempts to farm these achievements in lower level PvP in an attempt to actually be able to complete them.

The achievements themselves are surrounded in luck or not playing the objective collectively mixed in with luck. I would consider the achievements to require minimal skill at best to actually complete compared to having all the right circumstances mixed in. In the cases of things like solo kills for example, you need enough skill to outplay the opposing player, but then you need no healer or other dps to come over an intervene (from your team). But to be able to do it 10 times in a match is near if not impossible given the requirement of actually finding and being allowed to solo 10 times and have enough time to do so. Killing blows is literally all timing. You could do everything right and the majority of the damage but if someone's dot tick is the finishing hit, you don't get the killing blow. And lastly, kills. Really, only Voidstar can become major deathmatches while playing the objectives themselves also reduces chances for kills. Honestly, getting kills is easiest as a healer ironically given the way that works assuming you have a team that can dominate the opposition's healers.

Using myself as an example of progress (of course other people's mileage will vary):

(note I will exclude Yavin because I have barely PvP'd since its release and I have not gotten it once)

Killing Blows:

Alderaan: 4/50 for the 20

Hypergate: 0/50 for the 20, only reached 10

Huttball: 0/50 for the 20, only reached 10

Novare: 1/50 for the 20

Odessen: 0/50 for the 20, only reached 5

Voidstar: 7/50 for the 20

Solo Kills:

Alderaan: 0/50 for the 10, only reached 5

Hypergate: 0/50 for the 10, only reached 1

Huttball: 0/50 for the 10, only reached 1

Novare: 0/50 for the 10, only reached 5

Odessen: 0/50 for the 10, only reached 1

Voidstar: 0/50 for the 10, only reached 1

Total Kills:

Alderaan: 0/50 for the 55, only reached 40

Hypergate: 0/50 for the 55, only reached 25

Huttball: 1/50 for the 55

Novare: 0/50 for the 55, only reached 40

Odessen: 0/50 for the 55, only reached 25

Voidstar: 7/50 for the 55

Given the absurdity it is to accomplish these achievements and the fact the upcoming changes to PvP will generally shorten matches to my understanding, I think the requirements for the achievements need to be revisited. Obviously lowering them diminishes the value of them for those that have completed them, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would have most of these done without boosting to some form.

Personally, if I had to give an off the top of my head suggestion, I'd change them accordingly:

Solo Kills: 1, 2, and 3

Killing Blows: 1, 4, and 7 (maybe less? maybe more?)

Total Kills: 10, 20, 30

I'm not sure what is balanced for something doable for all maps, the upcoming changes, and still being enough to where it's not automatic to get every game like hitting a 5000 heal or 5000 damage single ability, which at this point those too could stand to be changed too but in the opposite however that's not the scope of this post. Whenever I see players that have truly achievement hunted, it's always these 3 types of achievements that they are missing (no, I'm not that heavy of a hunter as I'm missing a lot across the entire game) but it leads me to believe these specific achievements need tweaking.

Edited by Hellhog