Let CM Companions Be Used for Crew Skills

DewyMossEmpire

Yeah, I gotta say, if I spend money to get a companion and then lots of credits to improve my influence with them, I really want to be able to use them for crafting. I don't want to have to rank up a bunch of other companions, too, just to craft.

+1 Vote

Yeah, I gotta say, if I spend money to get a companion and then lots of credits to improve my influence with them, I really want to be able to use them for crafting. I don't want to have to rank up a bunch of other companions, too, just to craft.

+1 Vote

Yeah that's exactly my point. You'd think if anything they'd actually come with crew skill advanatges since we have to PAY for them. But to be unusable altogether? That's the exact opposite how this should work.

Edited by DewyMossEmpire

Treek as a CM companion can be deployed on crafting missions, as can Darth Hexid. Droids and animals cannot unless the droid is a story companion such as M1-4X or T-7.

Hexid isn't a CM companion though.

I can understand creature companions not being usable for crew skills. I mean, as hilarious as it might be to send a wampa on a Diplomacy mission it's also pretty unrealistic even by Star Wars standards. Droids I could kinda see being used for crew skills but it would depend on the droid ... and if they have vocabulators ... or hands.

Last time I checked my nexu could be used for gathering missions if I was using her as a companion. She couldn't be sent out on companion missions nor crafting but she does gather for me (at least the last time I used her) when I am running with my nexu.

OP means actual crew missions and crafting, not sending them out to gather resources in the field.

Treek as a CM companion can be deployed on crafting missions, as can Darth Hexid. Droids and animals cannot unless the droid is a story companion such as M1-4X or T-7.

hk-51 can craft and do crew missions.

treek is technicaly not CM. he was a legacy reward for reaching legacy 40. a vendor just inside fleet bazaar sells his recruitment to those who are level 40+ legacy.

this topic is a legit concern, another thing that sucks is that they require "maintenance" or "delicacy" gifts... which can only be obtained by either rare RNG or jawa junk. there isnt a way to buy these gifts with credits, or at least there wasnt the last time I looked. (Im not counting GTN sales because one way or another someone somewhere had to obtain them the other ways.)

Edited by Seterade

hk-51 can craft and do crew missions.

True, but HK-51 isn't a CM companion at all.

treek is technicaly not CM. he was a legacy reward for reaching legacy 40. a vendor just inside fleet bazaar sells his recruitment to those who are level 40+ legacy.

Treek is a *she*.

this topic is a legit concern, another thing that sucks is that they require "maintenance" or "delicacy" gifts...

At least some of them gain influence from other gift types. The Akk Dog, for example, likes eating tents. Er. Military Gear gifts.

I always forget its a girl. looks like a guy and

eats people

the person I quoted didnt specify that only droid CM comps cant craft, he said non story cant, and hk is a promotional comp from belsavis with no story basis who can craft and like treek isnt CM.

as for whether they "can" like other gifts, true enough but are you really sitting on fleet force feeding them 3k gifts for 1 hour? if I remember properly the gifts that are non jawa are like grade "like" level.

Edited by Seterade

Yeah, I don't mind allowing them to be sent on Crew Skill missions but giving them advantage? No thanks.

All of the core companions used to have bonuses to various crew skills. Giving Cartel Market companions the same level of bonuses wouldn't be pay-to-win, it would simply be a new cosmetic skin on the same thing.

All of the core companions used to have bonuses to various crew skills. Giving Cartel Market companions the same level of bonuses wouldn't be pay-to-win, it would simply be a new cosmetic skin on the same thing.

Exactly. Let the CM Companions go on missions & obtain the same bonuses to their crew skills based on their Influence like everyone else.