A rundown of the stories

Kaspel

For the sake of ending discussions onwhich story is best, I have prepared a brief summary of which story is what. You will like the most whichever of these sounds the most appealing to you.

Jedi Knight - The Hero, the Luke Skywalker, straightup fantasy adventure, swordfights, red-headed Love Interest, Five-Man Band, galaxy in peril, so forth.

Jedi Consular - Investigation, mysteries, ancient knowledge, diplomacy, adventures, discovering neat stuff blahblahblah. Pretty much a more intellectual JK.

Smuggler - Comedic Adventure story. Basically like the Jedi Knight only more modern and funnier. Action, jokes, romance, jokes, buried treasure, jokes, vengeance, jokes and jokes. Worth noting that while the humour is subjective, the story is undeniably carried by the smuggler and his companions - their snark and odd reactions to problems is what makes it worthwhile.

Trooper - Captain America / Soldier story. Basically, he fights bad guys, saves the day, daring rescues, guns are good, go america. Er, Rebuplic.

Sith Warrior - Darth Vader. Kill a lot of guys, get respected, get feared, people panic when they see you, be powerful, lead armies, destroy worlds.

Sith Inquisitor - Plot, calculate, scheme, rise up from nothing to everything, plot for your own personal gain, be smart. And [shock Him].

Imperial Agent: James Bond. Seduce, backstab, spy, plot, think fast, be a general bad ***.

Bounty Hunter: Two people with a gun against the universe. And I say two, because at least until chapter one, Mako is basically just as much the protagonist as you. Lotta guns, lotta tech, lotta fighting, be ******, make money, seek glory, yadayadayada.

If I'm missing anything, feel free to post and I'll edit it in.

Edited by Kaspel

Honestly didn't think smuggler was that funny. It was certainly lighter, and there were a few funny moments...but I thought it was a pretty meh story with terrible villains.

Should probably elaborate on that, will do.

As a BH, I think you hit our story dead on. There are a couple of funny moments in there though. The end of Chapter I has an absolutely hysterical moment (for me anyway). Here, I will post it:

Your last target in the great hunt is a Jedi Master. You assault his ship, taking out the guards, the hyperdrive, etc. You finally get to the Jedi and his Padawan. One of them tries a Jedi Mind Trick on you, waves their hand, and says "You will lay down your weapons." Depending on the dialogue option you choose you: Look at Mako, she looks at you like "***?" and you wave your hand and say "You will realize that you look like a complete idiot right now."

Sith Inquisitor - Plot, calculate, scheme, rise up from nothing to everything, plot for your own personal gain, be smart. And [shock Him]

There isn't really that much scheming in the inquisitor storyline though... and most of the plotting is done by other people, with you just acting as the muscle.

Most of the SI storyline is like some really half assed Indiana Jones story.

There isn't really that much scheming in the inquisitor storyline though... and most of the plotting is done by other people, with you just acting as the muscle.

The problem is that a player character that is essentially your window in the world cannot come up with concepts. If they do, that takes immersion/freedom away from you because it wasn't your idea, and if they don't, well, you don't play a role of instigator.

Essentially, your character is a reactor in the story. They respond to and complete plots, but do not make them. In single player games, even sandboxes, this can be over come to some extent with journals, or a 'consciousness' of thought bubbles, etc.

If you COULD instigate plots, that would be cool, but limited to what the dev's leave for you, rather than what is actually possible. Also, you'd still need to be prompted with the trigger to make the plot.

Exactly, we just "do what must be done" and I can't help but think we're just add ons to the story line. We wind up being on the **** ******* because of random chance and one dead old guy who really was watching us from heaven/wherever sith lords sit around and wait for someone to raid their tombs.

Jedi Consular - Investigation, mysteries, ancient knowledge, discovering neat stuff blahblahblah.

This would be Chapter I.

Chapters II and III are all about acting as a diplomat with the Rift Alliance and by Chapter III you're building a freaking army and become a Jedi General.

Not so much with the mysteries, ancient knowledge stuff at that point.

This would be Chapter I.

Chapters II and III are all about acting as a diplomat with the Rift Alliance and by Chapter III you're building a freaking army and become a Jedi General.

Not so much with the mysteries, ancient knowledge stuff at that point.

I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it.

As a BH, I think you hit our story dead on. There are a couple of funny moments in there though. The end of Chapter I has an absolutely hysterical moment (for me anyway). Here, I will post it:

Your last target in the great hunt is a Jedi Master. You assault his ship, taking out the guards, the hyperdrive, etc. You finally get to the Jedi and his Padawan. One of them tries a Jedi Mind Trick on you, waves their hand, and says "You will lay down your weapons." Depending on the dialogue option you choose you: Look at Mako, she looks at you like "***?" and you wave your hand and say "You will realize that you look like a complete idiot right now."

Yes! I LMAO on this 1!!