Tanks doing 5K damage need a NERF

Metalmac

Tanks doing 5K damage consistently need a freakin nerf this is bigger than a healer can even heal.

Even in full on WH gear a 7K heal is not very often, but consistently a Tank can do 5K damage?

How is this even fair? Tanks are supposed to take damage not be DPS.

Besides when you have Tanks that can out damage healers you get a Healers being shut down by a single tank.

Since when do tanks attack healers? A tanks role in pvp is to guard their healers and peel off enemy dps trying to attack their healers. Oh and most tanks use dps gear, as tanking stats are sadly quite useless in pvp, so if they are well geared then doing some decent damage is not unexpected.

Any mix of spec and gear that makes a Class OP needs a nerf!

If healers wearing DPS gear suddenly started healing for consistent 10K heals the uproar would be deafening.

But it is perfectly OK for a Tank to do DPS output?

This is very much a double standard.

Since when do tanks attack healers? A tanks role in pvp is to guard their healers and peel off enemy dps trying to attack their healers. Oh and most tanks use dps gear, as tanking stats are sadly quite useless in pvp, so if they are well geared then doing some decent damage is not unexpected.

Roles in PVP does not exist and proof is tanks wearing DPS gear with DPS output and Tank survival.

What tank is doing 5k hits lol

I do 5k easy on my jugg in tanks stance but then I rage speced, IT rather easier for some one to think a tank class that is roled as dps but in tank stance is actual a tank when they are not.

That's what they're supposed to do, but generally, they don't.

I do 5k easy on my jugg in tanks stance but then I rage speced, IT rather easier for some one to think a tank class that is roled as dps but in tank stance is actual a tank when they are not.

No wrong he pops the tank shield and that is a TANK.

Tanksins has always able to do 5k in one shock with energized proc and recklessness.

Actually you are looking at 8k in one chain shock in 1 gcd and yes you can do it even if you spend 31 points into darkness tree (full tank).

They can even follow up with an uninterruptable 3stack force lighting that will crit over 8k over 3 seconds.

Only "full tank" spec that can pull this kind of burst is tankasin.

oh and this is not a news anymore maybe from pt ir jug tanks but definitely not new fromva darkness sin.

No wrong he pops the tank shield and that is a TANK.

"The tank shield"? Are you sure it wasn't just Saber Ward?

In theory, of course, a Rage Juggernaut could get Invincible and still put 30 points in the Rage tree. But he won't do those lolsmashes very often without Force Crush and he won't be much of a tank either. Except for 10 seconds every 3 minutes.

Okay there are only 3 ways a shadow tank can hit 5k consistently.

1 is autocrit project, I'm MAXED dps gear, complete best in slot and this usually hits for around 4k not counting additional debris. If you're being hit 5k by my projects the only reason is because you're not geared or you have several debuffs on you and I'm hitting force potency (only counts for 1 or 2 hits I do).

2 is shadow strike with 3 points on infiltration tactics. This is weapon damage, and is mitigrated by everything, it can take a while to proc and requires me to be behind you.

3 is my execute and I can only do it every 6 seconds when you're under 30% health.

those are the only 3 moves a shadow tank can hit 5k+ with. The person who said a shadow tank got 900 dps in a warzone was due to him spamming slow time (better overall damage than FiB, worse single target), force breach, procing project off whirling blow (aoe melee), autocrit project, telekinetic throw for life steals, and having a pocket healer. Simple way to avoid this? Don't clump like idiots.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

Roles in PVP does not exist and proof is tanks wearing DPS gear with DPS output and Tank survival.

Guess you missed where a lot of a tanks survival comes from gear. If they're running DPS gear they don't have much defense, shield or absorb. They have what little survivability they get from skill trees.

Guess you missed where a lot of a tanks survival comes from gear. If they're running DPS gear they don't have much defense, shield or absorb. They have what little survivability they get from skill trees.

They can still outdamage a gunslinger, partly due to the fact that they can stay alive longer in the first place to continue dishing out damage. A hybrid implies that your spec will be mediocre at both dealing damage and tanking, but it seems that some classes are good at both.

Any mix of spec and gear that makes a Class OP needs a nerf!

If healers wearing DPS gear suddenly started healing for consistent 10K heals the uproar would be deafening.

But it is perfectly OK for a Tank to do DPS output?

This is very much a double standard.

What do you think healers wear? The only difference between my gear and a DPS is I have alacrity and they have accuracy. It's also better for healers to stack power over main stat like DPS but the gear isn't very different. I would love to see a 10k heal though that would be impressive.

After reading the OP's words how am I not suppose to say the one phrase I hate to say? That I NEVER say. This seems more like an "L2P" issue. .. There I've said it! Only time I will because when you don't specify which spec let alone which class. I mean are talking Rage or Focus? Either way every class has a DPS spec.. How is this new to you?

Healers dying in pvp? It's suppose happen, be it sooner or eventually pending on how cleaver the player is. Now I could say maybe it's 1.4. As we all know pvp is always full of issue worse then this post.

So you had a really bad pvp run I'm assuming? We've all been there when it comes to SWTOR.. .

Okay there are only 3 ways a shadow tank can hit 5k consistently.

1 is autocrit project, I'm MAXED dps gear, complete best in slot and this usually hits for around 4k not counting additional debris. If you're being hit 5k by my projects the only reason is because you're not geared or you have several debuffs on you and I'm hitting force potency (only counts for 1 or 2 hits I do).

2 is shadow strike with 3 points on infiltration tactics. This is weapon damage, and is mitigrated by everything, it can take a while to proc and requires me to be behind you.

3 is my execute and I can only do it every 6 seconds when you're under 30% health.

those are the only 3 moves a shadow tank can hit 5k+ with. The person who said a shadow tank got 900 dps in a warzone was due to him spamming slow time (better overall damage than FiB, worse single target), force breach, procing project off whirling blow (aoe melee), autocrit project, telekinetic throw for life steals, and having a pocket healer. Simple way to avoid this? Don't clump like idiots.

force breach (with proc) hits for +5K under infil tactics

op might think that every toon with a glowing bat is a tank

Edited by Groncho

Tanks doing 5K damage consistently need a freakin nerf this is bigger than a healer can even heal.

Even in full on WH gear a 7K heal is not very often, but consistently a Tank can do 5K damage?

How is this even fair? Tanks are supposed to take damage not be DPS.

Besides when you have Tanks that can out damage healers you get a Healers being shut down by a single tank.

Not sure if this is a troll, a casual/noob, or if this is just another learn to play issue. You my friend have got me stumped. :rak_02: