Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the chances for Theron being loyal?...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What are the chances for Theron being loyal?...

AbilityDrain
04.07.2018 , 12:41 PM | #11
Lana and Theron kinda remind me of the Shepard and Garrus dynamic in Mass Effect, there's literally no Shan without Beniko and visa versa.

Paulsutherland
04.07.2018 , 12:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AbilityDrain View Post
Lana and Theron kinda remind me of the Shepard and Garrus dynamic in Mass Effect, there's literally no Shan without Beniko and visa versa.
Which one of them will take a rocket to the face?

AbilityDrain
04.07.2018 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Which one of them will take a rocket to the face?
Probably Theron, to be fair.

MikeCobalt
04.07.2018 , 04:39 PM | #14
Theron is a Spy, that's all there is. Other then the "Train Crash" (for which he provided the escape) really all he's done is refused to "Heel like a Pet" ; he has more important things to do. So far our not being able to find/ go to him has kept "The Commander" far away from whoever these people are (Maybe he's protecting us) and the people we've encountered so far could be "Thinning the enemy down before we even get there" also. Theron's just a Spy, if he was spending time "Gossiping with us, hanging out with us" it would be really difficult to convince the enemy he had "Changed Sides".

Dracofish
04.07.2018 , 04:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AbilityDrain View Post
Except Garrus and Shepard are my ultimate OTP ship...and the thought of Theron and Lana just...no...no...a thousand times NO!
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Estelindis
04.07.2018 , 10:09 PM | #16
Of course Theron is loyal.

I'd quite like it if they made him disloyal if you played a really darksided commander who sided with the empire, but I suspect that the baddies he infiltrated will somehow turn out to be much worse even than the most depraved player character. It's just easier for the devs that way.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

AbilityDrain
04.08.2018 , 06:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Except Garrus and Shepard are my ultimate OTP ship...and the thought of Theron and Lana just...no...no...a thousand times NO!
Garrus and Shepard aren't just a romantic relationship-pairing though, if you don't pursue Garrus romantically they have a tight friendship, which is what I was referring to. Besides, Lana and Koth have a blatant crush on each other so there's absolutely no danger of Theron and Lana ever catching feels for one another.

AbilityDrain
04.08.2018 , 06:38 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Of course Theron is loyal.

I'd quite like it if they made him disloyal if you played a really darksided commander who sided with the empire, but I suspect that the baddies he infiltrated will somehow turn out to be much worse even than the most depraved player character. It's just easier for the devs that way.
If SWTOR was a single player RPG like a standard BioWare game, I could totally see Theron betraying us for real if our character was the ultimate dark side space douche, but like you said, since this is an MMO all those branching outcomes across the board stack up. It's a shame that those sorts of branching narratives happen to a lesser extent in SWTOR but since it's a game that continues on indefinitely, I imagine it would get really confusing and complex to implement and account for all those different branches and fates for so many different companions and protagonist choices.

devilkat
04.08.2018 , 12:11 PM | #19
I wonder if they'll open this game up to the fans for modding after it hits the end of its run? I love the mods the community has made for Skyrim, and it would be awesome to be able to get some for this game. As to his loyalty, LS commander, yes, DS....idk. I suppose they could make it like the Koth choice, but the problem there would be then he's gone from the story for the LS characters, too. A branched storyline would be nice, but I doubt they have the resources to pull that off right now. *sigh*
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

MikeCobalt
04.08.2018 , 08:51 PM | #20
Some of "Skyrims" mods and "Player Created Quest's" are amazing. I really Doubt EA would (They're not a Nice company) but it would be good