Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Story

Vaayne_S's Avatar


Vaayne_S
04.15.2018 , 10:50 PM | #1
So I don't know if the devs will see this, and I'm sure there are other posts on it but can't find any.

My question is with the new expansion going back to republic vs imps are you guys going to make new class stories for each class or a 1 story for all on each side, and if you are doing the one story for all is it going to make since for all classes or be another KOTET and stuff where the whole story makes more since to be a force user? I am aware there are little things like companions and stuff here and there for all classes but lets be real the over all story for these last content is more focused on a force user, and I am not the only one that believes that you see way more people agreeing with me then not. To me it just seems with this being a story driven mmo that a story like this one is only worth playing with half the classes so after I did it with my knight doing it with my bounty hunter i just felt out of place or that the story was just forced on me because there was no story for my bounty hunter to do and there had to be content. After that i didn't even do the story i just spammed flashpoints and heroics to level my other non force users and the only reason I'm doing it again is for the darkside option on my sith warrior.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.16.2018 , 03:35 AM | #2
I don't think they'll ever do class stories again, mostly because by this point I don't think it's within their budget, if they did it would be very short and players likely wouldn't feel satisfied with it. But Charles, creative director of the game, seems open to the idea so who knows, best case scenario we'll more class-specific missions like the ones in SOR.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Vaayne_S's Avatar


Vaayne_S
04.17.2018 , 01:49 AM | #3
That sounds good I just would really like something that isnít so one sides to dice users because not only does it make it boring and seem out of place for the other classes, but it also messes with class balance a little because you end up with a lot of people playing only those classes

dewayne's Avatar


dewayne
04.25.2018 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
I don't think they'll ever do class stories again, mostly because by this point I don't think it's within their budget, if they did it would be very short and players likely wouldn't feel satisfied with it. But Charles, creative director of the game, seems open to the idea so who knows, best case scenario we'll more class-specific missions like the ones in SOR.

i believe kieth said in october 2017 or somewhere in that timeframe that their would be class stories this year sometime.. my gueess cause their been a cry for more companion stories too. is they might combined. as most the of returning companions have p[roblems that havent been totally dealt with, hence the two minute cutscenes right now. just my theory
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.26.2018 , 11:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dewayne View Post
i believe kieth said in october 2017 or somewhere in that timeframe that their would be class stories this year sometime.. my gueess cause their been a cry for more companion stories too. is they might combined. as most the of returning companions have p[roblems that havent been totally dealt with, hence the two minute cutscenes right now. just my theory
Hmm I don't remember that, I would love if that happened though.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

dewayne's Avatar


dewayne
04.26.2018 , 01:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Hmm I don't remember that, I would love if that happened though.
like i said i believe he said it, could been charles too. but i think was said at the same time kieth mention the new expsnison for the first time. ill see if i can find it.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.27.2018 , 01:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dewayne View Post
like i said i believe he said it, could been charles too. but i think was said at the same time kieth mention the new expsnison for the first time. ill see if i can find it.
I do remember in a lot of livestrems Charles mentions he'd be interested in doing it again, but I personally think that is more of a PR spin than actual truth, maybe we'll something like SOR but I doubt we'll have enough class story, if there is it's either 1 big story or 8 small ones, I'd love to be proven wrong though.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
04.27.2018 , 06:03 PM | #8
Lol, we're never going back to the way things were. We will be shoehorned into another "one size fits all" story because they can't properly do it any other way.

I do hope they can split storylines or dialogue in some way. But, it just seems like an awful lot to ask of this team.

Remember, just because the story will be Republic vs. Empire, doesn't mean that we have to be a part of one of those factions.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku